Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have a chance to help push wobbling Big Ben to a retirement decision.
I go to the Steeler game at Heinz every year. My brother-in-law and I do a 'home and home' weekend every season. When they play here, the routine is their family stays at the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, I come pick him up for the game. In Pgh, we stay down at the waterfront and take a boat over to the stadium. Been doing that for the last 6-7 seasons.
I can say that I've never had a problem with Pgh fans. They've always been pretty cool and friendly. (Baltimore fans, different story.) Maybe its a rule there that they have to leave you alone if you're with one of them.
Reply/Quote
Has the league figured out what it is going to suspend Burfict for prior to this game to make certain that little bennie can be safe out there on the field?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:14 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Has the league figured out what it is going to suspend Burfict for prior to this game to make certain that little bennie can be safe out there on the field?

On the game ending INT play last week, the intended Buffalo receiver appeared to run right into Burfict and the dude was de-cleated from it. Burfict immediately threw his hands up like "I DIDNT DO IT!" And he's right, he didn't... But will the league so it that way? Doubtful. 

And based on his previous suspension where he did nothing but merely hit a guy too hard, I'm expecting him to be suspended for Steeler game at the very least. I predict it will be this Sunday.  Whatever 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:22 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I'm glad to hear you say this, as I'm going to Pittsburgh for the game in a couple weeks.  The Steeler fans that I've encountered besides my friends (in Virginia) are arrogant douches.  

I'll be with my buddies (Steeler fans), so they'll have my back, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous going up there with a Bengals Jersey on

I'm sure you'll be fine. 

Granted, that was the one and only time I've ever been to Pittsburgh and it's certainly possible I just got lucky with the fans that day but still, you'll be fine if you just ignore the @$$holes and mingle with the cool ones. 

I've been to a few other games and there's generally no issues. Sure, there's the occasional scuffle amongst the drunk shitheads but that provides some in-between plays entertainment and the best part: they're thrown out once security arrives. 

I truly believe you get what you give. Just be respectful and you'll have no issues... Except for Buffalo  Whatever I was there for the bengals game in 2007 and I'm lucky I escaped without being arrested trying to defend myself from those jagoffs. Those hordes of miserable punks are the worst fans imaginable. They seem to hate the Bengals more than any team in their division (lord knows why). 

I tried to be friendly, didn't once egg anybody on... And still had trash flying in my direction all game long, caught a punch to my arm (fat chick thought she was being cool  Whatever), I saw a grown man dump his beer into a small child's face (the boy was wearing a bengals shirt and bengals hard hat, walking out of the stadium holding his mother's hand when it happened), I was called countless obscenities...

I almost went after a guy on the way out of the stadium. We just got killed by a terrible Bills team, Chad looked like he may have broken his neck. Simply put, I was in no damn mood. So this short, pudgy dude screamed "Bengals suck you little f***ot!" at me from his tailgate area. I spun around and immediately tore after him (I was seeing red at this point) when he ran back to his gang of bigger buddies. Thankfully my group of friends grabbed me before anything serious happened... 

Anyway, before I go off on another tangent: Pittsburgh is fine. Avoid Buffalo like the plague. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 03:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think the Bengals are the perfect opportunity for the Steelers to look alive again... and hey, if they don't we will just throw a few flags at Cinci and everyone will turn a blind eye. Ninja

Just ask the Patriots. "We're on to Cincinnati".

(10-10-2017, 07:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 5-8-1 overall (after a 1-4 start)
3-3 under Dalton/Marv
1-0 against Pitt under Dalton/Marv

4-2 all time vs Pitt after a bye

That's encouraging, as is our 6-8 record in Pittsburgh under Marv. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 11:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just ask the Patriots. "We're on to Cincinnati".

That's encouraging, as is our 6-8 record in Pittsburgh under Marv. 

The Bengals will either Earn some Glory or continue to be tied to the Steeler's Whipping Post.

It's up to the Bengals to change their Reputation.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 01:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: You know that Burfict and Pac Man are going to be completely Fired up for some revenge against the Steelers.

