Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals claim "trash can" Hargreaves
(11-04-2021, 06:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: On his third straight season allowing a QB Rating >109.0, which is almost impressive. 115.7 so far this year. At least 10% missed tackle rate each year, too.

Bengals CBs missed tackle % this season:

Apple:  25%
Awuzie: 11.1%
Davis: 0% (Only 31 snaps)
Flowers: 5.6% (Only 14 snaps as a Bengal)
Hilton: 12.1%
Phillips: 12.5%

Now Hargreaves: 10%.  So as far as missed tackle % he is a bit better than the rest of CB starters.

Nothing wrong with kicking the tires to see if change of venue and coaching might work out.  If not no big deal.  Also Apple's pass rating is 86.0 so not a huge difference when also considering Apple's missed tackle percentage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 06:38 PM)Tony Wrote: People put t much stock in these Bullshit numbers... Different situation all the way around. Didn't we learn anything from guys like Pacman and Reggie Nelson?

Reggie Nelson the Steeler Killer?

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 06:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Reggie Nelson the Steeler Killer?

Just so happens Reggie and Hargreaves also played college ball at the same place. Florida. Seems to me like this is destiny. I'm not mad at taking a flier on a 26 year old former first rounder at a premier position.
Reply/Quote
It's better than a sharp stick in the eye.....Jerry

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 07:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just so happens Reggie and Hargreaves also played college ball at the same place. Florida. Seems to me like this destiny. I'm not mad a taking a flier on a 26 year old former first rounder at a premier position.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 06:35 PM)pally Wrote: or is it a sign that Waynes won't be back after the bye

From what I read he is not expected back until late in the season. So, he won’t be back after the break. Potentially the last few games of the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 05:33 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Looks like he is playing Sunday

[Image: trash-can-on-field_crop.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 08:54 PM)BengalsJA Wrote: From what I read he is not expected back until late in the season. So, he won’t be back after the break. Potentially the last few games of the year.

He is already out for the season. Apparently, he fell down a flight of stairs recently and was very very hurt....well not physically but emotionally..
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 08:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: He is already out for the season. Apparently, he fell down a flight of stairs recently and was very very hurt....well not physically but emotionally..

Great.   Now that you posted this he's hurt even more.  Thanks.

[Image: 12758_original.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 08:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: Looks like he is playing Sunday

[Image: trash-can-on-field_crop.gif]

Ol' Garbage is now recycled.  Nice!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 07:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's better than a sharp stick in the eye.....Jerry

Just hope he doesn't become the proverbial sharp stick in the eye of the tiger..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 06:35 PM)pally Wrote: or is it a sign that Waynes won't be back after the bye

Who?

Mellow
Reply/Quote
Waynes has a torn labia and will miss the next 20 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Meh, I have no expectations for him. If he contributes, then that's great, but I imagine he'll only get a handful of snaps a game, if he's active.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 06:38 PM)Tony Wrote: People put t much stock in these Bullshit numbers... Different situation all the way around. Didn't we learn anything from guys like Pacman and Reggie Nelson?

A CB not letting QBs do well, and not missing tackles are bullshit numbers? Talk about a hot take.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is a good move. Maybe he wasn't great where he was, but coming into Lou's system he may make a giant leap like Awuzie did. Chido wasn't "bad" at Dallas, but he was nowhere near the player he has been here. Why not take a chance on this guy?
Reply/Quote

Likely in jail after being arrested for stealing.
Reply/Quote
I always get a kick out of looking at other teams' forums when we release a trash player and their team picks them up. They're always the same and look almost exactly like this thread.

1. LOL @ trashcan
2. "Good pickup because he's a first rounder" "Our coaches can fix him because..." "Well he played for "x team" so of course he struggled"- You can go to Jaguars, Seahawks, and Ravens forums and see the exact same comments about Ogbuehi and he's one of the worst players I've ever seen.
3. This is an absolutely zero risk move by the Bengals. He pans out and he's an upgrade, or he earns his trash can nickname and nothing changes.
Reply/Quote
Overall, this is a fairly inconsequential transaction. It's impressive we're on page 2!
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 05:33 PM)Trademark Wrote:

we lose a special teamer?
Reply/Quote