Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have to take Chase Young
If we get the number one pick you gotta go Chase Young. Dude is a once in a lifetime elite talent. Go QB later, this is coming from a Michigan fan too. Dude is absolutely elite
Reply/Quote
Please post all draft related threads in NFL Draft Central. We try to keep Jungle Noise to topics related to the team and it's current players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Even if he's a J.J. Watt, Jason Taylor or Julius Peppers level talent, we still won't win without an elite QB (as they didn't). Secure the future of the team with QB while you can. Get the impact defenders once your team is established.

Even Michael Strahan couldn't win a Super Bowl until Eli Manning came around.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 04:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: If we get the number one pick you gotta go Chase Young. Dude is a once in a lifetime elite talent. Go QB later, this is coming from a Michigan fan too. Dude is absolutely elite

Without question! Chase Young should be the Bengals’ first pick in the draft. This is the kind of player a team can build an elite defense around.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 06:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Even if he's a J.J. Watt, Jason Taylor or Julius Peppers level talent, we still won't win without an elite QB (as they didn't). Secure the future of the team with QB while you can. Get the impact defenders once your team is established.

Even Michael Strahan couldn't win a Super Bowl until Eli Manning came around.

Don't care who the QB is. You won't win anything if your defense can't stop anyone. Gotta take Chase!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 08:13 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Don't care who the QB is. You won't win anything if your defense can't stop anyone. Gotta take Chase!

Don't care how good your defense is if the offense can't move the ball and score points you're not going to win football games.

Quarterback is the most important position in all of football...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 08:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Don't care how good your defense is if the offense can't move the ball and score points you're not going to win football games.

Quarterback is the most important position in all of football...

I’d rather have jake fromm. Or a top qb next year. Regardless who we pick we’re winning maybe 2 games next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 08:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I’d rather have jake fromm. Or a top qb next year. Regardless who we pick we’re winning maybe 2 games next year.

Fact is you are more likely to find a solid pass rusher than a franchise QB. 

If you have a shot at a real franchise QB you take it no matter what...and the Bengals need a QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 08:13 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Don't care who the QB is. You won't win anything if your defense can't stop anyone. Gotta take Chase!

There are many examples of teams with elite offenses and mediocre to bad defenses that win the Super Bowl or go deep in the playoffs consistently. There are very few examples of the opposite. And the one I'm thinking of wasn't a case of a single elite pass rusher. It was a top to bottom defense of non-elite contributors led by a hall of fame linebacker.
Reply/Quote
1.) Depends on what you think of Burrow and Tua.
2.) Drafting Young isn't the worst thing in the world
3.) You don't need an elite level QB to win a championship.
4.) I am in favor of trading the pick but that's harder said than done.
5.) We can always trade up to the first to get a QB or trade up in future drafts for a QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 08:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There are many examples of teams with elite offenses and mediocre to bad defenses that win the Super Bowl or go deep in the playoffs consistently. There are very few examples of the opposite. And the one I'm thinking of wasn't a case of a single elite pass rusher. It was a top to bottom defense of non-elite contributors led by a hall of fame linebacker.

There have been 5 teams that have won a Superbowl without being a top 10 scoring defense. Even those teams though we're top 5 in at least one defensive stat the year they one the Superbowl except for the Colts in 2006.
Giants 2007, 2011- 2007 they lead the NFL in sacks and we're 4th in sacks in 2011
Saints 2009- 2nd in the NFL in forced turnovers
Colts 2006 - were not top 5 in any defensive stat but Bob Sanders coming back sparked their run to a Superbowl. In fact Peyton had one of his worst playoff performances throwing 3TDs to 7 Int during that post season.
Ravens 2012- were 2nd in Redzone defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 08:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Fact is you are more likely to find a solid pass rusher than a franchise QB. 

If you have a shot at a real franchise QB you take it no matter what...and the Bengals need a QB.

The fact is, that this is one of those years where if your team plays the draft right, you can have both the Franchise QB and an elite Pass Rusher.  I'm saying that they should go for Burrow or Herbert, then make the moves to ensure that Curtis Weaver is their next selection.  

Weaver is nearly physically identical to Young, just as aggressive and dominating, with similar numbers.  The only reason people are so enamored with Chase Young specifically?  Is because they see him on their TV screens every Saturday, Weaver plays out West and doesn't get much face time in this half of the Nation.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
IDK, that #9 from LSU looks pretty good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That #1 from Oklahoma sure looks good at the top of the second round.
Reply/Quote
People really need to calm down with this “generational” talk...

Young looks like a great player, and I wouldn’t be upset if we took him (rather go QB though), but the hype is getting a little out of control.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 10:47 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: That #1 from Oklahoma sure looks good at the top of the second round.

Watch his eyes and you will change your mind.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 11:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Watch his eyes and you will change your mind.

There's a reason he was mediocre in the SEC, even with the benefit of an Alabama roster around him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 08:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Fact is you are more likely to find a solid pass rusher than a franchise QB. 

I agree. I personally however don’t think there’s much if anything separating burrow and Herbert to fromm. If there isn’t or if u think young is head and shoulders better than whoever u want at q, u take young. Stick to ur grades and ur board.
(11-23-2019, 10:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People really need to calm down with this “generational” talk...

Young looks like a great player, and I wouldn’t be upset if we took him (rather go QB though), but the hype is getting a little out of control.

Name me the last college football player that dominated college football like he has. I don’t think there has ever been one.
Reply/Quote
Are the odds of picking a franchise QB in the top 5 picks really that good? Seems like there are tons of misses compared to the hits. We can’t miss with our top 5 pick. Really easy to miss on a QB especially if the rest of the team is terrible.

I’ll take Chase Young. Tua has real injury concerns, Herbert is way to inconsistent and Burrow is so far a one year wonder (he’d be my top choice if we go QB but I’d be very nervous about it. Wouldn’t be the least bit worried about picking Young though). Can’t afford to reach for one need when there are about 20 others on the team.

If you could go back to 2011 and could choose between Cam and AJ who do you pick? I’d take the sure thing star position player over a QB just because we need one and hoping he’s our savior
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 01:39 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Are the odds of picking a franchise QB in the top 5 picks really that good? Seems like there are tons of misses compared to the hits. We can’t miss with our top 5 pick. Really easy to miss on a QB especially if the rest of the team is terrible.

I’ll take Chase Young. Tua has real injury concerns, Herbert is way to inconsistent and Burrow is so far a one year wonder (he’d be my top choice if we go QB but I’d be very nervous about it. Wouldn’t be the least bit worried about picking Young though). Can’t afford to reach for one need when there are about 20 others on the team.

If you could go back to 2011 and could choose between Cam and AJ who do you pick? I’d take the sure thing star position player over a QB just because we need one and hoping he’s our savior

Give us your profile of Joe Burrow. Why isn't he a #1 overall QB?

Reply/Quote