Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can we make any more signings?
(03-19-2021, 02:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If we release Uzomah we would have 2 TEs under contract.

I know people want to hate on him, but right now he isn't going anywhere.

Trade for Ertz, then cut Uzomah which is almost a trade off in cap money

Then add Pitts maybe????

I would love Ertz, Pitts and Sample
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 08:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trade for Ertz, then cut Uzomah which is almost a trade off in cap money

Then add Pitts maybe????

Ertz yes, Pitts no.

Pitts means you are passing on Sewell or Slater and either of them does more for Burrow and this team then Pitts.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hell, if they got Trai Turner and Josh Reynolds/Chris Conley with a combined $10-12 mill, I'd consider FA to be done and actually a pretty solid one heading into the draft. It's not every player I would have preferred, but it's solid.

(03-19-2021, 09:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Ertz yes, Pitts no.

Pitts means you are passing on Sewell or Slater and either of them does more for Burrow and this team then Pitts.
This draft is deep in OTs.. 
If they pass on Slater or of Miami drafts Sewell, there is 
Plenty of OT available that is in.their league
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 08:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trade for Ertz, then cut Uzomah which is almost a trade off in cap money

Then add Pitts maybe????

Ertz trade would be cool, but what are we putting on the table?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:25 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This draft is deep in OTs.. 
If they pass on Slater or of Miami drafts Sewell, there is 
Plenty of OT available that is in.their league

There is 3 OTs in their own league.

Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw.

After those 3 the drop is significant. Rieff is here for one year, so drafting one of those 3 to replace him is vital.

You don't buy a flashy sports car before you have a house.

Pitts is a luxury. The O-line is the necessity. 

We have 2 solid guys out of 5. Not good enough to waste picks on guys who are useless when Burrow is sacked over and over. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't be surprised if the cash is NOT used now, but IS used after the draft, for a Bates and Hubbard front-loaded extension.

Which I'd be cool with as well.

I would be down with saving the dough for these extensions no question. Maybe bring in a Guard though before the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hell, if they got Trai Turner and Josh Reynolds/Chris Conley with a combined $10-12 mill, I'd consider FA to be done and actually a pretty solid one heading into the draft. It's not every player I would have preferred, but it's solid.

Agreed.

I'm really hoping Turner is in the cards. Adding Rieff and Turner, combined with the other moves they've made, would make this free agency pretty damn impressive, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 07:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hard pass on Turner. Know he has the Pro Bowl history, but he was outright terrible last year and I don't want to sign guys from one of the few OLs actually worse than ours.

You also can't call his injuries last year a fluke, because he's missed at least 3 games in each of the last 4 years. That doesn't get better with age.

The guy has also allowed only 12 sacks in 7 years, and he play was always very solid prior to last year.

Well worth taking a shot on for a reasonable deal. I would like to see Spain back as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Agreed.

I'm really hoping Turner is in the cards. Adding Rieff and Turner, combined with the other moves they've made, would make this free agency pretty damn impressive, IMO.

Turner would be a real risky move. He's missed 7,3,3 games in the last 3 years. Was terrifically bad last year and bad the year before. His last good year was 3 seasons ago and it was just average. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Turner would be a real risky move. He's missed 7,3,3 games in the last 3 years. Was terrifically bad last year and bad the year before. His last good year was 3 seasons ago and it was just average. 

Just my opinion, but I think it's a risk worth taking. When Turner is playing well, he's a pretty damn effective RG. The missed time is always a concern, as is his overall performance last year...but if he can return to previous form, it pays off in a pretty big way.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just my opinion, but I think it's a risk worth taking. When Turner is playing well, he's a pretty damn effective RG. The missed time is always a concern, as is his overall performance last year...but if he can return to previous form, it pays off in a pretty big way.

If nothing else, he'd help for depth... It's hard to believe that not all that long ago we had guys like Anthony Collins and Eric Winston on our bench. In 2020 most of are starting linemen weren't worth a damn, and there was a precipitous dropoff from those guys to the pine riders.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just my opinion, but I think it's a risk worth taking. When Turner is playing well, he's a pretty damn effective RG. The missed time is always a concern, as is his overall performance last year...but if he can return to previous form, it pays off in a pretty big way.

Trai is only 27. Would be all for bringing him or Warford in if they are in shape and not injured...
Reply/Quote