Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine.
(03-01-2024, 01:32 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: I don’t want to go in to next season with the hopes tuner gets better. Our secondary was awful last year. I’m all for addressing corner either in FA or the draft, but I would say the lines need the attention first.

Elite play on the DL will help the youth. We were so young last season in the Secondary and Chido was coming off of a terrible injury.

It is not just hope, I expect the Secondary to be MUCH better this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 10:56 PM)pally Wrote: they are only allowed to interview 45 players at the combine.  They aren't going to use them all on tight ends.  They may have spoken to others at the Senior Bowl or will be attending their pro days where they can talk

Thanks for that. I did not know there was a limit. 

All the draft talk is two steps ahead, though with the combine happening I get it. 

FA first. A lot of guys we are dreaming of will likely be signed or tagged by 4 pm Tuesday: Jones, Madubuike, Wilkins, Onwenu, Winfield, Johnson, & Sneed. But maybe 1 slips through. 

I think Leonard Williams likely hits FA. If all those guys are off the market, he and Reader would be #1 & #2 for me. We should have around $20 mil left after that. I'd go vet safety (moving Hill closer to LOS and with our main dime package being 3 Safeties), Townsend, + 2 of Chido, Eluemunor, Boyd, Schultz, or IOL upgrade. 

FA Dream Scenario:
1. Tee signed long term
2. Reader back with real favorable Y1 Terms
3. L. Williams, DT, $13-$15 mil
4. Onwenu, OT/G, $15 mil
5. Townsend, P, KC
------------
6. Cutting Scott + some other restructures frees enough space to sign one vet S on the market.

#18: Bowers, best CB, JPJ, or OT (Onwenu to LG).
Rd 2: Sweat, Sanders, WR3, or best CB left.
Rd 3: WR3, TE, CB, Jackson
Rd4: Whatever is left.

If Onwenu is gone, turn that into 2 guys: lesser OT, IOL FA, TE, Chido, Boyd, vet NT.
Reply/Quote
More realistic FA scenario:

1. Tee plays under the tag.
2. Reader back.
3. L. Williams at $15 mil.
-------------
4. Vet S + cut Scott
5. Townsend
6. With what is left (say $10 mil) + some restructures, try to free enough space for 2 more signings: Eluemunor, Chido, Boyd, TE, NT, IOL.
Reply/Quote