Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals favored in 15 of 17 games
I’ve been saying lately this may be the best team in their history. We’ll see. Lots has to happen. From hanging here I don’t know if we can beat almighty KC Chiefs with their glorious front office and staff. LOL.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2023/5/12/23721407/bengals-odds-2023-cincinnati-favored-to-win-15-out-of-17-games
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
15/17 Jeez

Won 12 last year

Why can’t we win 2 more?

Maybe we get a win back like the game against Pitt where Burrow threw the GW to Chase but we missed the XP.

I just don’t wanna see another game end on a sack. I can’t take not even getting a pass off
-Housh
Reply/Quote
We didn't lose very many games last year, and they were due to things like Burrow having to have surgery or poor special team plays. I think we're a better team and Burrow will play way better at the start of the season. I wouldn't doubt a 15 win season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 11:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve been saying lately this may be the best team in their history. We’ll see. Lots has to happen. From hanging here I don’t know if we can beat almighty KC Chiefs with their glorious front office and staff. LOL.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2023/5/12/23721407/bengals-odds-2023-cincinnati-favored-to-win-15-out-of-17-games

Best team in history ???   Show me the NFL Championship Rings, now known as Super Bowl rings. 

I'm very happy for Bengals Fans that the Bengals have had back to back seasons going to AFC Championship and a close Super Bowl loss.  

However when you talk of Dynasty Teams in NFL, before 1950 there was the Chicago Bears.  The 50's had Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions.  The 1960's was all Green Bay Packers.  The 1970's were owned by The Pittsburgh Steelers. The 1980's were the San Francisco 49ers, but you can include Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins.  The 1990's were the Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos. Since 2000 The New England Patriots dominated, but Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens won some titles. Of late Kansas City Chiefs have won a couple times. 

I have not looked at the schedule, but do not bet that the Bengals will go 15 wins and 2 losses.  As always, the 6 AFC North games will be tough. The Browns often beat the Bengals, and of course Steelers and Ravens are tough games. All road games are tough.  

I wish for all Bengals fans a Super Bowl, but will it be easy ???  NO.    It starts with hitting the old dusty trail of laps around the track and good practices and a good training camp way before start of season.  Could the Bengals win a Super Bowl ???  Maybe, but there are 31 other NFL Teams to deal with. 

The 3 Bengals trips to Super Bowl, fans didn't see the team doing much in Spring of 1981, 1988 or 2021.   However in Spring of 1978, Sporting News and all NFL Preseason magazines had Bengals winning Super Bowl, and what a lousy season 1978 was for Bengals and it would get worse in 1979. 

All that said, wear your Bengals things proudly.  Bengals have had 2 very good years in a row.  No Super Bowl win, but 2 good year in a row.  The no play-off win streak of 30 years finally over.  The Bengals are no longer the joke of the NFL, but with winning comes a giant Bulls Eye as the 1980's Bengals had.  Teams will not be taking the Bengals for granted or under estimating Bengals.   No longer the Underdogs, the Bengals will not surprise and teams will be laying for them.  That makes the road harder, but I think Bengals still being hungry for first ever Super Bowl will focused.  

GO BENGALS

Tiger

Add On : Just saw the schedule. Browns, Ravens, Rams in September. Bengals better be ready to win a tough Browns game. I hope Bengals are good, because in past this would be an 0 for September schedule. I do not see an easy schedule of 15 wins and 2 losses, not at all. Add to it Bengals start October at Tennessee. I fail to see an easy schedule here.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 06:49 AM)kevin Wrote: Best team in history ???   Show me the NFL Championship Rings, now known as Super Bowl rings. 

I'm very happy for Bengals Fans that the Bengals have had back to back seasons going to AFC Championship and a close Super Bowl loss.  

However when you talk of Dynasty Teams in NFL, before 1950 there was the Chicago Bears.  The 50's had Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions.  The 1960's was all Green Bay Packers.  The 1970's were owned by The Pittsburgh Steelers. The 1980's were the San Francisco 49ers, but you can include Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins.  The 1990's were the Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos. Since 2000 The New England Patriots dominated, but Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens won some titles. Of late Kansas City Chiefs have won a couple times. 

I have not looked at the schedule, but do not bet that the Bengals will go 15 wins and 2 losses.  As always, the 6 AFC North games will be tough. The Browns often beat the Bengals, and of course Steelers and Ravens are tough games. All road games are tough.  

