Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals got you down? Root on the Dodgers with me!
So I started watching the Dodgers when I was 8. That's when I picked my teams.

I picked the Pistons in Basketball (3 championships)
The Penguins as I'm from Pittsburgh area and they were on TV a lot (5 championships)
The Dodgers as I had a glove with Kirk Gibson's signature in it. (1 championship)
And the Bengals at football as I told my dad that I liked the team with 'the orange helmets'. What a disastrous experience.

At any rate, the Dodgers were last in the World Series in 1988! A championship for them would exercise some of my sports demons. Then it will only be the Bengals that need to win one!

Even if you aren't a baseball fan...cheer on the Dodgers with me!

They have the best pitcher in baseball who basically cried during an interview about going to the World Series that he was so excited.

They have some good young hitters.
Reply/Quote
Houston. All day.

**** the Dodgers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Houston. All day.

**** the Dodgers.

This......sorry PISTONS..... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Wink

I will say though, watched the 'stros/Jays series in July and I declared then and there, that they would meet the Dodgers in the WS.

First time in my life I've correctly guessed the WS teams Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Houston. All day.

**** the Dodgers.

Always liked you Truck lmao! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wink

I will say though, watched the 'stros/Jays series in July and I declared then and there, that they would meet the Dodgers in the WS.

First time in my life I've correctly guessed the WS teams Big Grin

Good call!  I can't believe how much the 'stros have improved over the last couple seasons.

Reply/Quote
**** the Dodgers, Astros, and more importantly the, Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
'stros are actually my third least-favourite team in the majors; hate them with a passion.

But, they have McCann, Gattis (love both guys) and the Springer/Altuve/Correa connection, which has had a phenomenal year.

That and because they were my pick to win, I'm riding with them.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 'stros are actually my third least-favourite team in the majors; hate them with a passion.

But, they have McCann, Gattis (love both guys) and the Springer/Altuve/Correa connection, which has had a phenomenal year.

That and because they were my pick to win, I'm riding with them.

I generally root for an underdog story, and this is definitely one of those.....

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:45 PM)jason Wrote: **** the Dodgers, Astros, and more importantly the, Bengals.

...And every player to ever suit up for the Detroit Pistons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:54 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I generally root for an underdog story, and this is definitely one of those.....

In June of 2014, the cover of Sports Illustrated proclaimed the Astros to be the 2017 World Series champions.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:13 PM)jason Wrote: In June of 2014, the cover of Sports Illustrated proclaimed the Astros to be the 2017 World Series champions.

No shit?  Wow......someone is feeling pretty Nostradamish right now.....

Reply/Quote
[Image: MV5BNDY2YjgyZGMtMWY2Zi00ZmQ5LTg0YjgtNjYy...68_AL_.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 7T8Miqi.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
You guys are creating bad karma for the Bengals. They're probably typing up Marvin's extension right now!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I started watching the Dodgers when I was 8. That's when I picked my teams.

I picked the Pistons in Basketball (3 championships)
The Penguins as I'm from Pittsburgh area and they were on TV a lot (5 championships)
The Dodgers as I had a glove with Kirk Gibson's signature in it. (1 championship)
And the Bengals at football as I told my dad that I liked the team with 'the orange helmets'. What a disastrous experience.

At any rate, the Dodgers were last in the World Series in 1988! A championship for them would exercise some of my sports demons. Then it will only be the Bengals that need to win one!

Even if you aren't a baseball fan...cheer on the Dodgers with me!

They have the best pitcher in baseball who basically cried during an interview about going to the World Series that he was so excited.

They have some good young hitters.

I became a Dodger fan at the age of 10.  It was 1977 and the WS was about to start.  Mom wanted the Yankees to win, so I cheered for the Dodgers.  Then again in 1978.  After two losses I finally got to see a WS win in '81, and it was all the sweeter because it came against the Yankees.  When Gibson hit the homer in game one of the '88 series, they probably heard me yelling all the way out in Chavez Ravine.  

It's a fact that the Bengals have been to the SB only after the Dodgers have won the WS the preceding fall.  So, if you're a Bengal fan it only makes sense to want them to win the WS.  But, only visionaries like you and me can see that* ThumbsUp

And, **** the Astros.  They belong in the National League, ffs.  

*In no way do I actually believe the Dodgers winning the world series will have any positive effect whatsoever on this crap team that has 6-10 written all over it.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:57 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: I became a Dodger fan at the age of 10.  It was 1977 and the WS was about to start.  Mom wanted the Yankees to win, so I cheered for the Dodgers.  Then again in 1978.  After two losses I finally got to see a WS win in '81, and it was all the sweeter because it came against the Yankees.  When Gibson hit the homer in game one of the '88 series, they probably heard me yelling all the way out in Chavez Ravine.  

It's a fact that the Bengals have been to the SB only after the Dodgers have won the WS the preceding fall.  So, if you're a Bengal fan it only makes sense to want them to win the WS.  But, only visionaries like you and me can see that* ThumbsUp

And, **** the Astros.  They belong in the National League, ffs.

*In no way do I actually believe the Dodgers winning the world series will have any positive effect whatsoever on this crap team that has 6-10 written all over it.  
SO this.

I hated the move, personally.
Reply/Quote
Lmao TLL. Hilarious

But yeah, if the Dodgers were going against the Yankees i would root for the Dodgers ha
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lmao TLL. Hilarious

But yeah, if the Dodgers were going against the Yankees i would root for the Dodgers ha

Beyond the Shadow of a Doubt.

The only sports franchise i detest more than the Stoolers, is the Yankees.
Reply/Quote
Dear mods: can we please get this embarrassing thread moved to the PROPER forum?

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote