Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim DT Christian Ringo
(09-06-2017, 09:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Line ? We don't need no stinking line

They did pick up a OL from the Cardinals Cole Toner to the PS. Former 5th RD pick in 2016. I liked this kid in the draft that year.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 07:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They ended up cutting both their 5th round picks, and then claiming another team's 6th round pick.

Bizarre.

Yup
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did not know Ringo Starr played in Tombstone.

Like that movie even more now.

But really would have rather went OL, but will take a trench player.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Line ? We don't need no stinking line

[Image: kklsnphFSlGymfLd1rKA_Little-Girl-Magic%20Trick.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: kklsnphFSlGymfLd1rKA_Little-Girl-Magic%20Trick.gif]

Good one Harley !

One of the better laughs I've had in awhile
Reply/Quote
Better than an empty roster spot
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 06:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol, Your a daisy if you do.

Poor soul...he was just too high strung.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I have packer fans in my family that are highly disappointed he was cut and we nabbed him. It looks like he showed some potential this pre season. Not sure why he was cut.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 10:24 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I have packer fans in my family that are highly disappointed he was cut and we nabbed him. It looks like he showed some potential this pre season. Not sure why he was cut.

Yea im liking what i have read on him. 

Undersized DT. Seems like more of a fit in a 4-3 than their 3-4
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 06:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ringo is a star.

Yeah, He played with the Beatles!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:04 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Isn't that a good thing though? I dont mind mistakes with draft picks but don't let them linger around and stay longer than they need to. This shows growth in their scouting.

Not as good as drafting well in the first place. I'm not sure missing so badly on two 5th rounders that they don't make the roster as rookies is a "growth in their scouting".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 10:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Poor soul...he was just too high strung.

I'm gonna have to watch that again now. Val Kilmer was awesome playing Doc.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 07:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They ended up cutting both their 5th round picks, and then claiming another team's 6th round pick.

Bizarre.
in the end.. draft picks are just that picks.. meanings very little once the rubber hits the road... you hope you draft well but probably most NFL teams don;t expect a 1/3 or more percent of picks to work out.. that is why you have 8 or more picks a year.. just a vicious cycle
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 11:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not as good as drafting well in the first place. I'm not sure missing so badly on two 5th rounders that they don't make the roster as rookies is a "growth in their scouting".

Growth as in they can move on from a mistake.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 11:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: in the end.. draft picks are just that picks.. meanings very little once the rubber hits the road... you hope you draft well but probably most NFL teams don;t expect a 1/3 or more percent of picks to work out.. that is why you have 8 or more picks a year.. just a vicious cycle

Agree with this 

and in no way were 11 players drafted making the squad. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 01:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with this 

and in no way were 11 players drafted making the squad. 

Then they either need to start trading up more frequently, or actually participate in free agency with the intent to improve.

They ignored improving in FA in order to get those 11 picks. If they aren't going to keep 11 picks, then they need to stop hurting the team in order to hoard picks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 07:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Me too. Not sure why they don't think this OL is a concern?

A stubborn will to prove everyone wrong. They'll probably let this oline burn our season to the ground before giving in and adding some help.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If you congo in Cincinnati, don't wear a gorilla suit! 

That's right, or someone may just Harambe your ass. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 01:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Then they either need to start trading up more frequently, or actually participate in free agency with the intent to improve.

They ignored improving in FA in order to get those 11 picks. If they aren't going to keep 11 picks, then they need to stop hurting the team in order to hoard picks.

Draft picks after round 4 in my opinion are a huge crap shoot. the % who end up as starters is extremely low. So I like the idea of 11 picks versus 7 picks. It allows us to see more guys in camp and then make a decision. If 5 of 7 guys make a team, the draft % success is 71.4%. If 8 guys make the team out of 11, the draft success is a little higher at 73% and you get 8 players versus 5 in this scenario.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
What I don't get about this move is defensive line was our deepest position. We cut some guys that were in camp working hard.

Then we sign a guy from another teams practice squad and put him on the roster.

It must signal that the coaches didn't like the guys we waived enough to bring one in.
Reply/Quote