Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft tendency
(01-20-2022, 03:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: TE is not something I'd prioritize over most, but I'd go after a TE1 over a WR4.
Uzomah had 63 targets.
I'd think a starting TE (especially one drafted in Rd 1) would get more targets than WR4.
WR4 probably isn't going to do that much unless there's an injury.

I'm assuming Bengals will re-sign either Hill or Ogunjobi, setting the starters on the DL.
WR1 through WR3 and RB1 are set with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon.
When I said "OL, LB, or possibly TE if not DB," I meant I'd be leaning toward DB, OL, and LB ahead of TE.

I 100% agree with you on that. I would def take a TE over a WR in round 1 and for the same reasons U listed. I may even take tight end over WR round 1 even if we kept CJ. Personally I want oline addresses in FA so round 1 imo should be corner or pass rush. When Hendrickson goes out our pass rush essentially goes with him and it worries me.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:59 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Is this serious? Toxicity? I think it would be pretty dumb as well to take a WR or a qb in the first... but More importantly I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having that opinion.

Agree taking a WR with the 1st round pick would just be downright silly. Especially an injured one that other teams are passing over because of the injury. 

Am fine with adding another WR but not with any early picks or any expensive FA. It's just not that big of a need presently. 

Plus that would be kind of a suck for a WR to be drafted in 1st round to be a #4 wide out. Kid has 1st round grade thinking he is going to hit the ground running only to be buried on depth chart. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote