Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals can set their own attendance policy....
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-will-allow-each-team-to-dictate-their-own-attendance-capacity-per-report/

Quote:The NFL reportedly will not have an overarching capacity limit or policy for the 2020 season and will allow each team to individually dictate fan attendance. With the season approaching and the coronavirus still a threat, many have been wondering whether stands will be full, partially full or empty whenever the season begins.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 12:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-will-allow-each-team-to-dictate-their-own-attendance-capacity-per-report/

Cool, can still have the stadiums about 1/3 full and do the social distancing stuff...
Reply/Quote
There will also be state/county/city regulations to follow. So, it won’t be the team just doing whatever it wants.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 12:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, can still have the stadiums about 1/3 full and do the social distancing stuff...

I just wonder how they are going to deal with season ticket holders who want the seats they chose and paid for.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just wonder how they are going to deal with season ticket holders who want the seats they chose and paid for.

Great question...
Reply/Quote
Fill every seat it is just a hoax.
Reply/Quote
Sweet! Now if the stadium is only half full they can say it’s because of COVID and not Mike Brown lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 01:12 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Fill every seat it is just a hoax.

After seeing my best friend and his wife get COVID and go through it for 4 weeks (and also having a sister and brother in law who are nurses and deal with COVID patients), it's most certainly not a hoax.
GTFO with that BS.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just wonder how they are going to deal with season ticket holders who want the seats they chose and paid for.

I would be shocked that they don;t give a season ticket holder like myself choice to either a refund or accept what guidelines they put in place for seats and everything else.. I don;t see it much difference than when the NFL or Teams makes mandated changes such as guidelines to come into game, what you can bring, going to digital tickets, changing a start time to a game the week of...on and on.... as a Season Ticket holder either we live with those changes or we give up on being a season ticket holder...
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 02:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: After seeing my best friend and his wife get COVID and go through it for 4 weeks (and also having a sister and brother in law who are nurses and deal with COVID patients), it's most certainly not a hoax.
GTFO with that BS.

Were they hospitalized? How bad was it? I have no connection to anyone that has had it and I’m left wondering how terrible it was.

I hope (and it sounds like) they are better now thankfully. Scary stuff!
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Were they hospitalized? How bad was it? I have no connection to anyone that has had it and I’m left wondering how terrible it was.

My nephew is in his forties and healthy.  He got it and was in bed with a 104 fever for a full week.  He said it was hell.
Reply/Quote
Not a smart call by the NFL. Unless there is some breakthrough in the next 2 months, stands should be empty.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My nephew is in his forties and healthy.  He got it and was in bed with a 104 fever for a full week.  He said it was hell.

That sounds brutal, glad to hear he got through it.
Reply/Quote

Noghing like a good old fashion rock, paper,scissor fight for seat priviledges. Or coin flipping.
Reply/Quote
This takes the heat off the NFL and puts in on the individual teams to make the impossible decision that will not be judged correctly regardless what they do. Prolly should go ahead and sardine people in there and make some money cause they will be villians no matter what.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Were they hospitalized? How bad was it? I have no connection to anyone that has had it and I’m left wondering how terrible it was.

I hope (and it sounds like) they are better now thankfully. Scary stuff!

It seems to hit everyone differently.  I have an acquaintance in New York who was hospitalized with it.  My dad's friend's son had to take a mandatory test for it and found out he had it without ever feeling sick.
Reply/Quote
The NFL needs to get their plans in order and do it right.If once the season starts and the cases among fans and players start really spiking,then there could be major problems ahead that they’ll have to deal with.Hoping everything goes smooth.It looks like things could get really complicated concerning ticket sales,with these new restrictions.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 01:12 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Fill every seat it is just a hoax.

Please stop bringing politics into this.  It's not the first time you've done it.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 06:15 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The NFL needs to get their plans in order and do it right.If once the season starts and the cases among fans and players start really spiking,then there could be major problems ahead that they’ll have to deal with.Hoping everything goes smooth.It looks like things could get really complicated concerning ticket sales,with these new restrictions.

I'm surprised that an organisation as big as the NFL would be so cavalier about the situation and not have an organisation wide policy on this. In Australia, where we have this much better under control (103 deaths) our sporting organisation have actually implemented tight biosecurity measures and actually led the country in that regard.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 04:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not a smart call by the NFL. Unless there is some breakthrough in the next 2 months, stands should be empty.

I wanna be wrong, but they won't make it outta training camp if they get that far. MLB will be an interesting barometer.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote