Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have a chance to help push wobbling Big Ben to a retirement decision.
(10-10-2017, 12:40 PM)sonofstat Wrote: ..just about got to the end of the original post!

Ben is a drama queen.  Until I seem him getting pounded into the turf by Lawson , Geno  , Burfict whoever and losing I'll still assume for us he will always turn up.

On that note I'm glad we are not playing them this week to give them a chance of a bounce back- we get the bye and he gets a tough road visit to KC...hopefully another loss, plenty of QB pressure and another Brown meltdown will soften him up even  more
Ben is a drama queen and it seems like he's always spouting out bullshit like this, but, as others have pointed out, this seems different.  He just seems deflated and unenergetic, and maybe this Le'Veon Bell and Brown shit is weighing on him too much.

If they lose the next two, especially if our line gets to him a lot, I see him just completely giving up on the season.

Maybe he wants to concentrate on just being a husband and trying to raise a family and raping chicks in bar bathrooms.

(10-10-2017, 12:55 PM)depthchart Wrote: Leveon was yet another distraction as you mention.

Thing is, the Bengals get them out of a Bye week and very possibly after a loss to the Chiefs.

Dagger in the Heart opportunity to Pile On more negativity and fuel the fires of division in the Steeler's locker room.

Golden opportunity....

Bengals have struggled since 1990 after the bye and it's been 50-50 under Lewis on whether they show up the week after the bye, so let's just hope that this momentum will have the team fired up and a Steelers loss in KC will have this team thinking that they can just destroy them because, given the way we're playing, we can.
Reply/Quote
They are starting to remind me of the bengals when Chad turned into Ocho and Palmer was getting disgruntled which is frickin awesome lolol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 02:50 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: They are starting to remind me of the bengals when Chad turned into Ocho and Palmer was getting disgruntled which is frickin awesome lolol

Awesome is right.

I was stoked watching NFL Redzone and seeing Jaguar pick sixes of Big Ben.

They won the Division in 2016 with that arm reach across the goal line by Brown. Immaculate extension.

Barely won it then against the Ravens.

Any doubts in Big Ben's mind opens the door.

Bengals have to fight through that door.

I want to see more of Antonio Brown's inner Diva, then see Big Ben body slam him in disgust during a game while Tomlin looks on.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are the perfect opportunity for the Steelers to look alive again... and hey, if they don't we will just throw a few flags at Cinci and everyone will turn a blind eye. Ninja
Reply/Quote
More than beating the steelers is making all their fans cry.
Reply/Quote
As a fan in a typically one sided rivalry, I'd like to see the Bengals be able to kick the Steelers hard while they are going through some internal strife. However, the way these scenarios typically play out is that having a week to remedy the situation, the Steelers will come out on the Bengals looking like world beaters.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 03:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As a fan in a typically one sided rivalry, I'd like to see the Bengals be able to kick the Steelers hard while they are going through some internal strife.  However, the way these scenarios typically play out is that having a week to remedy the situation, the Steelers will come out on the Bengals looking like world beaters.

It usually works out that way, however, Ben is putting up numbers in various categories that are his worst since 2006 & 2008.

The Bengals defense gave Rodgers trouble and will get their shot at Ben.

Time for the Bengals to earn it or go back to suckling the Hind teet.
                                                                                                  [/url][url=https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=suckling+piglet&id=CAF197122D26A8115CB39D46C9C76E205B233912&FORM=IQFRBA][Image: th?id=OIP.C8Jrayt56MHYII44uW92fgEsEY&w=1...d=3.1&rm=2]
Reply/Quote
We just need to come out focused and play aggressively. Also keep our heads as the last couple of years we've had players losing control and that can't happen anymore.
Reply/Quote
When have we come off a bye looking good? (Under M. Lewis).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 04:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: We just need to come out focused and play aggressively. Also keep our heads as the last couple of years we've had players losing control and that can't happen anymore.

good point...whatever happens I don't want to see this - nothing will get the steelers (and their fans united again) like seeing a boneheaded outburst from Pacman.  If we have not learnt that from 2015 then there is truly no hope for this team
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 05:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When have we come off a bye looking good? (Under M. Lewis).

5-7-1 nothing to brag about, but not a sure indicator that they'll be flat.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 07:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 5-7-1 nothing to brag about, but not a sure indicator that they'll be flat.

5-8-1 overall (after a 1-4 start)
3-3 under Dalton/Marv
1-0 against Pitt under Dalton/Marv

4-2 all time vs Pitt after a bye

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I love all the misery those $%^&*() suffer!!!!!

Watch out for the mass exodus of Stooler fans, where oh where will they go?!?!?!?! Biggest bandwagon fan base in the world!

