Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals fans in JN
(12-29-2015, 03:17 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Like Shake said. It's perfectly understandable and reasonable to write us off in the playoffs, because the offense looks horrible without Dalton.

No...it isn't.

First, the past has no bearing on the future.

Second, you don't know what can happen to out possible opponents in the next week or 2 injury wise.

Third, it is not 100% written in stone that Dalton won't play.

It is understandable and reasonable to be disappointed with this loss....nothing more.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:20 AM)Beaker Wrote: No...it isn't.

Second, you don't know what can happen to out possible opponents in the next week or 2 injury wise.

It is understandable and reasonable to be disappointed with this loss....nothing more.

Yes, it's possible that Dalton can come back and play in the playoffs

Yes, it's possible that the Bengals can win a playoff game with McCarron as the starter

Yes, it's possible that I can buy a lottery ticket and win millions of dollars

Just because something is possible doesn't mean that it will happen, and looking at the past gives foresight on what will happen in the future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:25 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yes, it's possible that Dalton can come back and play in the playoffs

Yes, it's possible that the Bengals can win a playoff game with McCarron as the starter

Yes, it's possible that I can buy a lottery ticket and win millions of dollars

Just because something is possible doesn't mean that it will happen, and looking at the past gives foresight on what will happen in the future.

[Image: image.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:42 AM)Beaker Wrote: Bengals fans in JN after any loss:

[Image: ?format=1000w]

[Image: Blind.png]you

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:15 AM)Beaker Wrote: There are plenty of people on here who have already written us off in the playoffs.

While I won't predict a loss, I think we all have our doubts based on what we've seen. Marv is 0-6 in the playoffs, this core of players is 0-4. The prime-time problems are still there (1-3 this year). Dalton won't play in a wild card round and we probably just lost the BYE. McCarron didn't do well against zone tonight and our playoff opponent surely noticed.

I've tried to stay positive all year, but this team is fading pretty hard since the 8-0 start (3-4 since).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:42 AM)Beaker Wrote: Bengals fans in JN after any loss:

[Image: ?format=1000w]

Bengals fans in JN after any loss:

[Image: latest?cb=20140110032442]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: While I won't predict a loss, I think we all have our doubts based on what we've seen. Marv is 0-6 in the playoffs, this core of players is 0-4. The prime-time problems are still there (1-3 this year). Dalton won't play in a wild card round and we probably just lost the BYE. McCarron didn't do well against zone tonight and our playoff opponent surely noticed.

I've tried to stay positive all year, but this team is fading pretty hard since the 8-0 start (3-4 since).

I have doubts also. But call me the eternal optimist. You gotta make the playoffs to have a chance to win in them. We've done that and we're due.
Reply/Quote
Again, I have to wonder if people who think it is impossible that a backup QB can win a playoff game remember TJ Yates beating us in the post-season.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've tried to stay positive all year,

Well you've done more than anyone could have asked for. To stay positive in a year such as this takes true heart. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, I have to wonder if people who think it is impossible that a backup QB can win a playoff game remember TJ Yates beating us in the post-season.

Yate's actually had a run game and a great defense. We only have one of those.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. This is definitely the only fan base that would flip out about losing a shot at the BYE while their starting QB needs time to heal up.

Any other fan base would be just peachy with a Head Coach that sports an 8-24 record in prime time and playoff games.

No reason to be upset at a team that had a 14-0 lead, ready to take a 17-0 lead, only to fold like a cheap suit (as usual) from something as innocuous as a missed field goal.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yate's actually had a run game and a great defense. We only have one of those.

You forgot to mention that he got to play the Marvin Lewis-led Bengals, to boot.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You forgot to mention that he got to play the Marvin Lewis-led Bengals, to boot.

I think that's one of the only things we can agree on. Marvin needs to go.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:15 AM)Beaker Wrote: There are plenty of people on here who have already written us off in the playoffs.

With a lot of history to base it on. And nothing to show otherwise.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:37 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think that's one of the only things we can agree on. Marvin needs to go.

Marvin needed to go after 2010.  Once the decision was made to keep him after THAT I accepted the notion that he'd be here forever.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how many people looked a the schedule when it first came out and marked an L for pittsburgh, arizona, and denver? I also wonder how many people thought those losses would be blowouts vs two out of three being by last minute and OT FGs?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:20 AM)Beaker Wrote: No...it isn't.

"Those who don't learn history..." yadayadayada

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin needed to go after 2010.  Once the decision was made to keep him after THAT I accepted the notion that he'd be here forever.

He will always be a part of the Bengals organization. Didn't you know that Marvin Lewis has his burial plot in the middle of the 50 yard line at PBS?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:40 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Those who don't learn history..." yadayadayada

Past performances do not guarantee future results.....yada yada yada
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You forgot to mention that he got to play the Marvin Lewis-led Bengals, to boot.

I wonder if there's a scenario where the Bengals could play themselves in the playoffs.

Hmmm...

Reply/Quote