Geno
2.74%
2 2.74%
Total 73 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlanta Day Game Ball
(09-30-2018, 06:30 PM)McC Wrote: Well, to be fair, Boys wouldn't have had the day he had if AD doesn't have the day he had.  Still, gonna go with Boyd because has he ever even been nominated  before?

This is my philosophy here as well. Dalton played great as he has been all year and so did Boyd. 

But I vote Dalton frequently and Boyd rarely gets the chance. 

Neither would have been as great without the other. Andy threw those passes and we could not have done it without him. 

But let Boyd drop even one of those 3rd and 4th down catches and we probably lose the game. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Back to back hundred yard games Boyd. Andy deserves it too he had a great game but we really needed another WR to step up this year. Ross is starting to look better he is coming along hope his progress continues to grow with experience.
Reply/Quote
Oh and do not get the comparison to TJ and Boyd.

They have two different styles. Loved Hush-Puppy, but Boyd has bigger ceiling imho.

Housh made a living off of those slide catches over middle to avoid contact. Boyd runs through the ball over the middle.

Will say that they both are sure handed though. Guess maybe that is where it comes from.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Oh and do not get the comparison to TJ and Boyd.

They have two different styles. Loved Hush-Puppy, but Boyd has bigger ceiling imho.

Housh made a living off of those slide catches over middle to avoid contact. Boyd runs through the ball over the middle.

Will say that they both are sure handed though. Guess maybe that is where it comes from.

I just think it comes from having a possession receiver....in the vein of what Housh did here.  Boyd is a better talent, no doubt, but like TJ, he makes those catches you really need to keep drives alive.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Dalton.  

He pissed me off and he turned right around to make me eat my words.

Boyd played his ass off no doubt but Andy led them to victory.

For those of you that didn't vote for him... how many thought he was going to shit the bed in the end??

Especially with Bobby frickin' Hart blocking for him.

That alone should decide your vote!
loved the Hart comment. So true!  :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
Those talking about Boyd being clutch, which he was, Andy was very clutch throwing that game winner, and dueling toe-to-toe with Ryan.

Also no one is mentioning AJ. He made a very clutch catch with what, 13 or 14 seconds to go for the go ahead TD?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Geno just because everyone else is going to go with offense.

Although there were many BIG plays the fourth down sack was IMO the best play of the day.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:34 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Andy was very clutch throwing that game winner, and dueling toe-to-toe with Ryan.

All Dalton did was walk into Matt Ryan's billion dollar BenzO dome and go toe to toe whilst thousands of Falcons fans screamed, yelled, blew whistles and air horns etc all game long - and won. Matty of coarse didn't have to deal with any of that. We have a few fans here that seem to have forgotten about that little detail while making sure to point out that overall - Ryan had better stats.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:10 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: All Dalton did was walk into Matt Ryan's billion dollar BenzO dome and go toe to toe whilst thousands of Falcons fans screamed, yelled, blew whistles and air horns etc all game long - and won. Matty of coarse didn't have to deal with any of that. We have a few fans here that seem to have forgotten about that little detail while making sure to point out that overall - Ryan had better stats.

Wins on the road in a hostile environment that include game winning last second clutch drives and a picture perfect game sealing throw mean nothing if you lose the stats battle by 75 yards or whatever.

It's all about the stats, geeezzzzzzzzz W's are second fiddle

Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: Still peeling his right nut from his jock strap probably   
I like reading everyones threads and replies, but you lost me here.
Reply/Quote