Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in London
Aren't the Bengals under contract for a 2nd home game over there in 2018 or 2019 as part of the new Paul Brown Stadium lease?
Reply/Quote
In before jokes about them just staying over there...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I have never heard this.......going over for the game last year was fun but don't really care to go back for any more.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 06:19 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Aren't the Bengals under contract for a 2nd home game over there in 2018 or 2019 as part of the new Paul Brown Stadium lease?

God I hope not
Reply/Quote
I'd complain about the London game in 2016, but the fact that we didn't lose over there made it one of the more productive games that season.
Reply/Quote
Move the team to any city and it wouldn't change anything because of how the family operates. I firmly believe that the only way this team will change is if they sell, but it's the goose that lays golden eggs for them. 
I hope they all develop horrific drug habits and get forced to sell to some single self made billionaire with absolutely no family to pass on his or her fortune. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2015/11/24/9790942/rumors-circulating-about-bengals-playing-a-game-in-london-in-2016
Yes they were promised two games in London.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 11:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd complain about the London game in 2016, but the fact that we didn't lose over there made it one of the more productive games that season.

Wait... I thought we played the Redskins and tied that game...
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 01:05 PM)Clep Wrote: Wait... I thought we played the Redskins and tied that game...

Exactly, a tie is not a loss. 
Reply/Quote
Who Dey in the UK!

I had so much fun with the Bengals faithful in London last year, I'd be booking a ticket right away for the encore. I hope it happens again.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 06:19 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Aren't the Bengals under contract for a 2nd home game over there in 2018 or 2019 as part of the new Paul Brown Stadium lease?

I think it’s ridiculous that they have teams traveling over there for regular season games. You want to have preseason game over there? Go for it.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 09:30 PM)Utts Wrote: I think it’s ridiculous that they have teams traveling over there for regular season games. You want to have preseason game over there? Go for it.

Both teams are in the same boat and they have lots of time to deal with jet lag, it's only a few more hours than going to the west coast. It's a fantastic event and has a really special feel to it. Wembley is awesome too. 

Hanging with the fans at the dedicated pub at Trafalgar square, bumping in to Munoz, singing and all that. I wish they did it every other year.
Reply/Quote