I wish for all Bengals fans a Super Bowl, but will it be easy ???  NO.    It starts with hitting the old dusty trail of laps around the track and good practices and a good training camp way before start of season.  Could the Bengals win a Super Bowl ???  Maybe, but there are 31 other NFL Teams to deal with. 

The 3 Bengals trips to Super Bowl, fans didn't see the team doing much in Spring of 1981, 1988 or 2021.   However in Spring of 1978, Sporting News and all NFL Preseason magazines had Bengals winning Super Bowl, and what a lousy season 1978 was for Bengals and it would get worse in 1979. 

All that said, wear your Bengals things proudly.  Bengals have had 2 very good years in a row.  No Super Bowl win, but 2 good year in a row.  The no play-off win streak of 30 years finally over.  The Bengals are no longer the joke of the NFL, but with winning comes a giant Bulls Eye as the 1980's Bengals had.  Teams will not be taking the Bengals for granted or under estimating Bengals.   No longer the Underdogs, the Bengals will not surprise and teams will be laying for them.  That makes the road harder, but I think Bengals still being hungry for first ever Super Bowl will focused.  

GO BENGALS

Tiger

Add On : Just saw the schedule. Browns, Ravens, Rams in September. Bengals better be ready to win a tough Browns game. I hope Bengals are good, because in past this would be an 0 for September schedule. I do not see an easy schedule of 15 wins and 2 losses, not at all. Add to it Bengals start October at Tennessee. I fail to see an easy schedule here.

Best team in their history
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 08:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Best team in their history

Agree!

I (used to) have a friend who was constantly being a “Debbie Downer” with all Cincinnati teams (pros and college).

-“they’re terrible….(this) is wrong and so is (that)”
-“who cares about the (pick one….Bengals, Reds, Bearcats, Redskins, Musketeers)?”
-“Wyche, Lewis, Paul Brown, Boomer, Anderson, Brooks (etc) is way over rated”

Finally, I just quit hanging out with him. I tried to steer our conversations away from local sports, but he insisted on belittling the teams.

If you think this Bengals team isn’t good (and yes, I agree the best in team history), do us all a favor and huddle with those who don’t want to acknowledge this team’s successes.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 08:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Best team in their history

Yeah, that one evidently sailed right over....

That said, being a 3.5 underdog to KC is just more league slathering on Patty's @%#$, as Burrow has played them 4 times, and won 3 of them. All games decided by 3 points. How in the hell do they come up with the Chefs being favored?
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, that one evidently sailed right over....

That said, being a 3.5 underdog to KC is just more league slathering on Patty's @%#$, as Burrow has played them 4 times, and won 3 of them. All games decided by 3 points. How in the hell do they come up with the Chefs being favored?

Home game. It’d be a tossup at Paycor

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, that one evidently sailed right over....

KC is at home.  If it was at Paycor, the points would swing the other way and we'd be favored by 3-3.5.  That said, doesn't seem to matter to us whether we play there or here.

This line will change back and forth once the season gets under way.

What's strikingly obvious, we like playing KC, no matter where we play them.  The record bares that out.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 06:49 AM)kevin Wrote: Best team in history ???   Show me the NFL Championship Rings, now known as Super Bowl rings. 

I have not looked at the schedule, but do not bet that the Bengals will go 15 wins and 2 losses.  As always, the 6 AFC North games will be tough. The Browns often beat the Bengals, and of course Steelers and Ravens are tough games.  All road games are tough.  

GO BENGALS

Tiger

Add On :  Just saw the schedule.  Browns, Ravens, Rams in September.   Bengals better be ready to win a tough Browns game.  I hope Bengals are good, because in past this would be an 0 for September schedule.  I  do not see an easy schedule of 15 wins and 2 losses, not at all.  Add to it Bengals start October at Tennessee.  I fail to see an easy schedule here.

Nice post, but Din Shula's early 70's Dolphins were omitted. 3 Straight Super Bowls, incluslding back to back wins, and an undefeated season. 

But I think the OP means best Bengals team ever. 
Reply/Quote

Don't forget, Vegas sets the odds, not the NFL..

Edit: Also, in games where teams seem to be about equal strength, the home team gets an automatic 3 point edge.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Chiefs are favored in all 17 games. For games at Burrowhead, only the Eagles have a lower spread at +3.0. At this point all of this means nothing. So far Bengals front office has been pretty aggressive in getting off-season business done and out of the way. Looking forward to getting the two big extensions done soon with possibly others to follow before week one. Hopefully we finally have a normal training camp and preseason so that we get off to a fast start.
Reply/Quote
We only lost 1 game all year regular season and playoffs by more than 3 points- in fact 4 of the 5 losses were on last second field goals. We had the one dud against Cleveland.

Meanwhile- none of our wins came down to a last second field goal and only one game was 3 or less points.

This is a GREAT team. When they win, they usually win comfortably. When they lose, it’s usually a dog fight.
Reply/Quote

Maybe they have inside info and already know that Torbert’s crew will be calling the game again. If so then bet your mortgage on the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:21 AM)Housh Wrote: 15/17 Jeez

Won 12 last year

Why can’t we win 2 more?

Maybe we get a win back like the game against Pitt where Burrow threw the GW to Chase but we missed the XP.

I just don’t wanna see another game end on a sack. I can’t take not even getting a pass off

Sucks thinking that Pitt game cost us the #1 seed in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote

2. Cincinnati Bengals

Post-FA ranking: 2

Most improved: Offensive tackle

Cincinnati made a massive splash in free agency by signing Orlando Brown Jr. as its new left tackle. Last season with Kansas City, Brown was 18th in pass block win rate as a tackle, according to ESPN Analytics. When Jonah Williams was healthy in 2021, he was 50th among 68 qualifying players -- his best finish in three seasons. If Williams slides over to right tackle as the Bengals hope, he could be an upgrade over La'el Collins, who has had availability and durability issues in his career. And improved pass-blocking means more time for QB Joe Burrow in the pocket. -- Ben Baby

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37614290/nfl-power-rankings-2023-32-team-poll-draft?platform=amp

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2023, 10:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: #2

2. Cincinnati Bengals

Post-FA ranking: 2

Most improved: Offensive tackle

Cincinnati made a massive splash in free agency by signing Orlando Brown Jr. as its new left tackle. Last season with Kansas City, Brown was 18th in pass block win rate as a tackle, according to ESPN Analytics. When Jonah Williams was healthy in 2021, he was 50th among 68 qualifying players -- his best finish in three seasons. If Williams slides over to right tackle as the Bengals hope, he could be an upgrade over La'el Collins, who has had availability and durability issues in his career. And improved pass-blocking means more time for QB Joe Burrow in the pocket. -- Ben Baby

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37614290/nfl-power-rankings-2023-32-team-poll-draft?platform=amp

That is ugly to see but backs up with a lot of posters here have been saying for a few seasons, that it is time to move on from him and he is easily replaced.

I'm also kinda surprised to see the Bengals are favorites against the Titans. Not because I think the Titans are a better team, but someone posted the stat already about teams on the road after a Monday night game and how poor they usually perform.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2023, 11:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That is ugly to see but backs up with a lot of posters here have been saying for a few seasons, that it is time to move on from him and he is easily replaced.

I'm also kinda surprised to see the Bengals are favorites against the Titans. Not because I think the Titans are a better team, but someone posted the stat already about teams on the road after a Monday night game and how poor they usually perform.

I didn’t see the stat but fully would expect it. I feel really good about the OL. I feel it’s the secret sauce to this offense EXPLODING . I think we’ve seen it only a few times. The rhythm can hum like a fine tuned Bentley and also explode like a Lamborghini. Joe’s accuracy is incredible. I think his 3rd year with Zac and Brian could be magical. I think Cappa and Karras together their second year, Volson a huge leap in his second year will be huge. Throw in Orlando and someone solid will emerge at RT with the competition propelling it and the OL could be awfully good. I talked to someone there Friday and Myles Murphy he said was the most physically perfect human body he’s ever seen. He’s seen more athletes than there are members of this board.

Special teams got a huge boost all the way around.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2023, 11:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That is ugly to see but backs up with a lot of posters here have been saying for a few seasons, that it is time to move on from him and he is easily replaced.

Time to move on from our best option at RT currently?  Geez.

Historic team records on road after Monday night really doesnt mean anything, it is a silly talking point. Every year the team is different.

Reply/Quote

The Chefs (on purpose) have a great team, no doubt, but I keep reminding people of this:  The betting line is not a prediction of the outcome, rather it is designed to get equal money on both sides of the wager.  The house always gets the juice.  

Do I think the Bengals have a better than 50% chance to win that game?  Sure.  But injuries on either side and heavy wagering on one side will greatly impact that line.

When I read the highlights that Sooner gave, I figured it would be the 49er game and the Ratbird game (on the road, on a short week).  That kind of shocks me.  Ratbirds had the best defense in the NFL last year after getting Roquan Smith.  And unlike SF, they are settled at QB.  Weird.  
Reply/Quote