Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have allowed the most rushing yards (In 2 Weeks)
The Bengals defense has allowed the most rushing yards in the first 2 weeks of the regular season. What are thoughts on this?

Total Yards in 2 Weeks: 276 (138.0/Game)
YPC: 4.2

We're going against a very hot C.J. Andersen who will probably be used a lot considering their situation at quarterback.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Well... At least I have Forte and Williams on my fantasy squad...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 05:15 PM)jason Wrote: Well... At least I have Forte and Williams on my fantasy squad...
I suppose I should look into Joseph Ajayi for next week at the rate.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I mentioned this in another thread. People are complaining about safety play or CB play when they should be worried about the fact we can't even slow down running attacks.
Reply/Quote
Not extremely surprised. Bengals are also 7th in least amount of time of possession and played two teams very good at rushing. Also missing their best tackling linebacker.

If the offense can maintain productive drives and chew clock it will keep players fresher. Getting Burfict back will be huge. I'll be interested to see how the bengals do going forward if the O maintains drives, with Burfict, and not playing beastly OL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's not overreact here, the bengals have gone up against two teams whose best weapons were star wide receivers. The bengals choose to make shutting down those stars their top priority, and were successful. When you do that you leave other areas of the defense open to be exploited. its the same philosophy the pats use, they are gonna figure out what you do best and take that away. If you're going to beat us it's not going to be with your strengths, it's gonna be another area that's going to have to win the game for you.

Week one we were in nickel defense almost every snap and shut down Marshall/decker. That left Forte the opportunity to hurt us and he did.

Week 2 I actually thought our run defense was very good.

This doesn't mean there isn't reason for concern, but I think it's too early to put much stock in those rushing numbers.
Reply/Quote
A lot of things factor in, for example:

We're 28th in the NFL in time of possession on offense. So we're near the top in the time our defense has spent on the field.

Our defense has really played great considering how long they've been out there. Throw in the fact that they've usually been defending a short field because our O can't run and sustain drives.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 06:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A lot of things factor in, for example:

We're 28th in the NFL in time of possession on offense. So we're near the time in the time our defense has spent on the field.

Our defense has really played great considering how long they've been out there. Throw in the fact that they've usually been defending a short field because our O can't run and sustain drives.

Or maybe because we don't have Vontaze Burfict???

Our run defense was bad without him last year as well. The numbers don't lie.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 04:45 PM)milksheikh Wrote: The Bengals defense has allowed the most rushing yards in the first 2 weeks of the regular season. What are thoughts on this?

We're going against a very hot C.J. Andersen who will probably be used a lot considering their situation at quarterback.

2 Road games against 2 teams who are well balanced the Steelers and the Jets who kept our defense on the field a lot. Our offense needs to be better in the redzone and on 3rd down. Field position was also a major issue last week. It seemed we started at least 6 drives around our 10 yard line which is not good on the road.

This week we have an opportunity to stop the run and make a young QB beat us. We will see how we respond at home against an average offense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
20th in YPA; a much more telltale stat about our run D.

Enough of this clickbait.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 06:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A lot of things factor in, for example:

We're 28th in the NFL in time of possession on offense. So we're near the time in the time our defense has spent on the field.

That's probably a bingo. The crappy O'line is messing up everything. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 07:53 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: That's probably a bingo. The crappy O'line is messing up everything. 

[Image: 3466828.gif]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 04:45 PM)milksheikh Wrote: The Bengals defense has allowed the most rushing yards in the first 2 weeks of the regular season. What are thoughts on this?

and we are in the top 10 against the Pass and 14th overall in total yards.. 
Reply/Quote
Defense is least of my worries right now.

Refs had to do everything in their power to help steelers just score enough to scrape by Bengals.

But the O-line is concerning though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

They have, but to be fair in week 1 they were running a defense to limit the pass thus resulting in Rey M only playing 8 snaps and them running out Dansby and Vinnie for the whole game and in week 2 alot of rushing yards came off of all the holds that Pitt got away with.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 05:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Let's not overreact here, the bengals have gone up against two teams whose best weapons were star wide receivers. The bengals choose to make shutting down those stars their top priority, and were successful. When you do that you leave other areas of the defense open to be exploited. its the same philosophy the pats use, they are gonna figure out what you do best and take that away. If you're going to beat us it's not going to be with your strengths, it's gonna be another area that's going to have to win the game for you.

Week one we were in nickel defense almost every snap and shut down Marshall/decker. That left Forte the opportunity to hurt us and he did.

Week 2 I actually thought our run defense was very good.

This doesn't mean there isn't reason for concern, but I think it's too early to put much stock in those rushing numbers.

Exactly.  The only real stat is points allowed and with the two teams they faced, on the road, I think 22 and 24 points at least gives you the opportunity to win.  And I agree that the run defense looked very stout against putzburgh.  If not for the egregious holding allowed, they wouldn't have done shit.

Gave Antonio Brown his worst day as a pro for some time.  
Reply/Quote