Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine.
(02-29-2024, 04:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Cappa is signed thru '25 and is a FA in '26. 

It is Karras' last year..

Regardless you and others get the point....and nobody being brought up to replace them.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 04:45 PM)pally Wrote:

As long as we take care of DT and RT in Free Agency, I would be very happy with Brock Bowers at 18 honestly. He is probably the best YAC TE
of all time in college. Imagine what he could do with Burrow throwing him those accurate throws that hit him in stride...
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As long as we take care of DT and RT in Free Agency, I would be very happy with Brock Bowers at 18 honestly. He is probably the best YAC TE
of all time in college. Imagine what he could do with Burrow throwing him those accurate throws that hit him in stride...

Imagine what he could do with Burrow throwing him those accurate throws that hit him right in place as he stands 2 yards behind the LoS. You forgot this is the Bengals offense.    Ninja

I joke. Probably. If Bowers somehow magically falls to the Bengals at 18, I think you have to take him regardless of what you did in FA with DT and RT.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As long as we take care of DT and RT in Free Agency, I would be very happy with Brock Bowers at 18 honestly. He is probably the best YAC TE

Couldn't agree more Nate!
Reply/Quote
Can anyone envision Tobin trading up in
The 2nd RD and drafting Sweat from Texas?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:51 PM)lone bengal Wrote: If they believe Higgins has no chance of signing long term then I’d assume they’d be more aggressive in free agency. Definitely need to address DT in free agency with Hill being the only serviceable DT on the roster. Assuming they sign a quality DT and maybe a mid level vet RT I could possible see them going WR at 18 if there’s a big tackle run. A guy like Brain Thomas Jr. could fill the Boyd role this year help you win short term and long term soften the Higgins loss next year. Not saying go WR just know how the OT run goes and the DT class isn’t deep Thomas might be BPA at 18.

This is what I’m thinking
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 01:21 PM)Bengalion Wrote: We need more youth investments in the trenches. Need to get younger, cheaper, and better. But it all depends on who we get at OT and DT in free agency.

The best thing in regards to investment in the trenches on the offensive side of the ball would be first to get rid of Pollack. He couldn’t develop a picture
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 05:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Imagine what he could do with Burrow throwing him those accurate throws that hit him right in place as he stands 2 yards behind the LoS. You forgot this is the Bengals offense.    Ninja

I joke. Probably. If Bowers somehow magically falls to the Bengals at 18, I think you have to take him regardless of what you did in FA with DT and RT.

Lol, sure don't like that first thought, cause yeah, that has happened in our Offense ugh

Yeah, I highly doubt he falls to 18, but if he does we should pick Bowers.

(02-29-2024, 05:27 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Couldn't agree more Nate!

ThumbsUp

(02-29-2024, 05:32 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Can anyone envision Tobin trading up in
The 2nd RD and drafting Sweat from Texas?

Might be the only way we get Sweat, or trade back out of the first and grab him.

(02-29-2024, 05:45 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: The best thing in regards to investment in the trenches on the offensive side of the ball would be first to get rid of Pollack.  He couldn’t develop a picture

Too bad that is a moot point now. I sure would of added a different OL coach if it was me after this last season.

When proven vets come to your team and they play worse than they did previously it is a clear sign of bad coaching.
Reply/Quote
In my opinion Tanner Hudson looked great and should develop with enough playtime. We should use the pick on our OL or DT. TE is not our problem with a WR core of Chase, Higgins, Irwin, Yoshi (expecting that we lose Boyd). Of course if Higgins is traded before the Draft then WR becomes a new need.

The Chargers won't pass on Bowers at 10, forget about it.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 08:26 PM)Bengalion Wrote: In my opinion Tanner Hudson looked great and should develop with enough playtime. We should use the pick on our OL or DT. TE is not our problem with a WR core of Chase, Higgins, Irwin, Yoshi (expecting that we lose Boyd). Of course if Higgins is traded before the Draft then WR becomes a new need.

The Chargers won't pass on Bowers at 10, forget about it.

Hudson is decent but he's 29 so he's not gonna be much better than he is now IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 04:45 PM)pally Wrote:

They met with several TEs.

Brock Bowers
Ja'Tavion Sanders
AJ Barner
Erick All
Dallin Holker
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 09:25 PM)Synric Wrote: They met with several TEs.

Brock Bowers
Ja'Tavion Sanders
AJ Barner
Erick All
Dallin Holker

I think Barner has the potential to be a sleeper pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 04:46 PM)pulses Wrote: Regardless you and others get the point....and nobody being brought up to replace them.

Not yet, anyway. We could always extend them. But it is not quite as urgent as you made it out to be. We have another year on Cappa. 
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 09:25 PM)Synric Wrote: They met with several TEs.

Brock Bowers
Ja'Tavion Sanders
AJ Barner
Erick All
Dallin Holker

Surprised not Stover or Sinnott or The Johnson or Spam-Ford. 
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 10:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Not yet, anyway. We could always extend them. But it is not quite as urgent as you made it out to be. We have another year on Cappa. 

However, this is the final year on Karras' contract.  They should most definitely be looking at Center prospects, as well as someone who could step in immediately at RT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 10:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: However, this is the final year on Karras' contract.  They should most definitely be looking at Center prospects, as well as someone who could step in immediately at RT.

Absolutely and i think JPJ should very well be considered at 18 if he's there.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 10:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Surprised not Stover or Sinnott or The Johnson or Spam-Ford. 

they are only allowed to interview 45 players at the combine.  They aren't going to use them all on tight ends.  They may have spoken to others at the Senior Bowl or will be attending their pro days where they can talk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Depends on what we do in Free Agency but I agree for the most part. Corner shouldn't be a priority if we bring back Chido.

Expect major growth in Turner and Ivey this Offseason and we all know CTB has been pretty damn good so far.

I don’t want to go in to next season with the hopes tuner gets better. Our secondary was awful last year. I’m all for addressing corner either in FA or the draft, but I would say the lines need the attention first.
Reply/Quote
I've been watching tape pretty hard the past few days and I gotta say, there's some horrific OL play out there.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 02:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No surprise at all in terms of the #1 pick.

People need to come to grips with the fact Tee is gonna be here this year (and likely next). Thus, with Chase & Higgins in the bag, we are not likely to spend big draft capital on a WR,,despite WR3 being open. We can address that Day 2.

FA will obviously impact the draft in a big way. I am hoping it takes DT off the table at #18 (though I do like Murphy & Newton). But bringing Reader back + 1 of Madubuike, Wilkins, or L. Williams would mean we really only need a Reader stopgap/Tupou upgrade/Tupou. That would not merit #18.

Landing Townsend would settle P. Though the kid from Iowa is fine for me, starting in Rd 5.

For me, at #18:

1. RT: Fuaga, Latham, Guyton
2. DT: Murphy, Newton
3. CB: Arnold, Mitchell, DeJean
4. OT Trade down: Mims, Morris.

Bowers sitting there would change the thinking, but only if we land an OT stopgap in FA. And maybe not then. But I think it is pretty unlikely he makes it to #18.

I saw a list compiled of 1st Round TE's over the past X years.

Some were busts. Many were traded.

It appears that most of the top TE's go outside the 1st Round.

Not saying Bowers couldn't be different. Georgia has a pretty loaded team too. That helps some players look good.
Reply/Quote