Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals badly need a TE
Looking at the 53 man roster, TE definitely stands out as a weak spot. Who in that position gives you confidence that they can make a crucial play, when needed?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:03 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Looking at the 53 man roster, TE definitely stands out as a weak spot.  Who in that position gives you confidence that they can make a crucial play, when needed?

Our new #1 TE Irv Smith may surprise a lot of people. On the blocking side, Sample and Wilcox can both block well. I also like our 4th and 5th WR's.

I hope we hear Joe is back ay practice this week, that is my main concern.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Cardinals seem to be doing their best to be tanking right now. Could probably get Zach Ertz coming off an injury last year for like a 7th, or maybe a 6th to get them to eat some of the money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cardinals seem to be doing their best to be tanking right now. Could probably get Zach Ertz coming off an injury last year for like a 7th, or maybe a 6th to get them to eat some of the money.

Really like this idea. Would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:03 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Looking at the 53 man roster, TE definitely stands out as a weak spot. Who in that position gives you confidence that they can make a crucial play, when needed?

Is one of our best offensive players not a TE? No but they are pretty pumped about Irv Smith’s athleticism. They’ve made no bones about him being the most athletic they’ve had. Joe just doesn’t gravitate to TE’s. He didn’t at LSU or ever here. They just aren’t going to be pivotal.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Is one of our best offensive players not a TE? No but they are pretty pumped about Irv Smith’s athleticism. They’ve made no bones about him being the most athletic they’ve had. Joe just doesn’t gravitate to TE’s. He didn’t at LSU or ever here. They just aren’t going to be pivotal.

Smith physically has all the tools. It's just...will he stay healthy?

In general, I loved adding him. I would have probably added another te too though.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Smith physically has all the tools. It's just...will he stay healthy?

In general, I loved adding him. I would have probably added another te too though.

For sure. They liked Kincaid and La Porta
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Zack Kuntz was released. Really wanted to draft this kid. Some thought he could go as high as the late second round. 6’8 251 Lbs and runs like a 4.4 would love to groom this guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: For sure. They liked Kincaid and La Porta

My top 2 TE’s were Kincaid and LaPorta. Would have taken the local kid over M. Murphy too but that doesn’t matter much now. I wasn’t a LaPorta fan at all, but the more I watched, the more I wanted him on the team. He could end up being the best TE in this class.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our new #1 TE Irv Smith may surprise a lot of people. On the blocking side, Sample and Wilcox can both block well. I also like our 4th and 5th WR's.

I hope we hear Joe is back ay practice this week, that is my main concern.

He's yet to make it through half a season through his first 3 years. We need to have a back up play for some sort of play maker from TE for when he likely has to miss time. Maybe Wilcox can flash more with more playing time but we know Sample if giving nothing. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:03 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Looking at the 53 man roster, TE definitely stands out as a weak spot.  Who in that position gives you confidence that they can make a crucial play, when needed?

Irv Smith, BUT the major knock on him is health. Will he be available when we need that crucial play. Oddly enough both Hurst and Uzomah got injured the last 2 years so it's been a bit of a problem as is.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:31 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Irv Smith, BUT the major knock on him is health. Will he be available when we need that crucial play. Oddly enough both Hurst and Uzomah got injured the last 2 years so it's been a bit of a problem as is.

Both CJ and Hurst still started as many or more games in their last year with us (including playoffs) than Smith has played in his entire career. 
Reply/Quote
Irv Smith's going to be another Hayden Hurst. If he stays healthy, I'm looking for something like 500 yards, 5 TDs and 60 recs.
Reply/Quote
Beating a dead horse here but Irv smith cannot stay healthy.

Bengals really need to start playing the "trade your 6th or 7th pick" for a solid vet game. It's what gives SB teams a bigger edge when the margins are already slim.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
TE is a weakness on the team

But with Chase, Tee, Tylers, Charlie, Mixon we don't badly need a TE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: TE is a weakness on the team

But with Chase, Tee, Tylers, Charlie, Mixon we don't badly need a TE
Disagree with your TE assessment.  Let's give Smith a chance before we dismiss him. I do agree that with all of those mouths to feed TE isn't going to receive a lot of targets.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:31 PM)TheFan Wrote: He's yet to make it through half a season through his first 3 years. We need to have a back up play for some sort of play maker from TE for when he likely has to miss time. Maybe Wilcox can flash more with more playing time but we know Sample if giving nothing. 

Huh?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitIr01.htm
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:31 PM)TheFan Wrote: He's yet to make it through half a season through his first 3 years. We need to have a back up play for some sort of play maker from TE for when he likely has to miss time. Maybe Wilcox can flash more with more playing time but we know Sample if giving nothing. 

He only missed 3 games his first two years, but that was also when Rudolph was there.
When Rudolph departed, Smith was hardly available.
It's a big reason why they did a midseason trade for Hockenson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 02:02 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Huh?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitIr01.htm

Sorry, disregard my posts lol I read the games started and completely missed games played like a ninny. He only started 7, 7, and 1 but did play in thr others except for last year. 
Reply/Quote
If Hudson makes it to the PS, I think we are in decent shape.
Reply/Quote