Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals fans - this team sucks but you guys are awesome
I went to the game in Nashville this weekend and let me tell you...

Bengals fans are awesome. They were out in droves all throughout the town and were a force at the game. I would say that about 1/4 of the crowd was Bengals fans.

Also, after going to the game in Nashville and interacting with their fans and stadium experience, the Bengals are LUCKY to have the fans and fan base that they do. The Titans fans didn't even compare to the passion and fandom that us Bengals supporters have. The Titans fans at the game seemed to not even notice there was a football game going on at times. Very apathetic and just meh.

So, Bengals fans I applaud you. We go through a lot of crap but at the end of the day we are a very passionate fan base.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I went to the game in Nashville this weekend and let me tell you...

Bengals fans are awesome. They were out in droves all throughout the town and were a force at the game. I would say that about 1/4 of the crowd was Bengals fans.

Also, after going to the game in Nashville and interacting with their fans and stadium experience, the Bengals are LUCKY to have the fans and fan base that they do. The Titans fans didn't even compare to the passion and fandom that us Bengals supporters have. The Titans fans at the game seemed to not even notice there was a football game going on at times. Very apathetic and just meh.

So, Bengals fans I applaud you. We go through a lot of crap but at the end of the day we are a very passionate fan base.

The fact that there were still fans of the Bengals after the 90s suggests, to me, that the Bengals fans are THE most loyal in all of sports (well maybe aside from a couple baseball teams' fans).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I went to the game in Nashville this weekend and let me tell you...

Nice my Boss was down there this weekend you might of saw her there...

She got a picture with a Huber.. (I'm guessing Hubers dad)
Reply/Quote
I was looking forward to this game as I thought it would be the rare one I get to go to (I'm less than 2 hours from Titan stadium, about 6 from PBS). I ended up not getting to go due to work.

But I agree, there's a totally different feel. Maybe it's because Tennessee is a much newer team without the history, I dunno. The community is a lot like that with their hockey, too. There are all of 23 Predator fans in the city of Nashville. They finally make a playoff run and it's 'oh, we've always been Hockey City!' Same with Titans football. Fans are lukewarm unless they're having a dominant year. Not like that in Cincinnati where fans give a crap no matter how the team is doing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How full was the stadium? They never really showed a crowd shot, but I could see numerous empty seats way down close.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How full was the stadium? They never really showed a crowd shot, but I could see numerous empty seats way down close.

The only time I've been to Nissan and seen it full... was a Major League Soccer game.
Reply/Quote
With the shit Mike Clown has been shoveling us for the past 26 seasons, we all deserve a major award.....

[Image: on-the-street.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
So when a handful of these teams have gone to complete crap (and the bengals are on their way), which ones become the London and Mexico City franchises? I'm thinking Bengals, Titans or Jags.
Reply/Quote
Love the Bengal fans and really love the people who post on this board.

Mike Brown and Bengals organization are not worthy of the Bengal fans who have stuck by this miserable cheapskate franchise since Paul Brown died.

If Lewis returns next year, I will be officially done as a  Bengals fan after 50 years.

Best wishes to everyone on this board- you are all great people.
Reply/Quote
I could hear plenty of cheers when the Bengals made a play on the TV broadcast.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 02:05 PM)BengalD Wrote: So when a handful of these teams have gone to complete crap (and the bengals are on their way), which ones become the London and Mexico City franchises?  I'm thinking Bengals, Titans or Jags.

When we played in London, didn't we get the best response from the crowd or am I just misremembering things? I say that because if London really likes the Bengals, then you KNOW Brown will make sure we're there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
That is nice to hear, need some cred for putting up with this shit for all these years. Always thought we had the
most loyal fans after going through the embarrassment of the 90's and then playing in the same Division with the
team with the most bandwagon fans in all of sports.

Heard a lot of cheering when we scored against the Titans, so this does make sense.

Maybe when the Raiders move to Vegas and we play them i will be able to go to a Bengals game and represent.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 02:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When we played in London, didn't we get the best response from the crowd or am I just misremembering things? I say that because if London really likes the Bengals, then you KNOW Brown will make sure we're there.

The Jaguars have been there a whole bunch, so it seems like they are the team that is looking to get a fanbase going there.  I wouldn't worry about the Bengals moving to London.

(11-14-2017, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always thought we had the
most loyal fans after going through the embarrassment of the 90's and then playing in the same Division with the
team with the most bandwagon fans in all of sports.

Ehh, I used to consider saying a team had the most bandwagon fans as a put down of sorts, but I realized that winning leads any organization to become a magnet for bandwagoners, so saying a team has a bunch of bandwagon fans is pretty much admitting that they win...and that blows.  So sad, but true.

I spent most of my life living in Steeler country, so I'm used to it.  I will say that it irked me the most when everyone just happened to have the Seahawks as their "totally always my 2nd favorite team, I swear" from 2013-2016, though.
Reply/Quote
We should all be paid professional "Give a crappers" to be Bengals fans.. Why we do this on a voluntary basis has GOT TO BE one of lifes great mysteries..I haven't figured it out yet.. It's gotta be right up there with why do I still crack my knuckles ? I dunno..I just do..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 01:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: With the shit Mike Clown has been shoveling us for the past 26 seasons, we all deserve a major award.....

[Image: on-the-street.gif]
[quote pid='467304' dateline='1510678403']
The irony is if Mike Brown would do whatever it took to win and we had a few Super Bowls and a constant Playoff victory team.....his financial reward would be 10 fold than what it is now from this fanbase. We deserve better!
[/quote]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 05:21 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: [quote pid='467304' dateline='1510678403']
The irony is if Mike Brown would do whatever it took to win and we had a few Super Bowls and a constant Playoff victory team.....his financial reward would be 10 fold than what it is now from this fanbase. We deserve better!

[/quote]

Agreed......but apparently, Mikey ain't that keen on this.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Yeah.  I think out mettle has been proven beyond  a doubt.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I used to consider saying a team had the most bandwagon fans as a put down of sorts, but I realized that winning leads any organization to become a magnet for bandwagoners, so saying a team has a bunch of bandwagon fans is pretty much admitting that they win...and that blows.  So sad, but true.

I spent most of my life living in Steeler country, so I'm used to it.  I will say that it irked me the most when everyone just happened to have the Seahawks as their "totally always my 2nd favorite team, I swear" from 2013-2016, though.

Should have more bandwagon Patriot fans then if that is the case. They have owned the Steelers over the years as you and i
both know. I don't see many Patriot jerseys for sale anywhere around here nor any Pats fans. Stooler jerseys are all over the
place and Stooler fans are everywhere running rampant like a damn disease.

There is something different about THAT team and it isn't all about winning why they are the biggest bandwagon team IMO.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 08:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should have more bandwagon Patriot fans then if that is the case. They have owned the Steelers over the years as you and i
both know. I don't see many Patriot jerseys for sale anywhere around here nor any Pats fans. Stooler jerseys are all over the
place and Stooler fans are everywhere running rampant like a damn disease.

There is something different about THAT team and it isn't all about winning why they are the biggest bandwagon team IMO.

Steeler fans are also all over the place because Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas have a lot of people who move away and seek jobs elsewhere.  I remember living in Chicago and I wore a Bengals jersey once and people were like...wait...I thought you were from Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote

I hope you got a chance to visit the broadway area while you were there.  I had a blast when I went last year.  Live music all day long at every club.  
Reply/Quote