Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker
You can Google it up. There are some Chargers not going from San Diego to LA. Bengals are one of the teams that have shown an interest. Looks like Whitworth and Zeitler gone 12 months after Andre Smith gone. Ced and Fisher can't play 3 positions. Not saying Fluker is coming here, but saying some reports have Bengals in the hunt for him, and a few other Chargers the team not taking to LA.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Would be a solid not spectacular signing, would help with depth.
Reply/Quote
Are they just not making the road trip or what?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:23 PM)Crowe Wrote: Would be a solid not spectacular signing, would help with depth.

I could see him as our right tackle if Ced has to move to left tackle.  Fisher may be our depth, or could he line up at right guard ?  Bengals do a lot of straight ahead power blocking and have moved tackles to guard and guards to tackle, as per Whitworth. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:30 PM)kevin Wrote: I could see him as our right tackle if Ced has to move to left tackle.  Fisher may be our depth, or could he line up at right guard ?  Bengals do a lot of straight ahead power blocking and have moved tackles to guard and guards to tackle, as per Whitworth. 

Ced is our LT.  There's no discussion about that in Cincy.  Fisher will start out at RT and if Fluker comes in, it will be as a guard.
Reply/Quote
Fluker was terrible at Tackle. He's better suited at Guard.
Reply/Quote
Fluker is not a LT or RT. He can barely stay healthy. Now comes the panic moves.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Ced is our LT.  There's no discussion about that in Cincy.  Fisher will start out at RT and if Fluker comes in, it will be as a guard.

It remains to be seen if Ced can play LT in NFL.  You can say he is the new WR but until he proves he can do it, he hasn't done it.  Many college LT's in draft each year and it's always the same for most, " Will have to move to RT "...Few out of college can handle LT in the NFL. Ced is very unproven in the NFL at LT. Problem is there are no great LT's in this draft from what draft reports show. A lot of guys that will have to move to RT. ...There are guards in this draft in round one and two and I see that as something Bengals will do, an early guard pick in one or two.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Fluker i think would be a great replacement for Zeitler at RG. He is a good run blocker that just had problems at LT
cause he was not athletic enough. He would fit in here like a glove and i believe could even be an upgrade, especially
in the run game. Not all is lost if we bring in DJ.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Fluker was terrible at Tackle. He's better suited at Guard.

I agree bring him in as starting RG with ability to play LT if injuries or Ced craps the bed completely.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I googled and didn't see 1 article other than message boards with this "rumor"

Please provide a link.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:37 PM)kevin Wrote: It remains to be seen if Ced can play LT in NFL.  You can say he is the new WR but until he proves he can do it, he hasn't done it. 

I'm not the one saying it - the team is.  I'm not that stupid.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fluker is not a LT or RT. He can barely stay healthy. Now comes the panic moves.

He has missed 5 games in 4 years. 

I would love to get Fluker. Probable starter at RG and RT depth. 

He has 4 years of NFL experience and is barely older than Garrett Bolles who will be a highly drafted rookie with one year of division one college experience. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: I agree bring him in as starting RG with ability to play LT WHEN Ced craps the bed completely.  

Fixed it for you
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fixed it for you

Didn't you read Hobson's article?  He's lifting weights, man!  Gonna get jacked, bro!  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:47 PM)samhain Wrote: Didn't you read Hobson's article?  He's lifting weights, man!  Gonna get jacked, bro!  

So, Ogbuehi 2017 becomes...Ronnie Coleman?

[Image: ronnie-coleman-posing.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So, Ogbuehi 2017 becomes...Ronnie Coleman?

[Image: ronnie-coleman-posing.jpg]
Fragile bastard needs to take a page from Whit's playbook and do some yoga.  He'll hurt himself trying to pick up heavy stuff.
Reply/Quote
Can't find anywhere where this is true...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not the one saying it - the team is.  I'm not that stupid.

Give Hammer some credit Kev, damn.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:52 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Can't find anywhere where this is true...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-tender-TJ-Johnson-as-free-agency-opens/7e63750e-69ba-435f-85da-8a309e203f98

"Some names terminated Tuesday playing positions that could interest the Bengals pending how free agency goes were Chargers guard D.J. Fluker"
Reply/Quote