Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tyrann Mathieu a Steeler
(03-17-2022, 08:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: It was trending on Twitter yesterday. All you have to do is search his name. 

It was trending that he signed with Pitt? Or is he just being linked to the Steelers? I'm not sure about yours, but in my world, there is a difference. We were linked to Thuney last year. I'm sure that was trending as well. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:59 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: you fail to realize, yes we have only signed 2 FA, both very quickly on day 1.  WE have also resigned BJ Hill, Kept Bates and Clark Harris,  And are real close to bringing back Tupou.   So, when you goto a superbowl you really need to resign and keep that core intact, and fix your obvious flaws, which we addressed quickly.  Everyone forgets when we resign our own players instead of going after EVERY single FA.  

Bingo. Teams in the AFC are chasing us now. Keeping the pieces that got us to the Super Bowl together, and addressing the biggest weakness (IOL) was priority #1. And they’ve done that. Now they can be a little more patient and weigh their options as to what other players they want to add.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
CJ was a big piece that got us to the Super Bowl, and that is a significant loss. But this thread is about Mathieu and the moves made by the Ravens and Steelers.... There is a whole other thread in Jungle noise about Bengals not doing enough that people can debate if they did or not.

Bengals haven't made a FA (besides Tupou/Thomas) move since the first 2 hours. So me saying them being on vaca shouldn't be debatable. Doesn't mean they won't return to work (hopefully soon).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We need this thread title changed, right.. it's wrong, I think? He's still a FA? No. 2 currently available, No. 6 overall when FA started: https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2022-who-are-the-best-nfl-players-available
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:44 AM)jj22 Wrote: CJ was a big piece that got us to the Super Bowl, and that is a significant loss. But this thread is about Mathieu and the moves made by the Ravens and Steelers.... There is a whole other thread in Jungle noise about Bengals not doing enough that people can debate if they did or not.

Bengals haven't made a FA (besides Tupou/Thomas) move since the first 2 hours. So me saying them being on vaca shouldn't be debatable. Doesn't mean they won't return to work (hopefully soon).

Well, it started about Mathieu, but ended about you saying the Bengals were on vacation and other teams were doing more,  Maybe there arent any targets that they consider must haves right now.  Look CJ was a good character, his team mates loved him,  but business is business, and he didnt warrant the contract he got, he has a significant injury history, coming up on 30. and hes not been a huge producer ( i know 30 is young, but hes as good as he is gonna get)  Im glad he didnt over pay for him.   I think the Bengals are doing a stellar job, they arent reaching or panic buying guys.  They got who they obviously had their eye on early, and now they are going to let the rest come to them.  We dont need another Trae Waynes.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:44 AM)jj22 Wrote: CJ was a big piece that got us to the Super Bowl, and that is a significant loss. But this thread is about Mathieu and the moves made by the Ravens and Steelers.... There is a whole other thread in Jungle noise about Bengals not doing enough that people can debate if they did or not.

Are you really upset your thread that was completely inaccurate in the first place is being derailed?

Anyway, after about 30 seconds of digging I found the source of the speculation: apparently former Steelers LB Terence Garvin tweeted an eyes emoji saying something about the honey badger. Considering the guy only played there for a few seasons like 7 years ago, and was most recently in the XFL - it’s hard to imagine he’s still very tied into their current FO.

Reply/Quote
It won't be the first time a (multiple if you do the twitter search) report came out that someone signed and it ended up not going through or isn't finalized. I care a lot less then you guys do about the him signing not being official yet. It's a free agent forum, and he's a free agent, and it was an update. Nothing to be ashamed about starting a thread about him.

You guys just super sensitive.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:48 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Well, it started about Mathieu, but ended about you saying the Bengals were on vacation and other teams were doing more, 

Which other teams are doing more.....  Not sure what the argument is....

Reply/Quote
this rumor was started by a no name former Steelers player 2 days ago. I'm guessing since nobody picked it up there's probably no merit to it.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Which other teams are doing more.....  Not sure what the argument is....

Why can't you just adjust the title of your thread????????????

He is not a Steeler, so your title makes it look like click bait. Maybe that was your intent to provide false info to the board, if not just change the title.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Or yall can just let the thread die instead of melting down about it....

If I make a mistake I don't go and delete it or act like I never said something.... I corrected it by stating it hadn't been made official and doesn't look to be legit in the follow up posts. I feel like it's lame to go and delete stuff to act like it was never stated or said. Why change the title so when people see all the meltdowns in this thread they won't understand why?

Yall are far more ashamed of the false report than I am....

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 07:51 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: My god!! 1st day of FA and people are mumping!!!

Hilarious

(03-16-2022, 08:29 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I have a Scottish coworker and she drops phrases from time to time that I've never heard before and make me laugh.  Might have to add "mumping" to that list.  That's a new one for me!  

New to me as well lol
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

New to me as well lol

Honestly man, It boils ma pish the amount of mumping that folk do on here .
People seem to have forgotten the strides the team have done over the last year
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:39 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Honestly man, It boils ma pish the amount of mumping that folk do on here .
People seem to have forgotten the strides the team have done over the last year

All I can hear reading that...

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All I can hear reading that...

Only in Glesga mate lol
Reply/Quote