Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals fans in JN
(12-29-2015, 03:40 AM)Beaker Wrote: I wonder how many people looked a the schedule when it first came out and marked an L for pittsburgh, arizona, and denver? I also wonder how many people thought those losses would be blowouts vs two out of three being by last minute and OT FGs?

The same people who thought we wouldn't win a playoff game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:42 AM)Beaker Wrote: Past performances do not guarantee future results.....yada yada yada

Except that up to now, it has.

yada.yada.yada.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except that up to now, it has.

yada.yada.yada.

Every day brings new beginnings.

Can you see the flowers, puppies and rainbows?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:44 AM)Beaker Wrote: Every day brings new beginnings.

Can you see the flowers, puppies and rainbows?

Nope. Super Marvio has stolen my sight.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think you are painting with too broad of a brush, saying any fan pissed about this loss has written off the team or aren't true fans. I'm pissed about this loss, but not because we lost, it's how we lost. I'm okay with the team losing when they play and coach their best, but the better team wins. This was not the case in the second half of this game.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:52 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think you are painting with too broad of a brush, saying any fan pissed about this loss has written off the team or aren't true fans. I'm pissed about this loss, but not because we lost, it's how we lost. I'm okay with the team losing when they play and coach their best, but the better team wins. This was not the case in the second half of this game.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when your team only gets 90 yards in the second half of the game, and then in OT "almost" fumble and then actually fumble in the first two plays to lose the game. It kinda sucks when you see your team get outscored 3 to 31 in the second half of the last two games when they used to be one of the best offenses in the league in the second half of the game.
Reply/Quote
It was a frustrating game and a game that we needed to have. With that being said there are positvs to take away from this game. Like how we dominated the first 28 minutes of it. A play here and there in the second half and we win this game. It's still frustrating though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:42 AM)Beaker Wrote: Bengals fans in JN after any loss:

[Image: ?format=1000w]

You're lying to us and to yourself if you didn't see the way we lost this game as a reminder of how we lost all of our other playoff games.  Defense folded at the end while the offense couldn't get into the end zone in the second half.  Story of the Bengals lives.  This was for all intents and purposes a playoff game.  

A prime time game against a good team that gets us to the second round of the playoffs in  Cincinnati and we lost this game the exact same way we always have.   
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote:
bfine32
Well you've done more than anyone could have asked for. To stay positive in a year such as this takes true heart. 

In the face of all that I mentioned, yeah it really does.

Optimism seems easy for those who are willfully blind though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Optimism seems easy for those who are willfully blind though.

Not really. My eyes are wide open. I just choose not to dwell on the negatives. It really is a simple choice.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: Not really. My eyes are wide open. I just choose not to dwell on the negatives. It really is a simple choice.

I don't dwell on the negatives either, but I don't completely ignore them, which is exactly what you and bfine are doing. You can't form realistic opinions without acknowledging and considering both the positives and negatives. You guys are basically plugging your ears and telling people you don't want to hear anything negative. You'll probably be saying the same stuff if Marv loses his 7th straight playoff game. There will never be an acceptable time to vent about anything negative, no matter how understandable the frustration.

That type of poster is no better than the ones who are always negative. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't dwell on the negatives either, but I don't completely ignore them, which is exactly what you and bfine are doing. You can't form realistic opinions without acknowledging and considering both the positives and negatives. You guys are basically plugging your ears and telling people you don't want to hear anything negative. You'll probably be saying the same stuff if Marv loses his 7th straight playoff game. There will never be an acceptable time to vent about anything negative, no matter how understandable the frustration.

That type of poster is no better than the ones who are always negative. 

My ears are open just like my eyes. I am telling people to not dwell on the negative and look at the positives as well....not just be down on the team all the time. If you look even at my posts today, I have criticized Green for his two drops, so I am by no means only a cheerleader. But I believe the players learn from bad things, and will improve upon them next time. Look at the O line. They got crucified for their play in SF. They did a pretty good job against the #1 D last night. I just think constant negativity is counter productive. That's not ignoring it...its not dwelling on it....big difference.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:53 PM), Beaker Wrote: My ears are open just like my eyes. I am telling people to not dwell on the negative and look at the positives as well....not just be down on the team all the time. If you look even at my posts today, I have criticized Green for his two drops, so I am by no means only a cheerleader. But I believe the players learn from bad things, and will improve upon them next time. Look at the O line. They got crucified for their play in SF. They did a pretty good job against the #1 D last night. I just think constant negativity is counter productive. That's not ignoring it...its not dwelling on it....big difference.

At this point, there's not much time to learn from mistakes. This core has been together for 5 years now. They are what they are. A really good team that chokes in the bright lights. The question will always be "can they overcome it?"

So far this year, the answer has been no. They could go out and win a playoff game. Who knows? But based on what we've seen in prime time, I understand the pessimism.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I understand the pessimism.

I understand the frustration, but not the pessimism.
Reply/Quote