Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals get screwed, Buffalo wins the SB this year, mark it down.
(01-12-2023, 11:38 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I said right at the beginning that the games aren't outright rigged, just influenced.
If you can look at everything that happens and say "yep, that's totally normal" then good for you, it must be nice to be able to ignore the obvious.
My logical brain won't let me do that.

So what happens if you end up being wrong? Does your brain just explode or do you make another asinine conspiracy post next year? I'm going with option 2. 

You're also ignoring that Buffalo was a superbowl favorite before the season started, continued to all throughout the season, and had the #1 seed prior to the Monday game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 10:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: The NFL has their preferred narratives and while games might not be outright rigged, if you don't think they at least try to influence games then you're naive.  Remember, the year Jerome Bettis announced his retirement, the Steelers won the SB as the 6 seed.

The Bengals have suddenly become the "bad guys" again for no reason, after last season's "Cinderella Story."
and this year the "feel good narrative" will be a SB win for Buffalo for Hamlin.

Mark it down.

What is it with you and your overwhelmingly positive vibes here? It's almost like you think the Bills have zero chance against the juggernaut of the Burrow Express and the league loves and respects the Brown family above all others.  Shocked   oh wait..I may have misconstrued your intent... Smirk  It's not AS IF some shady dealing might happen with billions of dollars on the line intermingled with legalized gambling..  of course not. Football fans are ALWAYS head and shoulders above such shenanigans .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 09:01 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: That's a pretty interesting scenario, and not to quibble but it would be the 41st anniversary plus a week or two since the Freezer Bowl game was played 1/10/82. For the Chargers to play in the AFC championship in Cincinnati they would have to beat Jacksonville and Kansas City while the Bengals beat the Ravens and then Buffalo at a neutral site unless Miami upsets them (if that happens I would walk around East St. Louis with a sign around my neck saying "Free sex."). 

For the NFC, there's also a fairly good chance the 49ers could make it even with a rookie quarterback since the Fleagles seem pretty banged up, Minnesota isn't all that, and the Cowboys are ... well, the Cowboys. 

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Yeah, it sucks they have virtually no chance.  I was thinking if I was their coach I would try to catch Buffalo wiith the Chaos Hammer (thank you, Ted Lasso) and come out with two TE, and run the wildcat with direct snaps to their RB and have a FB and RB flank him. At the very least, it would reduce possessions and maybe Buffalo would be caught unable to stop it.  All they would need is 4 ypc.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 12:58 AM)TheFan Wrote: So what happens if you end up being wrong? ....

If I'm wrong it just means one team was able to overcome the "influence."  (Blow out, etc)
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 10:39 AM)Tomkat Wrote: If I'm wrong it just means one team was able to overcome the "influence."  (Blow out, etc)

So in your mind there's no way for your opinion to be wrong, even if it's proved wrong by the Bills not winning? 
Reply/Quote