Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals go from 1st place schedule to last place schedule?
Will it make a difference in 2024/2025?

Our division is tough, we have to fix going 1-5 in the AFCN regardless, but we lose three 2023 first place AFC teams and gain three 2023 last place teams.

Could schedule and a healthy Burrow possibly propel us to #1 seed in AFC?

Can we go from last to 1st in AFCN again?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Healthy Burrow more important, with him we beat the first place schedule too.
Reply/Quote
it'll never be an easy schedule due to the afc north. But on top of that, they have to face KC in KC, and the chargers should be a playoff team. And then you have the Cowboys and Eagles?

even with the patriots and Titans, it's an extremely difficult schedule.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
It’s three games and with the way teams move up and down it’s not a certain advantage. New England will still probably be pretty bad though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 07:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it'll never be an easy schedule due to the afc north. But on top of that, they have to face KC in KC, and the chargers should be a playoff team. And then you have the Cowboys and Eagles?

even with the patriots and Titans, it's an extremely difficult schedule.

It’s too early to call but I don’t think Baltimore drafting late and cap space issues will be as strong. Very very good but not quite as strong.

Pittsburg is 16 million over the cap. I don’t see a lot of FA signings. It’ll be interesting to watch the Picket/Rudolph situation. I’m sure Tribisky is cut. My Okie State buddy who knows Mason speculates Tomlin wants Rudolph but Mgt Pickett. A tweet said there was internal strife over it. But a QB controversy won’t help them.

Cleveland has a lot of free agents nobody major but they are 20 million over the cap. Their roster is going to change regardless.

KC has to deal with Chris Jones & L’Jarius Sneed. They also can’t be happy with their tackles. They have some cap room but I think Spagnola saved them this year. I don’t think they retain Sneed.

Buffalo is screwed they won’t be better.

Things are setting up nicely but we’ve got to fix DT w/ Reader likely not ready and RT. I think they get a decent RT in FA and re-sign DJ. I think with so many tackles in this draft they draft one at one. I think we move up in the second round and swap picks plus give up a few with our expected compensatory additions. It’s because they do want a very good TE or RB or DT depending on what happens in FA
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 08:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Mostly unrelated tangent... Is there anyone in the NFL more overrated than OBJ? Last reached 600 receiving yards in a season 5 years ago.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 08:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
It’s too early to call but I don’t think Baltimore drafting late and cap space issues will be as strong. Very very good but not quite as strong.

Pittsburg is 16 million over the cap. I don’t see a lot of FA signings. It’ll be interesting to watch the Picket/Rudolph situation. I’m sure Tribisky is cut. My Okie State buddy who knows Mason speculates Tomlin wants Rudolph but Mgt Pickett. A tweet said there was internal strife over it. But a QB controversy won’t help them.

Cleveland has a lot of free agents nobody major but they are 20 million over the cap. Their roster is going to change regardless.

KC has to deal with Chris Jones & L’Jarius Sneed. They also can’t be happy with their tackles. They have some cap room but I think Spagnola saved them this year. I don’t think they retain Sneed.

Buffalo is screwed they won’t be better.

Things are setting up nicely but we’ve got to fix DT w/ Reader likely not ready and RT. I think they get a decent RT in FA and re-sign DJ. I think with so many tackles in this draft they draft one at one. I think we move up in the second round and swap picks plus give up a few with our expected compensatory additions. It’s because they do want a very good TE or RB or DT depending on what happens in FA

oh I know cincy with a healthy burrow is 10 wins at the very least, but steelers will be 9-8 or 10-7, Ravens will be regular season studs per usual, and the browns will give cincy a tough time like always.

if the steelers hire Vrabel next year(they already hired his former OC), the division gets even tougher

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 08:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mostly unrelated tangent... Is there anyone in the NFL more overrated than OBJ? Last reached 600 receiving yards in a season 5 years ago.

Nobody is as overrated as OBJ.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 08:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mostly unrelated tangent... Is there anyone in the NFL more overrated than OBJ? Last reached 600 receiving yards in a season 5 years ago.

His whole reputation is based on half a rookie season and one spectacular catch. Having said that, he was cooking the Bengals in the Super Bowl before he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 09:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: oh I know cincy with a healthy burrow is 10 wins at the very least, but steelers will be 9-8 or 10-7, Ravens will be regular season studs per usual, and the browns will give cincy a tough time like always.

if the steelers hire Vrabel next year(they already hired his former OC), the division gets even tougher

The Ravens have a similar schedule as us. It’ll be the two of us.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 09:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Ravens have a similar schedule as us. It’ll be the two of us.

dont be surprised if pittsburgh makes the playoffs

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 09:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: dont be surprised if pittsburgh makes the playoffs

I won’t be surprised either way but I think there’s too much drama for once in Pittsburg. Tomlin and Mgt are at odds on the QB situation. QB controversies ruin everything. If Pitt struggles early it’ll go south quickly

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 10:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I won’t be surprised either way but I think there’s too much drama for once in Pittsburg. Tomlin and Mgt are at odds on the QB situation. QB controversies ruin everything. If Pitt struggles early it’ll go south quickly

I hope they resolve it because I want tomlin there forever

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 10:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I hope they resolve it because I want tomlin there forever

Vrabel will be much worse. His taskmaster coaching style isn’t working anymore. Ron Carthon is a tremendous person and Vrabel couldn’t get along with him.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 10:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I hope they resolve it because I want tomlin there forever

Vrabel will be much worse. His taskmaster coaching style isn’t working anymore. Ron Carthon is a tremendous person and Vrabel couldn’t get along with him.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 10:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Vrabel will be much worse. His taskmaster coaching style isn’t working anymore. Ron Carthon is a tremendous person and Vrabel couldn’t.

Vrabel is a terrific head coach. You need to relax with the bad takes

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 09:22 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: His whole reputation is based on half a rookie season and one spectacular catch. Having said that, he was cooking the Bengals in the Super Bowl before he got hurt.

He was up there with Julio jones as the best receiver in the nfl from 2014-2016. OBJ was legitimately one of the best receivers I had ever seen. Go watch some highlights from 14-16, you might think you are watching Chase out there.

At the time, his 95.9 yards per game over his first 3 years was the best in NFL history.

His “one spectacular catch” was ridiculous, but you are seriously discrediting how talented he was pre injuries.

To put this in perspective:
OBJ first 3 seasons (43 games)- 288, 4122, 35
Jamar first 3 seasons (45 games) - 268, 3717, 29

It really stinks OBJ had injuries, he was setting up to have an all time career.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 11:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Vrabel is a terrific head coach. You need to relax with the bad takes

I’d agree. He did a lot with Ryan tannehill and no receivers to speak of. Of course they had Derrick Henry… but they had tannehil.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 11:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Vrabel is a terrific head coach. You need to relax with the bad takes

I didn’t say he wasn’t a great coach. I said his coaching style is not in vogue. Why do you think so many shied away? He was 6-18 in his last 24 games. End of story and couldn’t get along. End of story x 2

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 11:57 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’d agree.  He did a lot with Ryan tannehill and no receivers to speak of.  Of course they had Derrick Henry… but they had tannehil.

he had AJ Brown but yeah. Built up a great defense, team played hard for him, established an identity with the run game, and had Tannehill playing like a pro bowler. He's going straight to pittsburgh after next season. The fact that no team has picked him up as a HC is criminal. I dont want a Vrabel led steelers team at all

Reply/Quote