Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not everyone is down on Zampese
(09-22-2016, 03:19 PM)BengalD Wrote: Obviously the first two teams the Bengals faced this season were intent on stopping the run, and the Jets even believed that Revis could shut down Green.  The squeelers took away the run and played a lot of zone with extra people over the top of green.  I believe Denver will follow the squeelers  and hope that their pressure on the QB is even quicker and not letting the Bengals complete the big play.  The Bengals RB's will have to do a lot of pass blocking, there should be a lot of three step quick hit passes if the DB's play off, and personally I would play up tempo to wear out the pass rushers to make the run viable.  You either run to set up the pass or vice a versa - but the current MO in defensive styles is take away what you typically do best (last year they ran pretty good) and take away the best threat (Green).  Boyd, Lafell and whichever TE is in there have to have big games to set up the run.

Have you taken a look at Denver's pass rush?  They're pretty good at getting to the QB in a hurry.  If there is any hope of throwing them off balance, it's going to take some dedicated run blocking.  Carolina is typically a good run blocking team, and they had their hands full..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 07:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: We blew it letting Munchak get to the Steelers.

Which is tough to type with the hair pull incident and all, but I'm going to hold strong to my initial belief. Munchak would have been a great OL coach hire/upgrade.

Ya think?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote