Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals cut 11 on Monday...
#Bengals have waived Bennett, Dimanche, Gangwish, Grant, Harris, Hocker, Licata, Luc, Peters, Raven and Tindal.

According to CincyJungle from Twitter.

Thoughts?

They need to cut 4 more before Tuesday.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Dimanche was cut a little earlier then expected. But other than that the rest seem about right.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If Ryan Brown wasn't among these cuts, they may be seriously considering keeping him over Hunt.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Actually a little surprised by Luc being cut after Peerman broke his arm. Really thought he'd make it so Hewitt could help out more at TE.

Otherwise, just a lot of camp bodies on that list.

EDIT: Also not surprised they didn't care to give Nugent any real competition. Who doesn't love having a bad kicker on their team year in and out with invincible job security?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Man, Licata watched his chances go up in one play last night.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 04:48 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If Ryan Brown wasn't among these cuts, they may be seriously considering keeping him over Hunt.

Him AND David Dean. 

Here's who I hope we keep:

LDE
Carlos Dunlap
Ryan Brown

NT
Domata Peko
Pat Sims

DT
Geno Atkins
Marcus Hardison
DeShawn Williams

RDE
Michael Johnson
Will Clarke

OTHER
Andrew Billings (IR)
Brandon Thompson (IR)
David Dean (PS)
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is a little amazing Brown survived the first round of cuts.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It's amazing Margus Hunt survived the first round of cuts.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 04:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Actually a little surprised by Luc being cut after Peerman broke his arm. Really thought he'd make it so Hewitt could help out more at TE.

EDIT: Also not surprised they didn't care to give Nugent any real competition. Who doesn't love having a bad kicker on their team year in and out with invincible job security?

I just think it was a little unrealistic to think that hocker was going to be the guy to bump nugent out. For his career he is 10-14 on field goals, which translates to 71%. Nugent on the other hand is an 81% kicker on his career and made field goals last season at an 82% clip. Nugent has struggled this preseason, this is true, but there was never a chance zach hocker made this team as our kicker. I think this is yet another example of be careful what you wish for and the grass isn't always greener.

Reply/Quote
So thompson put on reserve pup.

And peerman, wj3, and billings to IR makes it the 15 needed to get to 75? Were we at 90?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 04:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Actually a little surprised by Luc being cut after Peerman broke his arm. Really thought he'd make it so Hewitt could help out more at TE.

That one stunned me.  Marvin was REALLY excited about him on the Sirius training camp tour, so I thought for sure he would be a final cut targeted for the Practice Squad.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 06:18 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I just think it was a little unrealistic to think that hocker was going to be the guy to bump nugent out. For his career he is 10-14 on field goals, which translates to 71%. Nugent on the other hand is an 81% kicker on his career and made field goals last season at an 82% clip. Nugent has struggled this preseason, this is true, but there was never a chance zach hocker made this team as our kicker. I think this is yet another example of be careful what you wish for and the grass isn't always greener.

It's not about me wanting Hocker, it's about me not wanting Nugent and the Bengals refusing to actually give him any real competition for the job.

You can say grass isn't always greener, but the last three years Nugent finished 23rd, 27th, and 23rd in FG%. The grass can't get significantly browner.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's amazing Margus Hunt survived the first round of cuts.

Isn't Hunt still under contract?
Reply/Quote
No big surprises. Sad Hunt wasn't there.
Reply/Quote
If Hunt isn't cut he'll really have to show up big time in game 4. I don't know that Marvin wants to have another screamfest on national TV with him..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I really don't think they're going to cut Hunt. I'm not saying whether they should or not, but I don't think they *will*.

Reply/Quote
little surprised by dimanche.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: If Hunt isn't cut he'll really have to show up big time in game 4. I don't know that Marvin wants to have another screamfest on national TV with him..

What?

Where?
Reply/Quote
I like Dimanche. Too bad
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 08:10 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I really don't think they're going to cut Hunt. I'm not saying whether they should or not, but I don't think they *will*.

Hunt looks like the new Tate and will probably "hang in there like a hair in a biscuit" for eternity. 

If nothing else, really thought he would have blocked a kick or two by now. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote