Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com Saying Bengals To Dump Payroll After Draft.
According to Bengals.com in a story headline about Bengals taking a break after busy 6 days. It mentions the linebacker was too good to pass up and Bengals will deal with the 10 Million after the draft. Hill just went to Patriots. They look for Jones and Bodine to other teams also. McCarron gone. Even with these players leaving, the signing of Eifert, Huber and getting a Left Tackle and a Linebacker has Bengals needing to dump payroll per Bengals.com. They say after the draft some veterans will be gone. They claim Bengals are looking to replace Bodine in the draft. It will be interesting to see who Bengals may trade or cut to dump payroll. I don't know the contracts and all the legal parts but I would guess player contracts that would still not be eating cap space if gone. Now, which Bengal contracts fall in that bucket, I have no idea, very lawyer type stuff. Payroll cuts and veterans cut or traded is coming after the draft per Bengals.com saying Bengals need to free up cap space now. Sounds right and I can see signing Eifert, the big name left tackle and the big name linebacker in a few days eating cap space. Seems like Bengals know what they are doing. They probably already have a list of veterans they are getting rid of to dump payroll. Bengals front office says they are happy the way it is going. so they must know who they are dumping late April or early May to free up cap money. Bringing in a tackle and a linebacker, I'm wondering if there is a big money tackle or a big money linebacker on this team with contracts that if cut or traded they free up cap space as opposed to still eating cap space. Cuts are coming. People that know these contracts might be able to see who is on the bubble. Bengals did say they were going to shake things up and make moves after back to back losing seasons.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Never thought I'd be saying this a few months ago but I'm happy with their moves so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thats just Hobspins take. With Hill gone and possibly Bodine in addition to Pacmans reduction, we will be fine. I think we have room to do more.

Reply/Quote
I wonder what players are on the list.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 02:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thats just Hobspins take. With Hill gone and possibly Bodine in addition to Pacmans reduction, we will be fine. I think we have room to do more.
Right, it's just Bengals.com take on it.  Saying that even if Bodine and Jones go to other teams as Hill and McCarron, they see some veteran cuts or trades coming to cut payroll.  After the draft.  Now I suppose after the draft because there is a period there where cuts don't count against the cap as bad, freeing up payroll. Since we brought in a lineman and a linebacker, I'm wondering how the contracts for Og or Fish are legally. Are either of them able to be cut and free up money.  I've read rumors Bengals might trade Burfict. I know it's just rumors.  It does sound like somebody is going after the draft, maybe nobody I just mentioned. More players brought in and more Bengals leaving with all these new coaches would not surprise me, and I include the draft in this. I'm sure Bengals lawyers know who's contracts they can dump, I sure don't. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:03 PM)kevin Wrote: Right, it's just Bengals.com take on it.  Saying that even if Bodine and Jones go to other teams as Hill and McCarron, they see some veteran cuts or trades coming to cut payroll.  After the draft.  Now I suppose after the draft because there is a period there where cuts don't count against the cap as bad, freeing up payroll. Since we brought in a lineman and a linebacker, I'm wondering how the contracts for Og or Fish are legally. Are either of them able to be cut and free up money.  I've read rumors Bengals might trade Burfict. I know it's just rumors.  It does sound like somebody is going after the draft, maybe nobody I just mentioned. More players brought in and more Bengals leaving with all these new coaches would not surprise me, and I include the draft in this. I'm sure Bengals lawyers know who's contracts they can dump, I sure don't. 

Kevin! Your killing me!

Reply/Quote
Safety is really the only place meaningful cuts can occur that also dovetail with what the team has been doing.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Safety is really the only place meaningful cuts can occur that also dovetail with what the team has been doing.

