Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals been in contact with Trai Turner
According to Lance McAlister.

Per Malik Wright on Twitter/
Btw the Bengals have already been in contact with Trai Turner . ?

Get him signed Rock On
Reply/Quote
Do it. This guy was a 5 time pro bowler, and had a down season and a groin injury. He has to be better than Jordan. He could return to his pro bowl form, you never know.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:46 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Do it. This guy was a 5 time pro bowler, and had a down season and a groin injury. He has to be better than Jordan. He could return to his pro bowl form, you never know.

And if Turner doesn't do it maybe Jordan's training with Willie will do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Turner, Blythe or Spain. Would like at least 1. 2 would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
He had a bad year, 34 PFF rating. Not sure about him
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:19 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: He had a bad year, 34 PFF rating.   Not sure about him

What's up with Larry Warford? Is he coming back to the NFL after taking last year off? I wouldn't mind signing him.
Reply/Quote
I see him as a high upside potential backup or a guy who may have nothing left in the tank.  Spain is the safer play of the two imo.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:19 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: He had a bad year, 34 PFF rating.   Not sure about him

Still only allowed 1 sack in over 500 snaps, though, and was dealing with injury.
Reply/Quote
He is going to be a huge boom or bust signing.
If the groin injury is healed and no longer an issue he could be back to Probowl level. Or he sucks again. As long as the price is right for the risk its a smart move.
Reply/Quote

He's was bad last year and average at best the year before that despite being voted into the pro bowl according to alot of Panthers fans I know.

I think if it's reasonably cheap it's worth the risk, we know he can be good, question is was it injury or the fact he took it easy after getting paid that caused his play to dip.

If it was just a nagging injury he could be a good signing, if not I'm sure it'll be cheap enough we can easily move on.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:46 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: And if Turner doesn't do it maybe Jordan's training with Willie will do it.

And monkeys might fly out of my butt...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:42 AM)pulses Wrote: According to Lance McAlister.

Per Malik Wright on Twitter/
Btw the Bengals have already been in contact with Trai Turner . ?

Get him signed Rock On

While gauging his snaps at which guard position, I came across this article.  Read the headlines involving him as you scroll down for the 2021 season.  It seemed like everything that could break on him did in 2021.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1824845/trai-turner
Reply/Quote
Singing him would be great. The more talent and depth at the OL positon, the better.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 09:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And monkeys might fly out of my butt...

[Image: omm.gif]

Reply/Quote
Judging by how little they paid Reilly Reiff, I'm guessing that the talks with Turner didn't go far?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: Still only allowed 1 sack in over 500 snaps, though, and was dealing with injury.

Like seriously, unless he’s injury riddled,I’m not sure how you can say he’s any worse that what we have. I’d take him in a heartbeat 10/10 over what we have at LG. Would also love Spain back until we can find a long term answer.
Reply/Quote
If the price is right I see no reason not to bring this guy in.

He's only 27 and he's suffered no major injuries throughtout his career. He's also already made 89 starts despite his relatively young age

All I know is he is probably better than any single guard we currently have on the team. He's probably still better than XSF. He's definitely better than Michael Jordan. He's better than moving Fred Jackson or Adeniji inside.

I wouldn't pay him a ton of money. Maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-6 mil???? Worst case scenario, you pick up some depth for the OL and a spot starter. Best case scenario, you rented a former Pro-Bowler who returns to form, and resets his market here playing at a huge discount.

With this guy still being young, and being a formerly high paid player, I would bet that he's going to do everything he can to get one more big payday in this league. So that probably means he's going to take a 1 year deal, maybe two at the most, and look to reset his market.

It's worth a shot at this point. We don't have a ton of options out there right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 09:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: omm.gif]

They look surprised in the "after" shot???  And no wings?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Judging by how little they paid Reilly Reiff, I'm guessing that the talks with Turner didn't go far?

Why would they not go far? Dude was literally rated as one of the worst Guards in the NFL last season, if he's expecting big money then we should be out. He should expect a prove it type deal not really anything more.
Reply/Quote
For what it’s worth he did “like” a #whotrai post that’s going around Twitter.
Reply/Quote