Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals interview Harold Goodwin for o-line
Most recently of the Cardinals. He was offensive coordinator and o-line coach under Bruce Arians.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/10/16875036/bengals-cardinals-offensive-line-coach-harold-goodwin-nfl-rumors

Discuss.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
[Image: bAjxhTH.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: bAjxhTH.gif]

Coaching results are impressive: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/GoodHa0.htm
Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Goodwin_(American_football)

This would be an excellent hire, IMO. Think of all the rushing success they've had, especially with David Johnson. 

He could also be an in-house candidate to replace Lazor in the future, if need be.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Most recently of the Cardinals. He was offensive coordinator and o-line coach under Bruce Arians.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/10/16875036/bengals-cardinals-offensive-line-coach-harold-goodwin-nfl-rumors

Discuss.

.......better than a sharp stick in the eye for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: bAjxhTH.gif]

Goodwin was Bruce Arians go to guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Sounds good on paper, but how the heck does a guy go from being interviewed for HC spots to looking for a position coaching gig at a hasn't been?
Reply/Quote
He only called plays in preseason under Arians, but his lines did excellent work.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He only called plays in preseason under Arians, but his lines did excellent work.

.....and dealt with a lot of injuries.  There were some times that the line got Palmer killed though.....I guess that was due to injury, I hope.  That said, he was the line coach in Shitsburgh, according to your link, so maybe he can teach the guys to hold without getting a flag. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: he was the line coach in Shitsburgh, according to your link, so maybe he can teach the guys to hold without getting a flag. Ninja

Now, I want him as the OL coach.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
David Johnson production is something to consider.

Leaving no stone unturned tho. This is how you conduct a search.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: David Johnson production is something to consider.

Agreed.....he has a decent resume.  Hopefully they interview more candidates, but this most likely wouldn't be an awful hire.

Reply/Quote
Anyone familiar with Goodwin's coaching style and persona? I don't watch a lot of Cardinals football games, but I know that their offense has been pretty good. Is he a "player's coach" or is he more of a hard ass? (IMO, it would be pointless to have any guy in the position of OL coach that wasn't a hard ass)

How has he done with developing talent? Do his draft picks tend to work out well, or do they have to stock via FA?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed.....he has a decent resume.  Hopefully they interview more candidates, but this most likely wouldn't be an awful hire.

Decent resume? He would have one of the best resumes of anyone on the staff. He would have multiple super bowls, helped lead Indy to one of their best seasons, and helped lead the Cardinals to one of their best seasons. 

I'm not really sure who we would find that would have a better resume based off team success.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:01 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Decent resume? He would have one of the best resumes of anyone on the staff. He would have multiple super bowls, helped lead Indy to one of their best seasons, and helped lead the Cardinals to one of their best seasons. 

That's not really saying much..... Wink

Maybe decent wasn't the proper adjective.....how about good?

Reply/Quote
So I always have to ask - if a dude is good, why is his team not keeping him? Haven't followed any cardinal news, is their a major change going on there?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:13 PM)BengalD Wrote: So I always have to ask - if a dude is good, why is his team not keeping him?  Haven't followed any cardinal news, is their a major change going on there?

Arians retired.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:13 PM)BengalD Wrote: So I always have to ask - if a dude is good, why is his team not keeping him?  Haven't followed any cardinal news, is their a major change going on there?

Arians is retiring.

And there is nothing the bengals need more than a GoodWin.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:28 PM)Benton Wrote: Sounds good on paper, but how the heck does a guy go from being interviewed for HC spots to looking for a position coaching gig at a hasn't been?

Hue Jackson went from head coach to assistant RB coach with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Did you even read the article? Hah
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's not really saying much..... Wink

Maybe decent wasn't the proper adjective.....how about good?

I'll take it. 
Reply/Quote