I’ve never met one single Stooler fan from Shitsburgh or Pennsylvania period. You always get that yeah my dad’s uncle’s cousin’s wife’s grandpa was a steel worker there and turned me into a fan as a kid. Sure, right........... Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Let's just beat the Steelers first before we envision the Bengals demolishing their franchise and sending them into a nosedive. Also, Pig Ben and Dalton have both put up 0 TD 5 turnover games this year and we are declaring one of them to be a top 10 QB and the other one to be on death's doorstep.

All I'm saying is that we've been predicting the downfall of the Steelers for years. Let's just win first and then worry about how sweet their implosion will be.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 08:06 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I love all the misery those $%^&*() suffer!!!!!

Watch out for the mass exodus of Stooler fans, where oh where will they go?!?!?!?! Biggest bandwagon fan base in the world!

I’ve never met one single Stooler fan from Shitsburgh or Pennsylvania period. You always get that yeah my dad’s uncle’s cousin’s wife’s grandpa was a steel worker there and turned me into a fan as a kid. Sure, right...........  Rolleyes

I've met one.  He was actually a pretty fair and intelligent fan, not like the bandwagon jumpers who want to root for a team with a "tough" image.  He actually went to a lot of games in the '70's.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 08:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: I've met one.  He was actually a pretty fair and intelligent fan, not like the bandwagon jumpers who want to root for a team with a "tough" image.  He actually went to a lot of games in the '70's.  

Oh I am sure the people from there are true fans, but because I have never been there my encounters involve local bandwagoners from the Cinci area, bandwagoners attending the game at PBS, and bandwagoners online.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 08:29 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Oh I am sure the people from there are true fans, but because I have never been there my encounters involve local bandwagoners from the Cinci area, bandwagoners attending the game at PBS, and bandwagoners online.

I went to one steeler game at Pittsburgh (the 2011 game where we got destroyed something like 35-7 and The Rapist and Whines Hard set franchise records   Whatever)... And the one saving grace of that day was that every single Steeler fan I met was as cool as can be. They were nothing like the typical buck-toothed, fat f***s you encounter all over the country. There was some good natured ribbing, sure. But that was it: good natured. Not a hint of arrogance or straight up douchebaggery.

And a few of them were realistic and straight up honest and said they "never travel well". I was told you'll "rarely see any steeler fan here anywhere else, aside from maybe philly and Cincy. You'll never see a real steeler fan in Seattle". Pretty much verbatim from what I remember.

The steeler fans you see all over the country are the bandwagoners. That was great to hear... And in a way, I kinda felt bad for the Pittsburgh native fans. The vast majority of the steeler fanbase are the @$$holes we all know and hate, by default painting them in a bad light.  
Reply/Quote
Back to conspiracy theory land and my idea that perhaps the league might just be eyeballing a great story line for us. 50th anniversary, terrible start, turn on the jets while the crybabies are in definite decline and crying nonstop losing favor all over the league. 
We might just get gifted our long awaited championship..if you want to toss in some more league riggery reasons how about the fact no Bengals player has "taken the knee" that I know of this season which could play into league fuckery.. (not that I think the league would exploit anything for ratings..heaven forbid ..lol)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
5-8-1 only spells one thing "we're due for a win", otherwise shows lack of something. You'd hope/think after a bye a team's record would be better than that.

Marvin or not, statistically, Bengals are 2nd worst all time after a bye (so many bad years in there, lol):
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trend/win_trends/is_after_bye?range=yearly_all
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 08:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I went to one steeler game at Pittsburgh (the 2011 game where we got destroyed something like 35-7 and The Rapist and Whines Hard set franchise records   Whatever)... And the one saving grace of that day was that every single Steeler fan I met was as cool as can be. They were nothing like the typical buck-toothed, fat f***s you encounter all over the country. There was some good natured ribbing, sure. But that was it: good natured. Not a hint of arrogance or straight up douchebaggery.

And a few of them were realistic and straight up honest and said they "never travel well". I was told you'll "rarely see any steeler fan here anywhere else, aside from maybe philly and Cincy. You'll never see a real steeler fan in Seattle". Pretty much verbatim from what I remember.

The steeler fans you see all over the country are the bandwagoners. That was great to hear... And in a way, I kinda felt bad for the Pittsburgh native fans. The vast majority of the steeler fanbase are the @$$holes we all know and hate, by default painting them in a bad light.  

I'm glad to hear you say this, as I'm going to Pittsburgh for the game in a couple weeks. The Steeler fans that I've encountered besides my friends (in Virginia) are arrogant douches.

I'll be with my buddies (Steeler fans), so they'll have my back, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous going up there with a Bengals Jersey on
Reply/Quote