Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com article about OL at the combine
(03-04-2018, 09:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That would make more since. At least Lynn Swan had the catch in SB X. What has MMA done for Ced but holding calls and laying on his back? Lol...

There are those times when he's standing 15 yards away (w/hands on his hips), looking back at a 'flattened-on-the-turf' Dalton.  Love it when he does that. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Do not see a problem with what he said. Would not want a coach to say differently comin in the door.

Plus if we think Alexander was so bad then they may be repairable.

Plus sounded like he may have control of the 1st selection which would make me happy.

Also said he hoped Bodine's FA went well leaving the door open that we may not match somebodies offer.

Agree with Nate about no way do I see Ced being able to play anything other than tackle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Ced n Bodine are straight garbage. no sense to wait another season to watch them fail. like someone famous said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 10:12 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: There are those times when he's standing 15 yards away (w/hands on his hips), looking back at a 'flattened-on-the-turf' Dalton.  Love it when he does that. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
I wish Pollack was as good of an evaluator of oline talent as most in this forum think they are
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wish Pollack was as good of an evaluator of oline talent as most in this forum think they are

We're not.  That's why we hang out in forums like this one.  So we can run our mouths about the people who actually do the job, and vent our frustrations with their failings.

For the record.  Anyone having a problem with fans expressing their displeasure with the current state of the team is free to go join any other forum out there.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We're not.  That's why we hang out in forums like this one.  So we can run our mouths about the people who actually do the job, and vent our frustrations with their failings.

For the record.  Anyone having a problem with fans expressing their displeasure with the current state of the team is free to go join any other forum out there.

Thanks for the permission to go elsewhere. I will take it under consideration 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
it's doesn't take a professional, coach or genius to know if your a Center and the guy in front of you throws you out of the way n sacks the quarterback or tackles the running back 30 times a game, you probably suck at your job...but what do i know, I only watch tv
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the permission to go elsewhere. I will take it under consideration 

?
Reply/Quote
We don't have to be some type of super evaluator to know that seeing defenders coming in unblocked between Center/Guard and over LT, running plays consistently blown up and so on is a sure sign that there are issues with the players as well as the coaching.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We're not.  That's why we hang out in forums like this one.  So we can run our mouths about the people who actually do the job, and vent our frustrations with their failings.

How dare we speculate about the personnel and process after the atrocity that has been the Oline the past two years!?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
What I like is that Pollack is free jettison Ogbuehi when his contract is up. We all know Mike Brown isn't going to cut a 1st round pick before his rookie deal has expired.

If Ogbuehi doesn't show up, like his first 3 years, he won't get much playing time.

Reply/Quote
If we're "giving Pollack a chance", lets not attribute Piano Man's past sins. If we can get past Pollack doing the political thing of looking for the good in a prospect he may be stuck with as the best option (shutter), but don't just assume that he's as stubborn as Alexander. Let's not get so worried about the debate of Pollack's ability to get something out of a "garbage" player, as much as his ability to bench said player in favor for another.
Reply/Quote
last year when Willie Anderson said Ogbuehi could be a good NFL OT everyone here was crying about Willie not getting a chance to work with him.

Now that Pollack says something similar fans are "enormously discouraged".  I guess the whiners are just frustrated that they can't cry about Pollack not getting a chance to work with Cedric.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For the record.  Anyone having a problem with fans expressing their displeasure with the current state of the team is free to go join any other forum out there.

Shouldn't the ones constantly squealing and whining about the Bengals be the ones that should leave?  Seems like they would be the ones more happy with another team.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Shouldn't the ones constantly squealing and whining about the Bengals be the ones that should leave?  Seems like they would be the ones more happy with another team.

Nope

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The forum is about the Bengals.

Some choose to use it for personal attacks at times.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wish Pollack was as good of an evaluator of oline talent as most in this forum think they are

No doubt.....it's kinda like those people that said Johnny Manziel would tear up the league, despite all the red flags. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 12:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: No doubt.....it's kinda like those people that said Johnny Manziel would tear up the league, despite all the red flags. Mellow

Or the ones who claimed for year that Peko was garbage.  Or that Kirkpatrick was the 112th ranked CB in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Shouldn't the ones constantly squealing and whining about the Bengals be the ones that should leave?  Seems like they would be the ones more happy with another team.

No. It's called BPTSD! It's more therapy than whining.

Reply/Quote