Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals going in the wrong direction?
Jeff Ruby is clearly a hater.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wyche Wrote:When you have local business men trashing you on social media.....you'd think it would be a wake up call.  Not to the delusional waterheads.  If I were Jeff, I'd be pissed too.  He, and others, developed the waterfront with the thought of catching some of the game day crowds as big business days.  The Reds attendance is already subpar, if the Bungals follow suit and have an empty stadium, it could theoretically hurt their business down there.  I'm glad to see Jeff call them out, to be honest.  Kudos.....about time someone with a platform did.

Agreed, I've been thinking the last few days that Who Dey Revolution may need to make a comeback 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jeff Ruby is clearly a hater.

Good!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jeff Ruby is clearly a hater.

I am too now, I guess......it's good to be back home.....and......homers gonna home. Wink

(03-10-2017, 12:48 PM)nkets Wrote: Agreed, I've been thinking the last few days that Who Dey Revolution may need to make a comeback 

Don't know if it'd help, but I'm all for it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:15 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: This was posted by Jeff Ruby this morning on his Twitter account. What do you think?

[Image: XcoHtSj.jpg]

OMG! This is totally brand new information!!!!!  Mellow
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:50 PM)Interceptor Wrote: OMG! This is totally brand new information!!!!!  Mellow

The information is not pertinent, so much as who is putting it out there......local business men (a successful one in this case), are firing shots at Mike Clown.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:37 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: When you have local business men trashing you on social media.....you'd think it would be a wake up call.  Not to the delusional waterheads.  If I were Jeff, I'd be pissed too.  He, and others, developed the waterfront with the thought of catching some of the game day crowds as big business days.  The Reds attendance is already subpar, if the Bungals follow suit and have an empty stadium, it could theoretically hurt their business down there.  I'm glad to see Jeff call them out, to be honest.  Kudos.....about time someone with a platform did.

Need more people with some weight behind them to do the same. Let's call it what it is. The brown family is the least deserving of any owners in the NFL. They have literally done nothing but stick their hands out and say thank you daddy.

Waiting the typical 'mikes actually a great business man' bs we always here around here when this stuff comes up. Take that shit elsewhere you self loathing ******. The city /NFL need to force them to sell the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The information is not pertinent, so much as who is putting it out there......local business men (a successful one in this case), are firing shots at Mike Clown.

Ever wonder what the selling price would be? Or at least the cost of buying the smallest possible amount of majority owenership?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ever wonder what the selling price would be?  Or at least the cost of buying the smallest possible amount of majority owenership?

They're too stubborn to sell..... Sad

Reply/Quote
Wyche Wrote:Don't know if it'd help, but I'm all for it.

Probably wouldn't do much but some added exposure never hurt. The urinal stunt in PBS back in 08 was priceless
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can he buy the team?

Winner!  I wish they would sell it.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Cincy should sue. The county paid to be competitive, hold the Browns accountable. .. I hate greedy rich people tbh...
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:15 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: This was posted by Jeff Ruby this morning on his Twitter account. What do you think?

I think he seriously overcharges for his steaks....
Reply/Quote
He is correct !

Off season checklist:

Do nothing to aid Offensive line, and in fact get worse - check

Sign bottom feeder FA or two -

Resign and/or retain aging not that good players -
(Peko, Maualuga, Hunt)

Retain A. Jones, despite him being a POS -

This team will be luck to repeat the 6 wins of last season.
Reply/Quote
They have been going in the wrong direction for a few years now, even though 2015 was probably their best chance to win it all like 2005 was. And it all points to how they have been drafting since 2012 or so as they just cant draft enough major talent anymore to be a difference maker.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:02 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Cincy should sue. The county paid to be competitive, hold the Browns accountable. .. I hate greedy rich people tbh...

Dumb idea looking at our last 5 years record
That ship sailed long ago
Issue though is I see no urgency ever to win now and by win now I say lift the Lombardi
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:59 PM)nkets Wrote: Probably wouldn't do much but some added exposure never hurt. The urinal stunt in PBS back in 08 was priceless

That was a pisser of an idea. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am alarmed. I just upgraded my season tickets to the club with family for 8 seats in the club. My message to MB and Bengals is lose in 2017 and My group is done, no more season tickets.

Ruby nailed it

You're "alarmed"? NOW? Just now you became alarmed? This is what woke you up from your trance? An old left tackle and decent right guard leaving for a ton of cash? THAT is the last straw for you?

And you UPGRADED?!?!?! Why would you do that? YOU'RE BUYING JUNK STOCK LOW and then went and asked for more at a higher price? 

Picturing you and your family discussing this around your annual ENRON stock portfolio meeting. "You know what guys? Here's a great idea..." (dramatically scratches chin)... "Lets pay way more money and get better seats to watch this dumpster fire of hot garbage really melt down. I want to smell the stink from the best seats possible. That's the best way I can think of to, you know, encourage Bengals ownership to strive and make changes for the better. After all, nothing says "change things" to a company like having it's patrons spending MORE money! And hell, those $10 ice cream sundaes that only club members get to buy that taste like soft serve from a Chinese buffet.... damn, mama, those look so dang goooooood!"

People re-upping their season tickets with Marvin still serving as the HC are part of the problem. People re-upping AND UPGRADING are out and out sabotaging the organization by feeding Mike Brown money and reinforcing his notion that the people of Cincinnati will eat whatever poop he shovels them as long as it's in an orange and black helmet.

Now you're alarmed. That's hilarious!  Hilarious

PS: Jeff Ruby didn't write that. he posted it off of ESPN from his twitter account.
Reply/Quote
Some of what is hurting this team is drafting players and then letting them waste away on the bench until they have to make a decision on them. Work them in earlier. You can practice and watch all the tape you want, nothing prepares you better than on field experience.

On the offensive side, they seem more likely to give a player some reps, but they still have guys like Burkhead who they suddenly realize they should keep and give more playing time.
Reply/Quote
#DrainTheSwamp
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote