Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals get to laugh after today
(01-17-2016, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Peyton almost has a 2:1 INT to TD ratio this year.  I hope he pulls it together, but I'm not holding my breath.

The rest might have done him some good.  We will see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One time I saw five men making out in the park. Was the gayest thing I ever saw until this thread.
Reply/Quote
This will be another ugly game.    

I just wonder how many bullets the steelers have left in the chamber.

Bryant needed to be told via the media to work hard. Brown made him work hard last week.

I just don't see how you can count on a guy like this who is obviously not self motivated.

For as much as I can't stand him. Antonio Brown is a self motivated guy who works his tail off. He makes that offense go. When you take him away the offense struggles. We found out that bell is replaceable this year. I would be shocked if brown can be replaced.

This also goes into next year will teams target brown with hard hits because of how little he is ....
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This will be another ugly game.    

I just wonder how many bullets the steelers have left in the chamber.

No Burfict to blame this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:19 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No Burfict to blame this game.

Trust me burfict gets mentioned multiple times today as the reason the steelers lose.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:10 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: One time I saw five men making out in the park. Was the gayest thing I ever saw until this thread.

You should close your eyes when you kiss.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trust me burfict gets mentioned multiple times today as the reason the steelers lose.

I know, but if the Steelers do anything dirty they can't blame him.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:23 PM)bonesaw Wrote: You should close your eyes when you kiss.  

Thread is still a class act of homosexuality, my preferences aside.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trust me burfict gets mentioned multiple times today as the reason the steelers lose.

This will happen. They will paint the Bengals as a dirty team by mentioning last week's game without bringing up how the NFL swept Shazier's blatant crown-of-the-helmet to Gio's face hit under the rug and the B.S. Porter pulled. Nope, they'll just talk about how Adam Jones (they'll refer to him as PacMan) and Burfict are the dirtiest, cheapest players in the NFL and how Burfict ruined any chance of Pitt winning the super bowl, it'll be a real treat to listen to.

The media, all week, has been raving about how "tough" Big Ben is, and what a monumental man he is for being able to play through pain, ('cause we all know he's the only player in the NFL that is able to play through an injury) which is making me kinda nervous, like the NFL is setting everyone up for another "magical" Steelers run. 

With this being the 50th Anniversary of the Super Bowl, you know the NFL wants one of their Darling teams to claim the trophy for marketing purposes and there is no larger fan base than what either Pitt or NE has. They stand to make a lot of money with a Pats vs Steelers AFC Championship...with that said, Peyton Manning has a large fan base himself, so a Peyton vs Brady AFC bout has a lot of appeal too. Either way, the Pats are winning the super bowl again, by more than likely beating the Panthers like they did in '04. 
Reply/Quote
Boy we have a friendly bunch here, don't we? You'd think a Steeler hate thread would go over better on a Bengals message board.

I'm pretty sure Bengals players and fans always get a little joy when the Steelers lose. OP didn't say that it would make up for our playoff loss, but it sure doesn't hurt.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

IF they lose, I certainly hope the announcers point out the lose is due to Burfict and the Bengals. I wouldn't go making wild predictions though, afterall, the refs seem to always have the Steeler's backs....
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Boy we have a friendly bunch here, don't we? You'd think a Steeler hate thread would go over better on a Bengals message board.

I'm pretty sure Bengals players and fans always get a little joy when the Steelers lose. OP didn't say that it would make up for our playoff loss, but it sure doesn't hurt.

x2

Thank you for being the rationale voice of reason here. Geeesh. How does such a simple theme get so lost lol
Reply/Quote
I like when the Steelers lose. Comparing it to a Bengals win, though, they aren't even close. OP asserted its almost as good when they lose as when we win. I don't get it. To me it just seems like something to settle for. Do I hope they lose today? Sure. Will it actually make me happy? Not really, it just won't make upset like when the Steelers win. That's not even CLOSE to the same feeling as the bengals winning.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 03:00 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: I like when the Steelers lose. Comparing it to a Bengals win, though, they aren't even close. OP asserted its almost as good when they lose as when we win. I don't get it. To me it just seems like something to settle for. Do I hope they lose today? Sure. Will it actually make me happy? Not really, it just won't make upset like when the Steelers win. That's not even CLOSE to the same feeling as the bengals winning.

Agree.  I want them to lose, but it doesn't take away the sting of our loss.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:48 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't believe they can win today unless the officials go all out to get it done for them.

For the sake of argument, let's say there actually is some weird league conspiracy to write any kind of script for the playoffs.

I would think Manning going out on top would be a better story than the black and piss getting to yet another SB.  One more Brady/Manning would probably be a lot more compelling.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 03:02 PM)McC Wrote: For the sake of argument, let's say there actually is some weird league conspiracy to write any kind of script for the playoffs.

I would think Manning going out on top would be a better story than the black and piss getting to yet another SB.  One more Brady/Manning would probably be a lot more compelling.

I agree.  I just don't think they have any prayer of winning without help.  I don't think they will necessarily get that help today.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 03:04 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I agree.  I just don't think they have any prayer of winning without help.  I don't think they will necessarily get that help today.

I don't believe they're conspiracies, I just think they're bad at calling games because the NFL has made both illegal hits and catches very difficult to understand. And that particular ref crew sucks that we had last week.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 07:40 AM)Whacked Wrote: No Brown
No win for the STOOLERS
The best part is the STOOLERS will know that ultimately it was the Bengals and Bufict that disallowed them to advance.  
Bwahahaahaa
Good
A STOOLERS loss is always just about as nice as a Bengals win.
Ha! Go home beetches

Fatdrunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son
Reply/Quote
[Image: 12472666_10208328500675255_3612237014230...e=570976D6]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 03:02 PM)McC Wrote: For the sake of argument, let's say there actually is some weird league conspiracy to write any kind of script for the playoffs.

Not a conspiracist usually. But do buy into the fact that the NFL wants certain (more marketable) teams to win.

Believe it is driven from billions made in TV ratings.

Yet agree with you and feel the same way about them not wanting to hose Manning either. 

Think the NFL TV ratings wins either way with Manning/Brady or a pittsburgh/NE match up. 

Expecting a well officiated game that allows the best team to win. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote