Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals hosting DE- Kerry Wynn and S- Curtis Riley
(03-21-2019, 07:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol the Raiders did the same thing, with similar results. By results, I'm also talking about AIDS.

Last year the Raiders had LaFell, McCarron, Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall, Frostee Rucker, Emmanuel Lamur, Clinton McDonald and Mike Nugent. 

That’s true. We passively infected two franchises who were very susceptible.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm intrigued by Curtis Riley. At the very least signing him gives them some depth at safety, which is nice in case Williams decides to get himself kicked out of another game.
Reply/Quote
They may be on to something with Riley

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 06:43 PM)McC Wrote: Load up?  One is loading up?  

I don't know anything about the guy.  But how silly is it to think every guy on a bad team is bad?  And not every player on a good defense is good.  You're making faulty connections because you think every single thing the Bengals do is wrong.

You won't hear another word from me.  Ever. 

Dang McC. Ever?

Cold!

Ok. Well. Sleep on it. Tomorrow a new day and I'll be up early and ready to hear from ya.

Hopefully all will be well.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Riley seems like a good add if he is signed.

Why they keep inviting DEs and so far no LBs is weird, seeing as THE weakness in the defense last years was the LB unit.
Reply/Quote
Here's some quotes about Kerry Wynn from BBWC.com:

"He looked like an all-pro at times last season. Unfortunately, it wasn't consistently. He has shown potential to thrive in the right system. I like him very much; but I doubt he'll be back."

"Over the years, he's made many plays where he looks turbo-charged. Like a man amongst boys, just blasting through blockers and putting the runner down HARD. This is what I recall. If he's been making mistakes on other plays I haven't noticed."

"A 4-3 DE missing something, maybe a quick first step and a 3-4 OLB missing that natural edge rush. Too small to play DE in a 3-4 and can’t win a gap in a 3-4."
Reply/Quote
I don't have a problem with bringing in more guys to compete.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 09:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Riley seems like a good add if he is signed.

Why they keep inviting DEs and so far no LBs is weird, seeing as THE weakness in the defense last years was the LB unit.

Maybe a hint for that big shindig at the end of April...
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 05:53 PM)McC Wrote: Former UFA.  Not exactly a stat sheet filler.  

Browns get Vernon ( a guy I heard of and is actually good) and we bring in these two guys who probably are Uber drivers in offseason. 
What happened to Danny Shelton visit? 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 07:40 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That’s true. We passively infected two franchises who were very susceptible.

It's all part of Mikey's master plan. Instead of making the Bengals better (too expensive), he's going to bring down the rest of the NFL...one team at a time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's all part of Mikey's master plan. Instead of making the Bengals better (too expensive), he's going to bring down the rest of the NFL...one team at a time.

Are they talking about the same guy? In 14 games and 5 starts, he posted 39 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 2 QB hits and 3 tackles for loss.

Hardly sounds like a man among boys. I get that stats aren't everything, but when did he look like a beast? Practice?

Did he constantly beat his man, but not get the sack or TFL?

All I know is that it seems that they really would like him back. 

Not one peep about Riley though. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's all part of Mikey's master plan. Instead of making the Bengals better (too expensive), he's going to bring down the rest of the NFL...one team at a time.

Hey! Don't you see the stats for how many guys the Bengals drafted are still in the league!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Riley graded 58.0 which was the #78 ranked safety on PFF. (You won't win in the NFL if you play guys ranked in the 50's.)

Wynn rated 66.2 or as the #77 ranked DI.
Reply/Quote
Dont like either of these guys. Would rather take a chance on someone playing good for the AAF if this is the route we are going to take or just wait and see who gets cut after the draft. Very bottom of the barrel players.
Reply/Quote
How many guys do we bring in for visits that we don't sign? A lot. Vinnie Curry is going back to the Eagles.

Just because we brought these guys in doesn't mean we'll sign them.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hey! Don't you see the stats for how many guys the Bengals drafted are still in the league!  Hilarious

Yet more proof of Mikey's nefarious scheme. His players have spread have spread like a virus through the league. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4482837]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Riley graded 58.0 which was the #78 ranked safety on PFF. (You won't win in the NFL if you play guys ranked in the 50's.)

Wynn rated 66.2 or as the #77 ranked DI.

They wouldn't be bringing either guy in to start, so who cares? They'd be depth signings, just like Webb.
Reply/Quote
And depth guys end up starting after injuries as we saw with Nickerson. Why not just draft guys as backups who would have more of a chance of improving.

Adding sucky players to your roster is never a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And depth guys end up starting after injuries as we saw with Nickerson. Why not just draft guys as backups who would have more of a chance of improving.

Adding sucky players to your roster is never a good thing.

Well, by drafting late round players for depth, you're pretty much drafting "sucky players".  As long as we're adding "sucky players" to the team, at least let them be the sucky guys that the coaches seem to have some faith will evolve into less sucky players?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, by drafting late round players for depth, you're pretty much drafting "sucky players".  As long as we're adding "sucky players" to the team, at least let them be the sucky guys that the coaches seem to have some faith will evolve into less sucky players?

The problem is, our sucky may actually be worse than the sucky we are bringing in. Which makes bringing in the sucky a good thing.
Reply/Quote