Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals cuts who land on another team's 53 man roster
I see either Huber or Chrisman going to Buffalo. I have a hunch it is Huber as Chrisman is cheaper and younger.

Who do you think gets cuts and picked up by another team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Pryor, can see him heading to GB if released.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think they stay with Huber simply due to his handling of the ball on FG snaps. Don't fix what isn't broken.
Reply/Quote
The guys at the bottom of our LB roster could stick on other teams as special teams players.
Reply/Quote
Shelvin. Others will think they can do something with 355 lbs of soft
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 02:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think they stay with Huber simply due to his handling of the ball on FG snaps. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Although Simmons said Chrisman and Huber were equal on the handling of the ball on FG attempts. He said Chrisman was below par last year, but now was even with Huber.

I would guess they keep Chrisman this year. He's younger. If they keep Huber, then I do think Chrisman is picked up, quite possibly by the Bills, and then when Huber retires in a year or so, the Bengals would have to start all over for a holder and punter. Also, would be tough seeing Chrisman on the Bills for the next decade, whereas I would not be surprised if Huber retires.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 01:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Pryor, can see him heading to GB if released.

He's gonna go put up 1500 with Arod and look like the 2nd coming of Devante Adams. We all know that's what would most likely happen...
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shelvin. Others will think they can do something with 355 lbs of soft

I hope another team is that dumb.
I don’t think anyone claims him because NFL teams do their homework and even 5 minutes of film study on him would let you know he is useless out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 01:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see either Huber or Chrisman going to Buffalo. I have a hunch it is Huber as Chrisman is cheaper and younger.

Indy also needs a punter...he could commute for that job and punt indoors.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 01:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Pryor, can see him heading to GB if released.

This would piss me off. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 03:57 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I hope another team is that dumb.
I don’t think  anyone claims him because NFL teams do their homework and even 5 minutes of film study on him would let you know he is useless out there.

There were rumblings out of NE that Belichek wanted Shelvin.  Trade for Guard???
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 07:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Indy also needs a punter...he could commute for that job and punt indoors.  Hilarious

They may still be looking but they signed the guy the Bills cut last week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 01:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see either Huber or Chrisman going to Buffalo. I have a hunch it is Huber as Chrisman is cheaper and younger.

No way Huber's noodle leg can withstand the wintery winds/weather in Buffalo, he would average a net of 6.8 yards.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shelvin. Others will think they can do something with 355 lbs of soft

Belichick was quoted as loving Shelvin when we drafted him. NE loves big nose tackles so I could see him going there
Reply/Quote
Trent Irwin will land somewhere. Pryor and Shelvin both have a chance to land somewhere.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:07 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Trent Irwin will land somewhere.  Pryor and Shelvin both have a chance to land somewhere.

That's who I was going to say, Irwin. 
Reply/Quote

Huber Likely Retires if not retained imo
Reply/Quote

Tiger

A perfect example of a guy with it all in front of him that doesn't quite have the dedication that it takes to be a solid professional. This was a big offseason for him and he failed miserably to lose 20 pounds and hire a nutritionist. As of now he just can't move with the weight and may have pigged himself out of the league.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The guys at the bottom of our LB roster could stick on other teams as special teams players.

Tiger

They need to find a starting spot for Big Play Clay!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:47 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

A perfect example of a guy with it all in front of him that doesn't quite have the dedication that it takes to be a solid professional. This was a big offseason for him and he failed miserably to lose 20 pounds and hire a nutritionist. As of now he just can't move with the weight and may have pigged himself out of the league.

Shelvin would not be the first player to come into the NFL not knowing how to be a pro and take care of business. They say he is lighter this year (I don't see it, but maybe) , I am not giving up on him yet. Some players just have to learn habits they've never known because they got by with their physicality in high school and college. 
Reply/Quote