Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals eyeing BYU’s Blake Freeland?
https://atozsports.com/.amp/cincinnati/bengals-draft-steal-middle-rounds-nfl-news/

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Blake-Freeland-OL-BYU

I predict we draft a TE at 1 and Freeland @2
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 05:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://atozsports.com/.amp/cincinnati/bengals-draft-steal-middle-rounds-nfl-news/

Believe the majority think a TE will be selected 1st, especially if they're going to double dip. 

Yet first I've heard of Freeland in the 2nd.

Thanks for posting. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Saints and Bengals both worked Freeland out. It is referred to as due diligence. People reading into that he is someone they are picking is a very large assumption. Freeland was getting eatin up at the Senior Bowl practices.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 08:18 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The Saints and Bengals both worked Freeland out. It is referred to as due diligence. People reading into that he is someone they are picking is a very large assumption. Freeland was getting eatin up at the Senior Bowl practices.

You are right he had a poor Senior Bowl but he had a great combine. “People” I’d assume you mean me. I think he’s a possibility and still think he’s possible @2.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I do not like the Bengals looking so hard at a heavy zone blocking offensive tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bengals-7-round-mock-draft-orlando-brown-jonah-williams-trade/?itm_medium=recirc&itm_source=taboola&itm_campaign=internal&itm_content=ExploreMore

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 05:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://atozsports.com/.amp/cincinnati/bengals-draft-steal-middle-rounds-nfl-news/

I pray you're wrong.

Drafting a TE in the 1st round is a mistake, and Freeland would be a major reach.

Draft a premium position in the 1st and go get a TE later.
Reply/Quote
I'd be really disappointed if the Bengals took him in the 2nd round, as the guy seems like he'll likely be a 2-3 year developmental project. If they took him in the 4th or 5th round, I could rationalize the selection a little better.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:18 AM)BengalBob Wrote: I pray you're wrong.

Drafting a TE in the 1st round is a mistake, and Freeland would be a major reach.

Draft a premium position in the 1st and go get a TE later.

The more I’ve researched Freeland I agree he’s not good enough at 2

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals take a TE @1 and Freeland @2, i'll probably throw up all over myself. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 12:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If the Bengals take a TE @1 and Freeland @2, i'll probably throw up all over myself. 

That would be a horrible job by the Bengals organization if that is how they draft.  Using a first round pick on a low value position then following that up with a pick in the 2nd round on a guy who struggled during the Senior Bowl facing some guys that won't play in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't fit, like at all. This is confusing, we go and bring in Orlando Brown and Cody Ford on top of having Cappa, Karras, LC,
Volson, Carman who are all Gap scheme OL than talk about Blake Freeland an athletic wide zone Tackle?

Doesn't make any sense, hope this is just more smoke.
Reply/Quote
Super athletic but raw OT is a little risky. I'd prefer a guy with a little less projection. I rarely trust players who fly up boards following the combine. The combine should be used to verify what you see on the field (a guy who looks the part on the field tests and has an RAS above 9, you lock him in as a 1st round pick. A guy who looks the part on the field but has an RAS below 5, you start to question how he'll translate to the NFL, maybe you bypass him in the first round or two). It shouldn't be used to sky rocket a player up 2 to 3 rounds.

If a player isn't worth a pick before the combine, they probably shouldn't be worth a pick after the combine either. It's about refining the list of top prospects; narrowing it down to your top targets. Not moving new players onto that list (the opposite of narrowing the list). But I understand that I'm probably in the minority when it comes to my opinions on how to use draft information.
Reply/Quote
I think this is more seeing if the Freeland can actually be an NFL OT. They were making him bend down and pick up tennis balls while pulling. 6'8 is really tall for the NFL and you can see guys leverage him without the extra 50lbs that Orlando Brown has at that height. Even if he can get low as he gets tired will he start playing a little taller. Power schemes are always going to be tough for this guy though.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 09:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You are right he had a poor Senior Bowl but he had a great combine. “People” I’d assume you mean me. I think he’s a possibility and still think he’s possible @2.

Should not make that assumption it was meant as collective not individual. A great combine means nothing. What takes place with contact on a field is what matters.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 02:02 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Should not make that assumption it was meant as collective not individual. A great combine means nothing. What takes place with contact on a field is what matters.

Damn rights, give me Darnell Wright. Stud for years against the best competition. None of these BYU Vigilantes lol
Reply/Quote
Freeland is someone that would have been an ideal fit a few years ago when the Bengals wanted to do a lot of wide zone.
I see Freeland being very scheme dependent and still needs work in some areas. He's a Day 3 prospect to me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn rights, give me Darnell Wright. Stud for years against the best competition. None of these BYU Vigilantes lol

I would love to have Wright but more and more it seems like he is moving up boards. If he is off the boards I would be just as happy with Dawand Jones. I was hesitant about him before but the more and more game film I go back and watch on him the more athleticism I am seeing for a man his size. 
Reply/Quote
I’ll take whichever RT they think is best at 28. And I wouldn’t be mad at a LG in round 2. Fix the damn line once in for all.
We’d have 2 chips if we had a good line.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 06:57 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would love to have Wright but more and more it seems like he is moving up boards. If he is off the boards I would be just as happy with Dawand Jones. I was hesitant about him before but the more and more game film I go back and watch on him the more athleticism I am seeing for a man his size. 

Also liking DaWand Jones more and more. He fits if Darnell Wright is not there like it is looking more and more to be the case.

(03-27-2023, 07:00 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’ll take whichever RT they think is best at 28. And I wouldn’t be mad at a LG in round 2. Fix the damn line once in for all.
We’d have 2 chips if we had a good line.

DaWand Jones and Avila in round 2 sure would fix the OL if both stayed healthy and played to their ascension. 
Reply/Quote