Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals bring back Margus Hunt and waive Andrew Brown
(10-19-2020, 05:49 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Who on earth would be sold on Randy B.?  he chokes on kicks that matter....which seems like everytime there is one and makes the non stress kicks.  
The #1 trait for a kicker is to be clutch and make those type of kicks....he doesn't have it in him and fakes injury to save face. 

His miss yesterday was from 48 yards.  That is not an easy kick.

And he never "faked" any injury.

As a Bengal Bullock is 5-7 on FGs in the final 2 minutes of the fourth quarter and one of the two misses was due to a cramp.  Overall he is 29-34 in the 4th quarter.

He is 15-16 in the final 2 minutes of the first half with his only miss from 53 yards.

He has hit multiple clutch kicks in the 4th quarter including

-Game winning 44 yd FG against Tampa Bay in 2018 with no time left on the clock.

-2018 he tied the game against the Steelers with a FG with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

-2018 he hit a go ahead FG against the Dolphins with 3 minutes left.

-51 yd FG to give us a 2 point lead over the Lions in 2017 with less than 5 minutes left in the game.

-2019 43 yard FG with less than five minutes left to give us the lead against the Bills.

I was pissed when he missed those clutch kicks this year, but he is far from a career "choker".  
Reply/Quote
Boom. Super Bowl.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This just doesn't make much sense and it's all on Tobin (and the lack of scouts to find a steal on someone's ps). He has no relationship with the staff. We see who is (still) pulling strings.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I guess the real test will be if another team claims Brown.
Reply/Quote
Brad St. Louis is only 44, they should bring him back too.

Peko

Rey

Geathers

Hell, less than 5 years ago PacMan was a pro bowler. This cant miss.
Reply/Quote
I’m surprised the current regime brought back someone from the Marvin Lewis era considering Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap are being phased out. What’s next? Vontaze Burfict? Sam Adams? Orien Harris?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
Carrying Seibert tells me the coaches are not sold on Randy B. 
I don't understand why they would give up on Brown unless his attitude is off and he is not showing "team" oriented approach.  

They are carrying a second kicker as it would take one week to get one through the Covid protocol, so an injury to the Fat One would leave us screwed for two weeks.  He could go on PS, but then he is free to receive other offers and take a team up on one.  That would put us back at the possibility of not having a place kicker for a game.

As to the OP, Hunt has been signed as a tackle, not an end.  Brown will probably clear waivers and be signed to the PS.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m surprised the current regime brought back someone from the Marvin Lewis era considering Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap are being phased out.  What’s next?  Vontaze Burfict?  Sam Adams?  Orien Harris?

Ah, the gift that kept on giving.

Trade him away, sign him back, trade him away, sign him back...
Reply/Quote
My guess is he will play tackle and not end. When I watched him plat DT for Indy he was decent. He could get some push up the middle at times. Prob can help in short yardage situations.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Marcus Hunt got every opportunity while he was here to be good and did nothing . However Brown was hardly ever given an opportunity and gets cut for it. This team is so frustrating.

Hunt had about 2-3 years of playing football when he was here before. He has more experience now. Is he a top DE, no, but give the guy a chance before you label him a bust.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:41 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: My guess is he will play tackle and not end. When I watched him plat DT for Indy he was decent. He could get some push up the middle at times. Prob can help in short yardage situations.

Margus only ever really had one move, the bull rush. But, he is strong as an ox. If he can push the pocket straight back at DT, that will help the ends.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:41 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: My guess is he will play tackle and not end. When I watched him plat DT for Indy he was decent. He could get some push up the middle at times. Prob can help in short yardage situations.

Yeah he was so decent he was released by the colts and then the saints each in 2020. Lol
Reply/Quote
Where's Andre Smith?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Where's Andre Smith?

Baltimore. He’s a Raven.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Margus only ever really had one move, the bull rush. But, he is strong as an ox. If he can push the pocket straight back at DT, that will help the ends.

Exactly that is how I can see them using him. I wouldn’t expect much else.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:46 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Yeah he was so decent he was released by the colts and then the saints each in 2020. Lol

Lol lol lol I didn’t say he was great. He was just decent at, as mentioned above pushing the pocket back, but that was about it. Never thought he moved well for a football player. The only reason I can see him being back here is the Bengals are kinda desperate. Call the guy trash I don’t care. I wasn’t trying to endorse the guy. I was actually glad when they let him go last time.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Margus only ever really had one move, the bull rush. But, he is strong as an ox. If he can push the pocket straight back at DT, that will help the ends.

(10-19-2020, 09:44 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Exactly that is how I can see them using him. I wouldn’t expect much else.

Especially if he can do that on passing downs next to Geno.  We know Geno will get the double team, so Hunt could potentially push the QB deeper in the pocket so the ends can clean it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Baltimore.  He’s a Raven.

Yeah, I know. Just saying how people just keep coming back.
Reply/Quote
Isn’t Margus a DE? Are we putting him at DT? Did other teams use him at DT?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Carrying Seibert tells me the coaches are not sold on Randy B.  I don't understand why they would give up on Brown unless his attitude is off and he is not showing "team" oriented approach.  

Zack keeps saying we are building a culture here. I think buying into that means more then how well you do or do not play. It is thought to build a winning culture and to win road games in the NFL.
Reply/Quote