I'd say that MJ and Vinny Rey are likely good candidates to dump some salary, from the defense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yep....Michael Johnson is probably on the chopping block.
Reply/Quote
We can draft Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph then cut AJ and Andy force Lamar to play WR
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 02:38 PM)kevin Wrote: According to Bengals.com in a story headline about Bengals taking a break after busy 6 days.  It mentions the linebacker was too good to pass up and Bengals will deal with the 10 Million after the draft.  Hill just went to Patriots. They look for Jones and Bodine to other teams also. McCarron gone. Even with these players leaving, the signing of Eifert, Huber and getting a Left Tackle and a Linebacker has Bengals needing to dump payroll per Bengals.com.  They say after the draft some veterans will be gone.  They claim Bengals are looking to replace Bodine in the draft. It will be interesting to see who Bengals may trade or cut to dump payroll.  I don't know the contracts and all the legal parts but I would guess player contracts that would still not be eating cap space if gone.  Now, which Bengal contracts fall in that bucket, I have no idea, very lawyer type stuff.  Payroll cuts and veterans cut or traded is coming after the draft per Bengals.com saying Bengals need to free up cap space now.  Sounds right and I can see signing Eifert, the big name left tackle and the big name linebacker in a few days eating cap space.  Seems like Bengals know what they are doing. They probably already have a list of veterans they are getting rid of to dump payroll.  Bengals front office says they are happy the way it is going. so they must know who they are dumping late April or early May to free up cap money. Bringing in a tackle and a linebacker, I'm wondering if there is a big money tackle or a big money linebacker on this team with contracts that if cut or traded they free up cap space as opposed to still eating cap space.  Cuts are coming. People that know these contracts might be able to see who is on the bubble. Bengals did say they were going to shake things up and make moves after back to back losing seasons.

Hopefully it's Kirkpatrick.... 

As much as I don't want to get rid of him -- depth at cb is always a good thing -- he is not worth 10 million and we can find another 3rd cb in the draft..

Aqib talib is getting that kind of dough and we should all be able to agree dre is no talib.. if we have the space then whatever but if we need players to cut  Dre should top the list... just under Cedric who should be gone already.

The sooner we get out of his contract the better as far as I am concerned. We will have to re sign wj3 at some point.

If dre restructured his contract then that would be better for us but if not just cut him. Let the Steelers pick him up ... at least we would get some laughs when Ross trucks him over...  Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd say that MJ and Vinny Rey are likely good candidates to dump some salary, from the defense.

They haven’t shown a desire to pick up DL and can’t imagine dropping vinny.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd say that MJ and Vinny Rey are likely good candidates to dump some salary, from the defense.

I like mj... but he is just not what he used to be and I could totally see him gone. Give the younger guys we drafted more room to develope.
Reply/Quote
Who we get in the draft and who drops to us in the draft might change who we let go, keep or re-sign after the draft.

We need to come out of the draft with a C,S and maybe right tackle.

We need to address the defensive turnovers new aggressive play calling could help and coaching. But what about getting a ball hawking S.

If we do pick up a S how much could we save if any by cutting or trading one of our S.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Safety is really the only place meaningful cuts can occur that also dovetail with what the team has been doing.

I've also seen LaFell is a possibility to be cut
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Hewitt and Ogbuehi should be worried.

Vrey and MJ on D.

We are slim at DE though. And so is the draft. So i doubt MJ is going anywhere. And Vrey is the obvious choice to start at will again during the suspension.

Cutting hewitt and ogbuehi would save us a little. But not much
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I've also seen LaFell is a possibility to be cut

LaFell got paid a 1m roster bonus yesterday - he's not going any where
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think Hewitt and Ogbuehi should be worried.

Vrey and MJ on D.

We are slim at DE though. And so is the draft. So i doubt MJ is going anywhere. And Vrey is the obvious choice to start at will again during the suspension.

Cutting hewitt and ogbuehi would save us a little. But not much

Don't we have 5 de's???
Reply/Quote
MJ, LaFell and Iloka is my guess. This is depending on how the draft goes, as the article states.
Reply/Quote
MJ(almost 5 mil), Iloka(6 mil), Williams(3.6), Hewitt(almost 2 mil) all are costly and expendable.

Kirkpatrick is too much dead money even though most would ship him out in a heartbeat.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote