Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com article about OL at the combine
(03-05-2018, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or the ones who claimed for year that Peko was garbage.  Or that Kirkpatrick was the 112th ranked CB in the league.

You were on the Johnny Fartball Train as well, eh? Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: last year when Willie Anderson said Ogbuehi could be a good NFL OT everyone here was crying about Willie not getting a chance to work with him.

Now that Pollack says something similar he is called a moron.  I guess the whiners are just frustrated that they can't cry about Pollack not getting a chance to work with Cedric.

I have read this whole post so far and haven't read anything about anyone calling Pollack a moron??? 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 12:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: You were on the Johnny Fartball Train as well, eh? Smirk

No.  I was never a fan of Johnny Manziel.  I have seen a lot of college players have maturity problems, but Manziel was the only one I can remember whose own parents said he was out of control.  When I read that story I knew he was hopeless.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 12:34 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have read this whole post so far and haven't read anything about anyone calling Pollack a moron??? 

I have edited the post.

Now you are free to comment on the substance instead of quibbling over semantics.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I was never a fan of Johnny Manziel.  I have seen a lot of college players have maturity problems, but Manziel was the only one I can remember whose own parents said he was out of control.  When I read that story I knew he was hopeless.

I hear ya.....that was my assessment as well.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wish Pollack was as good of an evaluator of oline talent as most in this forum think they are

If fans didn't have opinions, differing views and their own personal assessments...this board wouldn't exist. If everyone simply agreed with everything the front office, coaches and players do or say...there would be no need for fan forums in general.

(03-05-2018, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Shouldn't the ones constantly squealing and whining about the Bengals be the ones that should leave?  Seems like they would be the ones more happy with another team.

Everyone on this board is entitled to their own opinions and expressions...whether they're positive, negative or somewhere in between. There is no right way or wrong way to be a fan. We're all just fans...period. We all have different outlooks and experiences as fans...and we often see things very differently. Some are extremely positive and always look for a silver lining, while others tend to be more jaded and/or cynical. Some fans are diehards, some are casual. That's just the way it is. It's nothing unique to this fan base or to this message board. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have edited the post.

Now you are free to comment on the substance instead of quibbling over semantics.

Of course people are gonna be a little discouraged when they see three of the worst players at their respective positions being spoken of in any regard other than "you suck". LOL 

Pollack is in his 1st year.  He's not gonna torch the damn place right out of the gate.  He may have to work with these bums this season.  Hopefully he can address their flaws and correct them, or at least change the blocking scheme to mask their deficiencies.  Maybe he makes some personnel changes.....we'll just have to wait and see.

Sure, I would have LOVED it if he had said "Ced needs to get his head out of his ass, and quit pussyfooting around out there.  Bodine needs to realize he's a few years removed from the ACC, and this is the NFL......which stands for 'Not For Long' if he keeps getting his ass handed to him week in and week out."......but that's not very realistic. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the permission to go elsewhere. I will take it under consideration 

If I were you I'd demand it in writing and signed in blood..
But don't take my word for it ..  Wait till you post elsewhere and they're all screaming for your eminent return .  ThumbsUp

It's still just football and entertainment. It's not as if there's some horrific penalty for being wrong once in awhile . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 01:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If fans didn't have opinions, differing views and their own personal assessments...this board wouldn't exist. If everyone simply agreed with everything the front office, coaches and players do or say...there would be no need for fan forums in general.

Everyone on this board is entitled to their own opinions and expressions...whether they're positive, negative or somewhere in between. There is no right way or wrong way to be a fan. We're all just fans...period. We all have different outlooks and experiences as fans...and we often see things very differently. Some are extremely positive and always look for a silver lining, while others tend to be more jaded and/or cynical. Some fans are diehards, some are casual. That's just the way it is. It's nothing unique to this fan base or to this message board. 

idk. how would some people gain moral high ground on others but whining about how much better of a fan they are? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 01:42 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: idk. how would some people gain moral high ground on others but whining about how much better of a fan they are? 

Yep, posters whining about other posters whining never gets old. 

Carry on !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, posters whining about other posters whining never gets old. 

Carry on !

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Both members complaining are solid posters but will not surprise me if one of both pulls a Carson Palmer and takes their ball and goes home.

Hope each is bigger than that though.

Shame they do not believe in the American way of everybody having a voice.

Certainly am not bothered by theirs unless it is a personal attack. Could be a 12 year old they are bullying without even knowing instead of a million or billion dollar man.

Think the differing opinions makes this board great.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Both members complaining are solid posters but will not surprise me if one of both pulls a Carson Palmer and takes their ball and goes home.

Hope each is bigger than that though.

Shame they do not believe in the American way of everybody having a voice.

Certainly am not bothered by theirs unless it is a personal attack. Could be a 12 year old they are bullying without even knowing instead of a million dollar man.

Think the differing opinions makes this board great.

It is not like some fans on here do not know bad O-line play from good. It is not hard to see.

Also no one called Pollack a moron as Fred suggested. Understandably some get frustrated with even the mention of Bodine
coming back but the truth is that Pollack needs to keep all of his options open. Never rule out a player. Just hope some other
team signs Bodine to take this out of our options lol

So true about differing opinions, would be no fun if we all agreed on everything.
Reply/Quote
Do you know what I took from that article? Nothing.

The only guy that I really listen to about the Bengals draft is Lap. He always seems to know who the Bengals will take.
Reply/Quote
The jaded side of me wonders if Bodine and Ogbuehi will be forced on Pollack by people who outrank him. Piano Man had been around for 20+ years and had some weight to throw around. Pollack is the noob, so it's possible that he won't get 100% control over the line. He might get some say on new additions in the draft, but he also might get saddled with some guys.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
One thing I've noticed in all my years on the boards: (Some) posters who are big on positivity often complain about negative posts, but you hardly ever see a so-called negative poster complain about a guy being too positive. They'll just debate the positive argument.

The lesson? If you hate the negativity, debate it. Offer a differing viewpoint. Make some positive threads. Trying to ruin every negative thread by lightweight trolling it or complaining about it is far more damaging than negativity. If you brought a differing viewpoint, actual debate or positive threads, it'd do a lot more to help your cause.

No one is stopping you from doing that.

(This is my only post about this, as I won't derail the thread).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 03:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  but you hardly ever see a so-called negative poster complain about a guy being too positive. They'll just debate the positive argument.

Yeah, right, never ever been a thread about how stupid positive fans who attend games and buy merch are to blame for the Bengals not changing.

Never ever saw a comment comparing positive fans to battered wives.

Never saw any threads about how anyone who had a positive thought was "blind" or "brainwashed" or "falling for Mike Browns BS".

Never seen a thread about how stupid anyone would be to renew their season tickets.

And, of course, I have never ever been called a troll just for disagreeing with theb hater crowd and posting actual facts to support my opinion.

But this is exactly the type of comment I would expect from anyone who uses the term "so called" negative poster.  If "negative posters" don't even actually exist how can they ever be guilty of insulting and attacking anyone for being positive?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: last year when Willie Anderson said Ogbuehi could be a good NFL OT everyone here was crying about Willie not getting a chance to work with him.

Now that Pollack says something similar fans are "enormously discouraged".  I guess the whiners are just frustrated that they can't cry about Pollack not getting a chance to work with Cedric.

"Everyone"

Lol....  
Reply/Quote
Have bought 4 season tickets every year since 1991 and have never been offended by anyone's opinion that I should not be buying them. Have been in family since 1968.

Cutting back to two this year per the price just becoming ridiculous. $150 bucks for the Browns, come on.

Seems they lowered all the new people's tickets and decided to gouge the loyal fans.

But to say the Bengals do no wrong is crazy talk. We all have our faults.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 03:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: One thing I've noticed in all my years on the boards: (Some) posters who are big on positivity often complain about negative posts, but you hardly ever see a so-called negative poster complain about a guy being too positive. They'll just debate the positive argument.

The lesson? If you hate the negativity, debate it. Offer a differing viewpoint. Make some positive threads. Trying to ruin every negative thread by lightweight trolling it or complaining about it is far more damaging than negativity. If you brought a differing viewpoint, actual debate or positive threads, it'd do a lot more to help your cause.

No one is stopping you from doing that.

(This is my only post about this, as I won't derail the thread).

(03-06-2018, 10:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right, never ever been a thread about how stupid positive fans who attend games and buy merch are to blame for the Bengals not changing.

Never ever saw a comment comparing positive fans to battered wives.

Never saw any threads about how anyone who had a positive thought was "blind" or "brainwashed" or "falling for Mike Browns BS".

Never seen a thread about how stupid anyone would be to renew their season tickets.

Mellow
Reply/Quote