Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals fans lowering expectations?
Listening to the radio this morning out of Pittsburgh. The producer is from KY and a Bengals fan and he was sharing tweets from other fans basically saying the Bengals have no chance to win on Saturday.

Is this an attempt to prepare for the worst so if anything else happens you are not disappointed?

Doesn't sound like a good way to go when the team was 12-4 and won their division.

Buck up campers!

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Lewis and Tomlin are a combined 0-9 in the WC round of the playoffs. Someone has to win. Tomlin usually doesn't get outcoached by Lewis so Bengal fans are correct in being on the disappointed side of the two's combine record moving to 1-10.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Listening to the radio this morning out of Pittsburgh.  The producer is from KY and a Bengals fan and he was sharing tweets from other fans basically saying the Bengals have no chance to win on Saturday.

Is this an attempt to prepare for the worst so if anything else happens you are not disappointed?

Doesn't sound like a good way to go when the team was 12-4 and won their division.

Buck up campers!

Rock On

How would we know other fans thoughts? Does Pat know why Poe is a schmuck and fails to show after losses? I love these threads where thousands of things are going out via social media and some people grab a small snap shot and act like the know the thoughts of the entire fan base. I am not afraid of my team playing the Steelers and in fact was hoping for it as I would like to get the final monkey off our back against Ben and the Steelers. That can't happen if they don't play each other this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:30 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does Pat know why Poe is a smuck and fails to show after losses?

It's schmuck, not smuck. 

If you're going to use Yiddish you should have a minimal knowledge of it.  You're so goyim. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:30 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How would we know other fans thoughts? Does Pat know why Poe is a smuck and fails to show after losses? I love these threads where thousands of things are going out via social media and some people grab a small snap shot and act like the know the thoughts of the entire fan base. I am not afraid of my team playing the Steelers and in fact was hoping for it as I would like to get the final monkey off our back against Ben and the Steelers. That can't happen if they don't play each other this week.

You still don't read, do you?

They were reading tweets from Bengals fans about the Bengals.

If you'd rather I could just link a bunch of posts from JN instead.  Mellow

But instead I think I'll go read another post from you abut how the teams want to injure each other.  Cool
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
It probably has more to do with rolling into the post season with a backup QB that hasn't crossed the 200 yd threshold yet (save for coming in cold off the bench against Pitt, ironically) more than anything.....but yeah, scared of Stoolers.....Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: You still don't read, do you?

They were reading tweets from Bengals fans about the Bengals.

If you'd rather I could just link a bunch of posts from JN instead.  Mellow

But instead I think I'll go read another post from you abut how the teams want to injure each other.  Cool

I read it, I also have a mind of my own. I would be asking if that was every tweet or did someone just pick out certain tweets to try and make a story. I guess you missed the last game when guys like Burfict, Decastro and Mitchell tried to hurt people. I have a hunch the same mentality will exist, my fear is if one team gets up big, the other's mission will be knock out the other team's players. I hope I am wrong and the two teams play hard and clean. But, it would surprise me.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I read it, I also have a mind of my own. I would be asking if that was every tweet or did someone just pick out certain tweets to try and make a story. I guess you missed the last game when guys like Burfict, Decastro and Mitchell tried to hurt people. I have a hunch the same mentality will exist, my fear is if one team gets up big, the other's mission will be knock out the other team's players. I hope I am wrong and the two teams play hard and clean. But, it would surprise me.

Bah you say this all the time that the teams are out to hurt someone.  Its just background noise to me now, but I like to point it out how much you think it will / should happen so you can say you don't want anyone to get hurt unless its a "clean hit".   Smirk
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Listening to the radio this morning out of Pittsburgh.  

Listening to a Pittsburgh radio station that's negative on the Bengals, you say?

I'm shocked. Utterly shocked.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:58 PM)Benton Wrote: Listening to a Pittsburgh radio station that's negative on the Bengals, you say?

I'm shocked. Utterly shocked.

Mellow

Ah, ah...read the rest.

But they were kind of stunned that the Steelers are favorites at this point.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I'm just hoping for a good game. I'm not expecting a playoff win as long as Dalton isn't playing. That said, of all the teams, I'd prefer to face the Steelers. Their defense is bad and Ben is good for a pick or 2. If the Bengals can limit the turnovers and mistakes this should be a really close game.

But then again, Marvin Lewis is still HC of the Bengals  Whatever (why is the "dry face" cartman now?)
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ah, ah...read the rest.

We've got a backup QB. A backup has only gone on to win the SB six or seven times, and just twice since 2000 (Brady and Dilfer). Statistically, it's not super likely for AJ.

(01-04-2016, 01:22 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: That said, of all the teams, I'd prefer to face the Steelers. Their defense is bad and Ben is good for a pick or 2. If the Bengals can limit the turnovers and mistakes this should be a really close game.

That's my thinking. Especially if their running game is as limited as it sounds, that's going to put the ball in the air more. Which should translate into better field position for us.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Listening to the radio this morning out of Pittsburgh.  The producer is from KY and a Bengals fan and he was sharing tweets from other fans basically saying the Bengals have no chance to win on Saturday.

Buck up campers!

Rock On

Lowering expectations? Just following your mom's lead, in regards to you. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lowering expectations? Just following your mom's lead, in regards to you. Mellow

So that's a yes then?

Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Don't get me wrong, i feel that we should beat the Steelers, but being the Bungalized fan that I am, i know we'll find a way to lose this game. Coaching will be the thing that kills us. Marvin collapses and just goes into this shell during prime time games.
Reply/Quote
Question 
Bengals play with energy= Win

They just have to bring it.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's schmuck, not smuck. 

If you're going to use Yiddish you should have a minimal knowledge of it.  You're so goyim. Smirk

[Image: reverse-laughing-jew.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's schmuck, not smuck. 

(01-04-2016, 04:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: [Image: reverse-laughing-jew.gif]

Everything I know about Yiddish I learned from Weird Al.

Not really.  But I am a big fan of his.   Smirk
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ah, ah...read the rest.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised that the Steelers are favored.  Ben vs a three start backup.  Put a gun to my head and tell me to make a pick, I'd pick the Steelers.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Everything I know about Yiddish I learned from Weird Al.

Not really.  But I am a big fan of his.   Smirk

Give it to me, Bernie (Sanders) !!

Al is awesome !
Was supposed to see him in concert a few years back, but he cancelled. 
Reply/Quote