Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals need to revaulate how they assess Skills players
(08-19-2018, 01:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Ross made a tough catch and took a big hit in the process.  He also made a nasty tackle after Dalton threw an interception.  My thoughts regarding Ross are he will be relatively a non-factor because the O-Line has problems on the right side and Dalton will not have time on go-routes to Ross.  Ross may actually be more productive in the slot and the team could use sure handed Boyd opposite of Green.

*Driskel* :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have a feeling that in college, John Ross knew that when the ball came his way, he was going to catch it and make plays.... no doubt in his mind. Here, he has had doubt, and with each failure that doubt grows. I suspect (and hope) that catching that conversion and holding on to it while getting tagged boosts his confidence and he gets his swag back....

It is a different level but his talent still just bursts off the screen when he has some of that swag no question.

Dalton and Ross just need to get on the same page, once they do look out. Dalton is ten million times more accurate
than the QB at Washington that was throwing Ross balls. Hope to see Dalton giving Ross a lot of balls going his way in
this Bills game coming up and trying to really get that chemistry down going into our Regular season.

But the Line has to hold up, this is where it will all start for both of these guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Ross made a tough catch and took a big hit in the process.  He also made a nasty tackle after Dalton threw an interception.  My thoughts regarding Ross are he will be relatively a non-factor because the O-Line has problems on the right side and Dalton will not have time on go-routes to Ross.  Ross may actually be more productive in the slot and the team could use sure handed Boyd opposite of Green.

while there might be a few go routes to ross to keep the safties back..

I think getting the ball in his hands quickly and let him run without tracking the ball from there is even better use of his speed.   Which is what we were hoping would help mask the OL last year lol
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff Luvnit and that is the player on the field Ross reminds me of the most, hope he scores more TD's early
than Antonio Brown. John Ross at Washington scored a TD 1 out of every 5 times he touched the ball.

I will settle for Ross catching the ball. So far he's had at least 9 targets in the preseason and has 2 catches, plus the 2 pt conversion. With catches will come scores, but it's more important for him to make catches as his targets increase. If he doesn't his targets in the redzone won't come during the season.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Well shit we're unbeatable if you add price to that line.

well that and if Dalton doesn't try and tackle the 350lb DT
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 04:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well that and if Dalton doesn't try and tackle the 350lb DT

1 play possibly killed our SB.

Edit: Or should I say 1 bad AD decision?

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 10:21 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: While we saw John Ross be a big dummy last night, Jake Kumerow is lighting things up for Green Bay. Kumerow sat at the bottom of our rosters for how long?

And this isn't the first offense either. Lewis played an injured Jeremy Hill over a healthy Rex Burkhead 2 years ago.

The only defense I can see to this is that "but Zo, we have a great receiver corps this year!"

No we don't. We have a bunch of unprovens that have shown flashes in preseason.

So all we have is a bunch of unprovens at WR, but you’re complaining about them not keeping Kumerow....
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 03:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I will settle for Ross catching the ball. So far he's had at least 9 targets in the preseason and has 2 catches, plus the 2 pt conversion. With catches will come scores, but it's more important for him to make catches as his targets increase. If he doesn't his targets in the redzone won't come during the season.

I am not worried, he has good hands, the catches will come.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 12:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am not worried, he has good hands, the catches will come.

I hope so, and we have a lot invested in him.

While I hated the pick he is a Bengal and we need him to produce.

Reply/Quote