• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim LB Austin Calitro
They are bound and determined to make over that LB room

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Lou has gone LB crazy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Competition is certainly abound at the LB position.
Reply/Quote
 He had 45 tackles for the Hawks in 2018, 40 for the Jags last year. Has 9 career starts.

Apparently, a solid special teams guy, but has graded out very poorly on defense.
Reply/Quote
Waived by Jags. LB/ST guy.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Another team captain.

He was a team captain when he was at Villanova.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
if i was them i would bring in 20-30 linebackers and run them thru the ringer to get the best guys on the field. So excited they are focusing on the group

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 06:52 PM)Okeana Wrote: if i was them i would bring in 20-30 linebackers and run them thru the ringer to get the best guys on the field. So excited they are focusing on the group

Long overdue. With the talent we have on the DL and in the secondary we just could not let one position group drag down the entire defense any longer.

Reply/Quote
Scouting report from the 2017 draft:

"Possesses a compact frame and plays with a good motor and above average instincts that allow him to make up for some of his speed and athletic deficiencies. He is a likely inside linebacker, but he might offer some value as a 4-3 SAM linebacker. Calitro is a solid football player who finds his way to the football and his intelligence, work ethic and instincts give him a shot of becoming a quality NFL backup."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/austin-calitro?id=2558092

Another backup. But...I think having Bynes and this guy in the LB room to challenge the (potentially more talented) rookies is very smart.
Reply/Quote
That guy is underwhelming at best..
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 07:26 PM)offside Wrote: Scouting report from the 2017 draft:

"Possesses a compact frame and plays with a good motor and above average instincts that allow him to make up for some of his speed and athletic deficiencies. He is a likely inside linebacker, but he might offer some value as a 4-3 SAM linebacker. Calitro is a solid football player who finds his way to the football and his intelligence, work ethic and instincts give him a shot of becoming a quality NFL backup."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/austin-calitro?id=2558092

Another backup.  But...I think having Bynes and this guy in the LB room to challenge the (potentially more talented) rookies is very smart.

Cool, I like the pick up. Love the way they are focusing on Linebacker as Nicomo said so this position no longer brings down the
rest of the Defense that is pretty stacked. Plus adding another vet is good for the younger guys so they can learn from Bynes and
now Calitro as well.
Reply/Quote
Being bad sucks but for the next year does have certain advantages. I think we will see the team take full advantage of being first in line for waivers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The only position left to (possibly) address is OL now honestly.

If the Bengals don't have the development they are expecting (hoping) for at LT, LG, RG, and/or RT, I would highly expect them to address the position(s) in next year's draft (which looks to have a really good crop of OL talent).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 02:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The only position left to (possibly) address is OL now honestly.

If the Bengals don't have the development they are expecting (hoping) for at LT, LG, RG, and/or RT, I would highly expect them to address the position(s) in next year's draft (which looks to have a really good crop of OL talent).

backup QB should also be high on wavier wire
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 09:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: That guy is underwhelming at best..

I dunno. He could be whelming. Not over or under...
j/k
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 06:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: backup QB should also be high on wavier wire

Don’t be surprised if Taylor rolls with his own guy in Finley. I know half this board would meltdown, but I think it’s a realistic possibility.

I don’t personally want Finley back, as I think we can do better, but Taylor wasted a 4th round pick on him, and even moved up to get him, so I’d be surprised to see him cut after only one season.

Reply/Quote
Like this pick up.......we need all the warm bodies we can get on the defensive side.....I also wouldn't be hurt to see Jordan Evans let go and the ever practice squad presence of Hardy Nickerson gone for good....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Im not saying he's a game changer but for such a shitty player like some of you are saying why did like 6 teams put in waiver claims for him?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 07:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Don’t be surprised if Taylor rolls with his own guy in Finley. I know half this board would meltdown, but I think it’s a realistic possibility.

I don’t personally want Finley back, as I think we can do better, but Taylor wasted a 4th round pick on him, and even moved up to get him, so I’d be surprised to see him cut after only one season.

Will tell me a lot if Taylor admits his mistake and cuts Finley. I have respect for this rather than stubbornness.

Hope he tells me a lot lol

Cuz I agree, Finley just doesn't have it with that noodle arm.

(04-29-2020, 09:29 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im not saying he's a game changer but for such a shitty player like some of you are saying why did like 6 teams put in waiver claims for him?

Great question...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 07:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Don’t be surprised if Taylor rolls with his own guy in Finley. I know half this board would meltdown, but I think it’s a realistic possibility.

Ryanfinley is so, so bad. Bring back Driskel
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote