Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Ready for Free Agency?!?!?!
Free agency kicks off today and, like so many other NFL fans, I'm excited.  Here's some pics of what I think we can expect in this fun filled first week of FA:

[Image: gallery_21914_1230_16641.jpg]

[Image: Tire-Kicking.jpg]

[Image: APP-thickpaperbacklaying-light-350.jpg]

[Image: milliondollarmope.jpg]

[Image: yawn.jpg]

[Image: hF2qQq6.gif]

[Image: torches.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wow, how original.

Glad you started this thread man. We really needed it. Nothing else around here like it.

Keep up the good work.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Hey Wes, how does it feel to be so wrong?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hey Wes, how does it feel to be so wrong?

Wrong because they signed 3 people out of their 8 noteworthy FAs and didn't even sniff anyone from the outside who could help, spending less than half of the available cap space before closing up shop?

That wrong?  Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 01:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wrong because they signed 3 people out of their 8 noteworthy FAs and didn't even sniff anyone from the outside who could help, spending less than half of the available cap space before closing up shop?

That wrong?  Ninja

Signing 2 of the top free agents on the market is MUCH MORE than what Wes clearly predicted.

So, yeah, he was wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Signing 2 of the top free agents on the market is MUCH MORE than what Wes clearly predicted.

So, yeah, he was wrong.

I hardly think 37.5% notable retention and 0% acquisition is really something to be trying to rub into someone's nose though. Also, how were they 2 of the top free agents on the market?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25509632/2016-nfl-free-agent-tracker-see-where-pete-priscos-top-50-names-go
Kept: Iloka (23rd), A Jones (32nd)
Lost: Smith (15th), M Jones (16th), Nelson (18th)

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/2/23/11095124/2016-nfl-free-agent-rankings-top-100-von-miller-josh-norman-alshon-jeffery
Kept: A Jones (31st), Iloka (47th)
Lost: M Jones (9th), Hall (34th), Nelson (35th), Sanu (52nd), Smith (58th)

Combined with zero outside additions.

Once again, simply not really a result you can rub in someone's face about how stupid they should feel for being wrong. I'm glad they got Adam Jones re-signed, I thought he was important, but lets not pretend that the Bengals didn't get worse than they were last year from this FA so far. Likely more so than a single draft of rookies can make up for.

Just like I am pretty sure you're not going to find any Denver fans talking about how great their FA period was either just because they signed 2 people and watched 4 more leave.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hardly think 37.5% notable retention and 0% acquisition is really something to be trying to rub into someone's nose though. Also, how were they 2 of the top free agents on the market?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25509632/2016-nfl-free-agent-tracker-see-where-pete-priscos-top-50-names-go
Kept: Iloka (23rd), A Jones (32nd)
Lost: Smith (15th), M Jones (16th), Nelson (18th)

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/2/23/11095124/2016-nfl-free-agent-rankings-top-100-von-miller-josh-norman-alshon-jeffery
Kept: A Jones (31st), Iloka (47th)
Lost: M Jones (9th), Hall (34th), Nelson (35th), Sanu (52nd), Smith (58th)

Combined with zero outside additions.

Once again, simply not really a result you can rub in someone's face about how stupid they should feel for being wrong. I'm glad they got Adam Jones re-signed, I thought he was important, but lets not pretend that the Bengals didn't get worse than they were last year from this FA so far. Likely more so than a single draft of rookies can make up for.

Just like I am pretty sure you're not going to find any Denver fans talking about how great their FA period was either just because they signed 2 people and watched 4 more leave.

Poor Leonard.

Cry Cry Cry Cry   

Not man enough to admit when he was wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Poor Leonard.

Cry Cry Cry Cry   

Not man enough to admit when he was wrong.

Classic Fred. Can't hold a conversation with logic and facts, so why bother? Just say someone is crying/whining and then insult them.

At least you're always consistent with how deep your head is up your ass. Hilarious Hilarious

[Image: Head-up-your-ass.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Classic Fred. Can't hold a conversation with logic and facts, so why bother? Just say someone is crying/whining and then insult them.

At least you're always consistent with how deep your head is up your ass. Hilarious Hilarious

[Image: Head-up-your-ass.jpg]

Facts.....Wes predicted we do NOTHING the first week.

Fact....We sign two major free agents the first day.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Facts.....Wes predicted we do NOTHING the first week.

Fact....We sign two major free agents the first day.

Fact... he also said they'd be penny pinchers. (Yup, they saved $22m or so for injuries and rookies.)
Fact... he said they'd kick some tires. (Who the hell is Brynden Trawick? He's the only person they've brought in from the outside for any kind of look at all.)
Fact... Mike Brown is still sitting there with all the money. (See cap space, still at least $21m.)
Fact... he said there'd be fans with pitchforks. (There has been.)
Fact... he said it'd be a yawner. (Their biggest news since Adam has been they are close-ish on a deal with a guy who had 4 solo taclkes last year.)
Fact... he said we'd all be sitting around jerking off in boredom. (Do you not see the 7,000 threads about random WR FAs? Pretty much one for every one available.) .... or maybe he was just predicting you to be a jerkoff. Either way, fact.

Reply/Quote