Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have interviewed Greg Williams...TWICE!
Joseph is interviewing for DC positions so he's likely out of the DC running.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have the worst trio of LB's in football. You can fire them up as much as you want...they just are terrible. And that cascades along the rest of the defense.

Yes, we need linebackers, but the line and the backfield are fine...
Reply/Quote
I’m not against Williams as DC. He seems to be sort of an A-hole, which is a good trait to have in this business.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can already hear Pittsburgh whining, bitching and complaining.  Smirk

(01-10-2019, 02:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nah, Tez needs to get paid for his hits so he can put that towards fines.... Hilarious

(01-10-2019, 02:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not for Bengal Players....

(01-10-2019, 02:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Big Jen will be losing sleep though.....
Touché Rock On
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:20 PM)HuDey Wrote: I’m not against Williams as DC. He seems to be sort of an A-hole, which is a good trait to have in this business.

My thinking as well.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
He is also considered for Jets DC too, per Schefter

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm trying to confirm this...although there's some speculation that it's just a rumor and not true.

So there is a rumor that it is a rumor?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I hope this is true just for the effect it’ll have on baker mayfield but I also hope it’s true because I believe this guy can help get us over Pittsburgh.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, we need linebackers, but the line and the backfield are fine...

I think the backfield is good. The Defensive Line has me worried, personally. Granted, Lawson and Glasgow were injured and all, but Dunlap, Atkins, Billings were all hyped and really disappointed, relative to their expectations (and new contracts).

I don't think defensive line is a top priority yet, but I would keep an eye on their 2019 season. If they don't significantly improve, you may need to address it sooner than later. Especially at DT.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:33 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: So there is a rumor that it is a rumor?

Yes. I honestly have looked and can't tell which is true.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think the backfield is good. The Defensive Line has me worried, personally. Granted, Lawson and Glasgow were injured and all, but Dunlap, Atkins, Billings were all hyped and really disappointed, relative to their expectations (and new contracts).

I don't think defensive line is a top priority yet, but I would keep an eye on their 2019 season. If they don't significantly improve, you may need to address it sooner than later. Especially at DT.

The way I look at it, the Dlines stats were hampered by poor linebacker play that allowed the short routes. We get Glasgow and Lawson back, keep Ringo and maybe pick up an end, we'll be fine on the line.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Joseph is interviewing for DC positions so he's likely out of the DC running.

saw it said he would only be coming here if it was as HC
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Speculation is it was for Defensive Coordinator position.

I don't really like this as Williams never sticks anywhere more than 2-3 years.

I mean, i don't like his history but i think he would be much better than Joseph at DC.

Maybe take out some Steelers and i will start to like the guy lol
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I mean, i don't like his history but i think he would be much better than Joseph at DC.

Maybe take out some Steelers and i will start to like the guy lol

It would be worth it just to see the look on Mayfield's face.....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can already hear Pittsburgh whining, bitching and complaining.  Smirk

They'd be absolutely crying like little girls.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The way I look at it, the Dlines stats were hampered by poor linebacker play that allowed the short routes. We get Glasgow and Lawson back, keep Ringo and maybe pick up an end, we'll be fine on the line.

I would add that there was zero creativity in freeing up pass rushers. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It would be worth it just to see the look on Mayfield's face.....

True lol

(01-10-2019, 04:03 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I would add that there was zero creativity in freeing up pass rushers. 

Also true, no creativity at all on that Defense last year, just kept putting the players in bad positions all year long and even when Marv took over our Linebackers still couldn't tackle and besides the Raiders game we had no pass rush. I honestly think we have good players on the D-line and in the Secondary, we just need to add some talented Linebackers and a DC with some creativity and aggressiveness.

If that is Greg Williams that Eric B or Taylor wants so be it.
Reply/Quote
I would think the new HC would have a say on who he wants for his top two guys...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Browns had 30th ranked defense last year.

No thanks.

Maybe we can convince Paul Alexander to be our DC. It's just like playing the paino so I'm sure he'll be great at it.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Good. Maybe a coach would have enough balls to get Geno motivated instead of him and others standing around with their thumbs up their asses. 
Reply/Quote