Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker (/Thread-Bengals-have-shown-interest-in-DJ-Fluker)

Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - kevin - 03-09-2017

You can Google it up. There are some Chargers not going from San Diego to LA. Bengals are one of the teams that have shown an interest. Looks like Whitworth and Zeitler gone 12 months after Andre Smith gone. Ced and Fisher can't play 3 positions. Not saying Fluker is coming here, but saying some reports have Bengals in the hunt for him, and a few other Chargers the team not taking to LA.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - Crowe - 03-09-2017

Would be a solid not spectacular signing, would help with depth.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - RunKijanaRun - 03-09-2017

Are they just not making the road trip or what?

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - kevin - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:23 PM)Crowe Wrote: Would be a solid not spectacular signing, would help with depth.

I could see him as our right tackle if Ced has to move to left tackle.  Fisher may be our depth, or could he line up at right guard ?  Bengals do a lot of straight ahead power blocking and have moved tackles to guard and guards to tackle, as per Whitworth. 

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - Hammerstripes - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:30 PM)kevin Wrote: I could see him as our right tackle if Ced has to move to left tackle.  Fisher may be our depth, or could he line up at right guard ?  Bengals do a lot of straight ahead power blocking and have moved tackles to guard and guards to tackle, as per Whitworth. 

Ced is our LT.  There's no discussion about that in Cincy.  Fisher will start out at RT and if Fluker comes in, it will be as a guard.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - BengalFanInNJ - 03-09-2017

Fluker was terrible at Tackle. He's better suited at Guard.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - jj22 - 03-09-2017

Fluker is not a LT or RT. He can barely stay healthy. Now comes the panic moves.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - kevin - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Ced is our LT.  There's no discussion about that in Cincy.  Fisher will start out at RT and if Fluker comes in, it will be as a guard.

It remains to be seen if Ced can play LT in NFL.  You can say he is the new WR but until he proves he can do it, he hasn't done it.  Many college LT's in draft each year and it's always the same for most, " Will have to move to RT "...Few out of college can handle LT in the NFL. Ced is very unproven in the NFL at LT. Problem is there are no great LT's in this draft from what draft reports show. A lot of guys that will have to move to RT. ...There are guards in this draft in round one and two and I see that as something Bengals will do, an early guard pick in one or two.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-09-2017

Fluker i think would be a great replacement for Zeitler at RG. He is a good run blocker that just had problems at LT
cause he was not athletic enough. He would fit in here like a glove and i believe could even be an upgrade, especially
in the run game. Not all is lost if we bring in DJ.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - Okeana - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Fluker was terrible at Tackle. He's better suited at Guard.

I agree bring him in as starting RG with ability to play LT if injuries or Ced craps the bed completely.  

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - Bengalbug - 03-09-2017

I googled and didn't see 1 article other than message boards with this "rumor"

Please provide a link.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - Hammerstripes - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:37 PM)kevin Wrote: It remains to be seen if Ced can play LT in NFL.  You can say he is the new WR but until he proves he can do it, he hasn't done it. 

I'm not the one saying it - the team is.  I'm not that stupid.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - NATI BENGALS - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fluker is not a LT or RT. He can barely stay healthy. Now comes the panic moves.

He has missed 5 games in 4 years. 

I would love to get Fluker. Probable starter at RG and RT depth. 

He has 4 years of NFL experience and is barely older than Garrett Bolles who will be a highly drafted rookie with one year of division one college experience. 

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - ochocincos - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: I agree bring him in as starting RG with ability to play LT WHEN Ced craps the bed completely.  

Fixed it for you

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - samhain - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fixed it for you

Didn't you read Hobson's article?  He's lifting weights, man!  Gonna get jacked, bro!  

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - ochocincos - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:47 PM)samhain Wrote: Didn't you read Hobson's article?  He's lifting weights, man!  Gonna get jacked, bro!  

So, Ogbuehi 2017 becomes...Ronnie Coleman?

[Image: ronnie-coleman-posing.jpg]

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - samhain - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So, Ogbuehi 2017 becomes...Ronnie Coleman?

[Image: ronnie-coleman-posing.jpg]
Fragile bastard needs to take a page from Whit's playbook and do some yoga.  He'll hurt himself trying to pick up heavy stuff.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - milksheikh - 03-09-2017

Can't find anywhere where this is true...

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not the one saying it - the team is.  I'm not that stupid.

Give Hammer some credit Kev, damn.

RE: Bengals have shown interest in DJ Fluker - NATI BENGALS - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 04:52 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Can't find anywhere where this is true...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-tender-TJ-Johnson-as-free-agency-opens/7e63750e-69ba-435f-85da-8a309e203f98

"Some names terminated Tuesday playing positions that could interest the Bengals pending how free agency goes were Chargers guard D.J. Fluker"