That could Backfire but at this point I'll take another Burfict suspension for a borderline legal or not shot on Ben or Bell or Brown.

The Bengals have to be Starving Hungry for some revenge and some Respect.

I want a War and for this Young Bengal team to "want it more" and take it...

This team has been curb stomped too many times by the steelers since Marvin has been here.  If they havent been motivated enough to beat the steelers by now, then its not likely to happen
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 03:10 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: This team has been curb stomped too many times by the steelers since Marvin has been here.  If they havent been motivated enough to beat the steelers by now, then its not likely to happen

They gave the Packers all they could handle in Green Bay a few weeks ago so they have a chance here.

I have little doubt that they will be highly motivated for some revenge.

Can they Win and get that revenge or will they get "stomped" again as you say ?

Win it or slink off again. It's up to the Bengals to change things.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 05:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When have we come off a bye looking good? (Under M. Lewis).

2015 (against the Stoolers)
2013 (against the Chargers; oline was godly that game)
2012 (though we lost, Manning had a clutch game IN Denver)
2011 (against Seahawks; pummled them)
2009 (against Ravens; defensive game for the ages)
2006 (against Buccaneers, the game where we kicked ass and Mike Carey screwed us over)
2005 (Manning again, just outdueled Carsone)
2003 (against Bmore)

So there, of the 14 games thus far, 8 of them have been good performances. More than half.

Another false narrative, AFAIC.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 02:23 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'm sure you'll be fine. 

Granted, that was the one and only time I've ever been to Pittsburgh and it's certainly possible I just got lucky with the fans that day but still, you'll be fine if you just ignore the @$$holes and mingle with the cool ones. 

I've been to a few other games and there's generally no issues. Sure, there's the occasional scuffle amongst the drunk shitheads but that provides some in-between plays entertainment and the best part: they're thrown out once security arrives. 

I truly believe you get what you give. Just be respectful and you'll have no issues... Except for Buffalo  Whatever I was there for the bengals game in 2007 and I'm lucky I escaped without being arrested trying to defend myself from those jagoffs. Those hordes of miserable punks are the worst fans imaginable. They seem to hate the Bengals more than any team in their division (lord knows why). 

I tried to be friendly, didn't once egg anybody on... And still had trash flying in my direction all game long, caught a punch to my arm (fat chick thought she was being cool  Whatever), I saw a grown man dump his beer into a small child's face (the boy was wearing a bengals shirt and bengals hard hat, walking out of the stadium holding his mother's hand when it happened), I was called countless obscenities...

I almost went after a guy on the way out of the stadium. We just got killed by a terrible Bills team, Chad looked like he may have broken his neck. Simply put, I was in no damn mood. So this short, pudgy dude screamed "Bengals suck you little f***ot!" at me from his tailgate area. I spun around and immediately tore after him (I was seeing red at this point) when he ran back to his gang of bigger buddies. Thankfully my group of friends grabbed me before anything serious happened... 

Anyway, before I go off on another tangent: Pittsburgh is fine. Avoid Buffalo like the plague. 

lol I was there for the past 2 victories and I was kept respectfully clean. Sat next to a middle-aged couple in '13 and they were awesome, sat in front of a pudgy guy and his pudgy girlfried in '15 and they were all sorts of awesome.

All decked-out in Bengals gear, of course Wink

I do remember a bunch of guys walking out (before the game was done), saying, "can't believe we lost to a garbage team.." and all that jazz.

Yeah buddy, because an EJ Manuel-led Bills team is good, right? Rolleyes
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's what is going to happen! Ben will retire after we get done with him in 2 weeks. Steelers will implode for a couple of weeks. Then Goodell will step in, talk to Ben telling him to comeback and he will hand the SB trophy to him personally and then he can retire......I have other conspiracy theories also, if you want....lol
Reply/Quote
No no no

Steelers will be beat, be fourth in the AFCN by the end of the season and get the number one pick to get their QB.

Bengals will win the AFCN
Get number one seed in playoffs
Beat the Patriots in the AFCC Game
Then lose to the Eagles on a 67 yard FG by Jake Elliot after Bullock misses the game winner from 43 yards in overtime.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:58 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: On the game ending INT play last week, the intended Buffalo receiver appeared to run right into Burfict and the dude was de-cleated from it. Burfict immediately threw his hands up like "I DIDNT DO IT!" And he's right, he didn't... But will the league so it that way? Doubtful. 

And based on his previous suspension where he did nothing but merely hit a guy too hard, I'm expecting him to be suspended for Steeler game at the very least. I predict it will be this Sunday.  Whatever 

Well at least they have something to point at now, have to make sure they keep bennie safe, and of course bell's blunt smoking ass, as well as brown's diva, temper tantrum throwing, face kicking, scrub ass.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 01:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'll take another Burfict suspension for a borderline legal or not shot on Ben or Bell or Brown.
Gee, and here I wondered why the rest of the league thinks poorly of Bengal fans....
Reply/Quote
If Ben retiring would put an end to his acting like a god damned drama queen, then im all for it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 08:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well at least they have something to point at now, have to make sure they keep bennie safe, and of course bell's blunt smoking ass, as well as brown's diva, temper tantrum throwing, face kicking, scrub ass.

Ben & Antonio were showing noticeable distain for Burfict in recent games against the Bengals.
Burfict being all charged up and acting like he was on Par with them in the talent category on the field.

Burfict appeared to be expecting some reciprocal respect after making say a good tackle from certain Steelers in an almost playful way.
Ben seemed to react with a facial expression that said "calm down dude" and a "we are above you so stop pretending that we respect you".
I think that Burfict got this dissing message from recent games and will be wanting to dish out some pain while avoiding penalties.

The Refs will definitely have a Microscope on Burfict.

Hoping for some controlled rage out of Burfict and a respect gaining performance against Ben, Brown and Bell.

Burfict walking off the field loud and smiling after a Bengal win in Steeler land would be a new Low point for Ben, Brown, Bell & Towel wavers..

I'd like to see it happen...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 01:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: You know that Burfict and Pac Man are going to be completely Fired up for some revenge against the Steelers.

That could Backfire but at this point I'll take another Burfict suspension for a borderline legal or not shot on Ben or Bell or Brown.

The Bengals have to be Starving Hungry for some revenge and some Respect.

I want a War and for this Young Bengal team to "want it more" and take it...

Depends on the refs we get.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm not opposed to VB "taking a knee" home and putting it in his trophy case.. Heck, maybe all 3 B's.. The 3 B's done in by the big bad B.. 
https://youtu.be/uehFeg8zlgY
I'd almost pay to see that happen.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:46 AM)depthchart Wrote: Ben & Antonio were showing noticeable distain for Burfict in recent games against the Bengals.
Burfict being all charged up and acting like he was on Par with them in the talent category on the field.

Burfict appeared to be expecting some reciprocal respect after making say a good tackle from certain Steelers in an almost playful way.
Ben seemed to react with a facial expression that said "calm down dude" and a "we are above you so stop pretending that we respect you".
I think that Burfict got this dissing message from recent games and will be wanting to dish out some pain while avoiding penalties.

The Refs will definitely have a Microscope on Burfict.

Hoping for some controlled rage out of Burfict and a respect gaining performance against Ben, Brown and Bell.

Burfict walking off the field loud and smiling after a Bengal win in Steeler land would be a new Low point for Ben, Brown, Bell & Towel wavers..

I'd like to see it happen...

I'd love nothing more than to see that as well, I just worry that the first time he lays a legal hit on any of those three that is hard, he's going to get flagged for it and that sucks. 

Meanwhile shazier and mitchell will go out there and try to spear Mixon and Green to the IR list while the refs say something like "well they weren't trying to hit them hard, cause they didn't line them up..."

Reply/Quote
If our defense beat him so badly that he retired right after the game, that may be the greatest thing to ever happen in the NFL. Smirk
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote