Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals held a “players only” meeting
Maybe this will be a good sign...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/10/25/18024636/bengals-players-only-meeting-after-two-game-losing-streak-steelers-chiefs-bucs
Reply/Quote
I guess it’s comforting but still doesn’t make me feel like we’ll ever be able to compete with a team like KC this season
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They must've gotten tired of having to talk over Marv's clapping LOL
Reply/Quote
Ah, the obligatory, annual players only meeting. And, they're serious, this time..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 07:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ah, the obligatory, annual players only meeting.  And, they're serious, this time..

....lol, beat me to it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Probably played video games and ate pizza.

Reply/Quote
Nothing new, happens every year.
Reply/Quote
Amazing - the quote "were talented" and "were better than what we put on tape" cracks me up.  If that were the case did they all just show up and think to themselves - hey, think I'll do something different than what I was coached and what we planned and we'll see how that works out.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 07:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ah, the obligatory, annual players only meeting.  And, they're serious, this time..

I feel so much better, I'm sure they'll get it all fixed  Cool
Reply/Quote
Why don’t they have this meeting before the season starts, that way they don’t suck ass during the season.......right?
Reply/Quote
A coach walks in and asks what's going on. All the players look at Ced and say "you're supposed to block the door, Ced" but he couldn't.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 09:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I feel so much better, I'm sure they'll get it all fixed  Cool

On a serious note, let's say they do get serious and play better as a team.  If they can go into, and come out of the bye with wins, that changes the complexion of things, dramatically.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 03:43 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I guess it’s comforting but still doesn’t make me feel like we’ll ever be able to compete with a team like KC this season

Not unless we trade coaches
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 10:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not unless we trade coaches

We need to trade owners ................wait ................. we can't do that ................. I forgot.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 09:48 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: A coach walks in and asks what's going on. All the players look at Ced and say "you're supposed to block the door, Ced" but he couldn't.

Thanks, just spit coffee all over my keyboard.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Cool (Waiting for the other folk to come in here and say we are being too negative, even though we are just being real ... or is that the correct grammar?)
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 09:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On a serious note, let's say they do get serious and play better as a team.  If they can go into, and come out of the bye with wins, that changes the complexion of things, dramatically.

Agreed,

This game against the Bucs is absolutely crucial ! Win it and the playoffs aren't out of the picture on paper. We've got 2 against The Browns and the Broncos and Raiders. There should be 3 wins in there at least. Add the Bucs game that gives us 8 W's.

So we'd have to pull 2 more wins out of Saints, @Ravens, @Chargers,@Steelers. And if they sweep Cleveland that's just gravy.

Lose this game against the Bucs and the playoffs get much further away.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 03:43 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I guess it’s comforting but still doesn’t make me feel like we’ll ever be able to compete with a team like KC this season

I don't have confidence either, but making the playoffs this year (or at least a non-losing record) would at least be an improvement over the past two years.

Speaking of competing, their three losses are all considered "contenders" who all have a winning record, two of which are leading their divisions.
The Bengals' only win this season against a team with a winning record is Baltimore, who I think was crazy-overhyped after that opening week game against a terrible Buffalo team.

They are a middle-of-the-pack team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 10:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

This game against the Bucs is absolutely crucial ! Win it and the playoffs aren't out of the picture on paper. We've got 2 against The Browns and the Broncos and Raiders. There should be 3 wins in there at least. Add the Bucs game that gives us 8 W's.

So we'd have to pull 2 more wins out of Saints, @Ravens, @Chargers,@Steelers. And if they sweep Cleveland that's just gravy.

Lose this game against the Bucs and the playoffs get much further away.

All of this is a good break down.  And also add in we have some key players that will be retuning from injuries.  I still think we're in a good position to at least win the division.   :andy:
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 09:48 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: A coach walks in and asks what's going on. All the players look at Ced and say "you're supposed to block the door, Ced" but he couldn't.

LOL..Hodor...Hodor..Hodor
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote