Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in firm control
With a win this Sunday we would be in firm control of the division, the Steelers are a question mark without Rothlisberger and the Ravens aren't very good and the Browns are....the Browns lol. We are by far the best team in the AFC North. Who Dey !
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
With a win, we will have a nice but not comfortable lead. It's still too early to declare the Bengals the best in the AFCN.

Reply/Quote
If both Pittsburgh and Baltimore lose next week and we win I'd feel much more comfortable. I'll be rooting for the Browns and Chargers and of course the BENGALS!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:02 AM)Trademark Wrote: With a win this Sunday we would be in firm control of the division, the Steelers are a question mark without Rothlisberger and the Ravens aren't very good and the Browns are....the Browns lol. We are by far the best team in the AFC North. Who Dey !

If the ravens "aren't very good", what does that say about us beating them by 4?
Reply/Quote
It's gonna be a 3 way battle for the north this year. I don't see any 3 missing the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:17 AM)Fresno B Wrote: It's gonna be a 3 way battle for the north this year. I don't see any 3 missing the playoffs.

IDK about that. I think this could be the first year in a long time that only the division champs (soon to be us) make it to the playoffs....

There are some good rising AFC teams that could easily sneak in over Pitt and Balt.

Pitt could make it, but Balt no way.
Reply/Quote
The north will only get 2 teams at most. The bills or jets will probably get one spot .
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:15 AM)Fresno B Wrote: If the ravens "aren't very good", what does that say about us beating them by 7?

Win by 7 or 70, it doesn't matter.  Just win.  Here's what it says--3-0.  How can any football fan not know this?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:17 AM)Fresno B Wrote: It's gonna be a 3 way battle for the north this year. I don't see any 3 missing the playoffs.

It's gonna take a lot for Baltimore to crawl back into the picture, but they are definitely capable.  Like the Bengals and the Squealers they have to play a difficult schedule, plus beat up on one another throughout the year.  I still think the team that goes 4-2 within the division wins it.  And I like the fact that we are already 1-0 while the others have a loss, except for Cleveland which hasn't played a division game yet.

It's early but this Sunday is a big game for the home team to get a 2 game lead.  Especially with Seattle and Buffalo on the horizon prior to the bye.
Reply/Quote

Is this a joke?
Reply/Quote
Good to see everyone is getting too comfortable with this team, only to be let down and one of the first people to be on the board wanting a firesale. People need to calm down with the exaggerations and just be happy with the previous games.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:08 AM)jeremydc Wrote: With a win, we will have a nice  but not  comfortable lead. It's still too early to declare the Bengals the best  in  the  AFCN.

Let's see... 

We beat an 0-3 Ravens team in Baltimore, who then went on to beat the 2-1 Steelers in Pittsburgh.

We also beat the Raiders in Oakland, and the Raiders went on to beat the Browns in Cleveland.

The transitive property doesn't usually mean much in football, but home field advantage does. I think it's okay to say we're the cream of the division for now.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:02 AM)Trademark Wrote: With a win this Sunday we would be in firm control of the division, the Steelers are a question mark without Rothlisberger and the Ravens aren't very good and the Browns are....the Browns lol. We are by far the best team in the AFC North. Who Dey !

No reason we don't take the win on our home turf this Sunday.

In addition to being 4-0 after a win Sunday we will also be 4-0 against the AFC which could come into play in any tie breakers which we have ran into before.

Bottom line is take care of business Sunday and the rest will fall into place.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Way too early to be talking about this type of stuff. We haven't even played our 4th game. Teams go on streaks and this team is no different. Right now we're playing well but who's to say we will be playing at this level in November or December.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 08:57 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Good to see everyone is getting too comfortable with this team, only to be let down and one of the first people to be on the board wanting a firesale. People need to calm down with the exaggerations and just be happy with the previous games.

but you say to come down with exaggerations and then you put one in your post.. "only to be let down".....   are you not also exaggerating that we are going to be let down with the Bengals ??
Reply/Quote
Liking it, but not too comfortable yet.

Besides we have bigger fish to fry this season in post season.

Got to stay the course and have some tough games coming.

That being said, Love Bengals chances

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
With the Ratbirds beating the Stoolers it helps even more.

Vick looks slow out there too. Bell, Brown and Heyward are all still great players though
and it will be a bar room drag out fight when we clash. Cannot wait for that game, but in
the mean time...

Lets beat on them Chiefs.

Rock On
Reply/Quote

A two game lead is nothing in this division. If we can pull off 2 wins against the chiefs, seahawks, bills and steelers, we will be in good position with a tough part of our schedule behind us. But the steelers will still be a factor at the end.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Is this a joke?

What sounds jokish? How many times have Baltimore missed the playoffs with Harbaugh as coach. Dont let the Bengals 3-0 record get to your head that much to where you downplay them.
Reply/Quote
1 game at a time.
Any given Sunday.
The season is young.
We haven't accomplished anything yet.
How many ways can you say the same thing?
Reply/Quote