Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals interested in J.C. Jackson
I honestly do not see JC Jackson as an option, we cant handle another 40-60M hitting escrow if we are extending Joe after the season.

But we may have options as to high end CBs.

I already mentioned the Carolina insiders telling me Gilmore has mentioned us and a 2 year deal would be expensive but not JC expensive with much less guaranteed money.

James Bradberry could be a cap casualty for the Giants, Lou would have serious inside info on the guy. Coming off a cut we could get a good deal on him.

Donte Jackson is the most athletic and needs a change of scenery. Super fast guy.

Patrick Peterson could be had on a very light one year deal.

I am a Rasul Douglas fan, mostly zone guy but plays a lot like Awuzie.

Chase burned Chavarious Ward but said he is very good and was solid.

Ive heard reports from Steelers guys that we are in on Ahkello Witherspoon, played with Awuzie in college, super cheap, been developing with much promise just not a lot of snaps.

Darious Williams was overlooked due to Ramsey but he would be an upgrade.

Unlike oline there are many options at CB.

Reply/Quote
Are all you drunken sailors spending Bengal dollars at the crooked crap game behind the stadium on Friday nights even thinking about how you're going to pay Joe Borrow, much less Tee Higginns, Ja'marr Chase, etc., on down the road? 
Just the price of Joes ALONE went up considerably a day or so ago when an Aaron just got paid $400 million..I know..fun to play FA with funny Bengal dollars.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
we like paying corners, but this guy is insane

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 11:09 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Love the guy but JC is the top Corner in FA and will command tons of dough. Spend the dough on the OL.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 03:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the guy but JC is the top Corner in FA and will command tons of dough. Spend the dough on the OL.

Same thing I said but this sounds like the kind of Mike Brown splash signing that he thinks will make everyone forget about addressing the offensive line.

With how much we've hammered home that we need to improve the line after the Super Bowl (and entire season), I don't see it happening, especially because I don't think Mike has much say in the operations anymore.

We need that money to sign our own guys and improve the o-line.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I honestly do not see JC Jackson as an option, we cant handle another 40-60M hitting escrow if we are extending Joe after the season.

But we may have options as to high end CBs.

I already mentioned the Carolina insiders telling me Gilmore has mentioned us and a 2 year deal would be expensive but not JC expensive with much less guaranteed money.

James Bradberry could be a cap casualty for the Giants, Lou would have serious inside info on the guy. Coming off a cut we could get a good deal on him.

Donte Jackson is the most athletic and needs a change of scenery. Super fast guy.

Patrick Peterson could be had on a very light one year deal.

I am a Rasul Douglas fan, mostly zone guy but plays a lot like Awuzie.

Chase burned Chavarious Ward but said he is very good and was solid.

Ive heard reports from Steelers guys that we are in on Ahkello Witherspoon, played with Awuzie in college, super cheap, been developing with much promise just not a lot of snaps.

Darious Williams was overlooked due to Ramsey but he would be an upgrade.

Unlike oline there are many options at CB.

I wanted James bradberry over wayans when that deal went down. Don’t know if he would have come here then as I think a Carolina coach went to the giants and there was already a connection there.

I see a scenario where the bengals sign Jackson and rescind the tag on bates and target a safety in the draft, round 2 or 3 depending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I would love to see the Bengals learn from their mistakes and not sign a corner to a big money contract in FA like they did with Waynes. One legit offensive lineman could have made the bit of difference in the Super Bowl. That's where the money should go. By all means, draft a corner. Sign an ascending corner in FA like they did with Awuzie. But if we're spending money trying to make the team better, our weakness is up front on offense--that's where the money should go.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I honestly do not see JC Jackson as an option, we cant handle another 40-60M hitting escrow if we are extending Joe after the season.

Mike?
Katie?
Troy?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 04:15 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It will certainly be interesting to see what they do at this point.

I mentioned this in a FA thread that the price tag for CJ is going to be a little higher now then a lot of people around here will like with Schultz, Njoku and Gesicki all getting hit with the tag. Still some good names to be had, but I have a feeling CJ will get a nice contract from either the Bengals or someone else.

Hopefully the Bates issue gets resolved and they extend him so he isn't playing under the tag but it seems like the guaranteed money issue might be the hold-up. 

Sadly, I really think they're going to end up much like last season where there is a lot of articles linking them to the top tier OL guys, but then watching all of them be priced out of the Bengals comfort zone. The team then getting a few tier 2-3 guys and crossing their fingers.

I feel this is what they have done the last few years with the o-line, cross their fingers & then pray to the football gods. Funny thing is we made the Super Bowl, in spite of the the sorry ass o-line. With a competent line we win the title easily, in my opinion. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed it would be a bad move.  I'd have to think about if it was the dumbest organization move ever. Signing Jackson doesn't mean there is no possibility of improving the line. Both can occur, but obviously if a lot of money was thrown at Jackson then it might mean a different caliber of OL player is signed.

I'd rather sign a JC Jackson caliber player on o-line and an Eli Apple type of guy at CB than vice versa.

(03-09-2022, 01:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People said that last offseason too after Burrow hurt his knee.

Right...and we gave up 70 sacks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 06:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mike?
Katie?
Troy?

LOL.... but Geoff Hobson says.... 

I will create a new post in how we can get JC and Oline.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 08:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd rather sign a JC Jackson caliber player on o-line and an Eli Apple type of guy at CB than vice versa.

Who do you view as that type of player? Edit: Armstead?
Reply/Quote
I see zero chance here. No idea what the Bengals think of Jackson, but the rumor reeks of an agent generating as much of a market for this client as possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 10:14 PM)samhain Wrote: I see zero chance here.  No idea what the Bengals think of Jackson, but the rumor reeks of an agent generating as much of a market for this client as possible.

I doubt it as well, but there is a path with all of our current cash we've yet to spend (not cap). I posted a new thread about it.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 10:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I doubt it as well, but there is a path with all of our current cash we've yet to spend (not cap). I posted a new thread about it.

Yeah, I heard the guys on Locked on Bengals talking about the caps cash concept.  It's way over my head.  It sounded like it was in our favor, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 10:33 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, I heard the guys on Locked on Bengals talking about the caps cash concept.  It's way over my head.  It sounded like it was in our favor, though.

Andre Perrotta is the guy. An attorney who knows the ends and outs of these deals.  

Reply/Quote
The defense was a huge part in the Bengals making it to the Super Bowl. If the defense doesnt hold KC to 3 points in the second half, they are the ones in the Super Bowl. If we could add J.C. Jackson to the Bengals secondary, that would be a huge boost for the defense. Cut Waynes, save a bunch of cap money and spend a little more on top of that extra money to get one of the better conerbacks in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 12:58 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The defense was a huge part in the Bengals making it to the Super Bowl.  If the defense doesnt hold KC to 3 points in the second half, they are the ones in the Super Bowl.  If we could add J.C. Jackson to the Bengals secondary, that would be a huge boost for the defense.  Cut Waynes, save a bunch of cap money and spend a little more on top of that extra money to get one of the better conerbacks in the NFL.

Hobson just said today that JC will never happen.

He also said no way on Tunsil, a 27 year old top LT we could get with only a 10M guarantee impact on the escrow.

He named the lowest priced guard as an option - C. Williams.  Said Daniels is way too much.  Looking to get 2 oline for 12-14M combined.

When asked to guess who the splash free agent would be he answered Larry Ogunjobi...... 

Kill me now....

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 01:18 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Hobson just said today that JC will never happen.

He also said no way on Tunsil, a 27 year old top LT we could get with only a 10M guarantee impact on the escrow.

He named the lowest priced guard as an option - C. Williams.  Said Daniels is way too much.  Looking to get 2 oline for 12-14M combined.

When asked to guess who the splash free agent would be he answered Larry Ogunjobi...... 

Kill me now....

Fk me

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 01:18 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Hobson just said today that JC will never happen.

Kill me now....

Laremy Tunsil is not a free agent and will require alot of draft capital to acquire... hearing 2 1st round picks at least.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote