Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals invest in fans
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-invest-in-fans-with-enhanced-season-ticket-member-benefits

While I'm an outsider and unable to attend games in Cincinnati in any capacity and certainly not as a season ticket holder, I did receive a mass email sent by the Bengals & Katie Blackburn today detailing an improved fan experience, specifically in regards to Season Ticket Members. To my untrained eye, it seems like an impressive effort to connect with the fans. Obviously, continuing to build around the franchise QB would be the most important part of that process, but as far as these fan-specific initiatives go, I'm curious what the locals think about it.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 01:04 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-invest-in-fans-with-enhanced-season-ticket-member-benefits

While I'm an outsider and unable to attend games in Cincinnati in any capacity and certainly not as a season ticket holder, I did receive a mass email sent by the Bengals & Katie Blackburn today detailing an improved fan experience, specifically in regards to Season Ticket Members. To my untrained eye, it seems like an impressive effort to connect with the fans. Obviously, continuing to build around the franchise QB would be the most important part of that process, but as far as these fan-specific initiatives go, I'm curious what the locals think about it.

Hey 34, nice to hear from you again. I'll check it out
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was just looking at pricing...

So for the canopy crazy membership that starts at an extra $400 a season you get:

a t shirt,
a total of $80 in concession credits for the season
a 10% pro shop discount

In no way do I see any value in that. That's not about "investing" in the fans - it's strictly a money grab.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I’m in So Cal so this does nothing for me personally but I would like to see what gifts they give to each level.
Hopefully if someone’s forking over big $ for season tickets in the club levels they get more than just a T shirt.

Also, I would be interested in someone posting their pics/video of the season ticket package the Bengals send out. I have seen other teams’ videos on YouTube and some of them are pretty cool.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 01:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was just looking at pricing...

So for the canopy crazy membership that starts at an extra $400 a season you get:

a t shirt,
a 10% pro shop discount

In no way do I see any value in that. That's not about "investing" in the fans - it's strictly a money grab.

It looks to me like the price for the entire package in the canopy starts at $400, not an additional $400 over what they were already charging. If I'm wrong about that, then I would agree with you about the value.

Of course, I don't know what the prices were last year by comparison, either.
Reply/Quote

a t shirt,
a 10% pro shop discount

its about getting more season ticket holders lol...  (to generate more money)

the value is in the tickets to watch the product on the field.
Improving that product should be top priority
Reply/Quote
The whole intent of anything like this is to draw more fans to the stadium and ultimately spend more money.
While things like this could help, the best way will be to field a playoff contender.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 01:42 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: It looks to me like the price for the entire package in the canopy starts at $400, not an additional $400 over what they were already charging. If I'm wrong about that, then I would agree with you about the value.

Of course, I don't know what the prices were last year by comparison, either.

That would make a lot more sense.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The whole intent of anything like this is to draw more fans to the stadium and ultimately spend more money.
While things like this could help, the best way will be to field a playoff contender.

Agree getting back to being a playoff contender is most important.. but also game experience can play a part and reasonable ticket prices which is also important.  Ive been to some very overpriced away games and I appreciate that our prices in compared with many other stadiums are affordable for the average fan. 
Reply/Quote

a t shirt,
a 10% pro shop discount

Sorry about your incorrect.. packages start at $400.... great deal really,,, not a money grab at all... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

a t shirt,
a 10% pro shop discount

Here I thought this was going to be the Bengals going the extra mile to develop a relationship with fans or making games more exciting to attend. Silly me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 03:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agree getting back to being a playoff contender is most important.. but also game experience can play a part and reasonable ticket prices which is also important.  Ive been to some very overpriced away games and I appreciate that our prices in compared with many other stadiums are affordable for the average fan. 

No doubt. I guess I'd rather see a winning product on the field over having "perks" like discounts, more party atmosphere, and pregame events.
I guess some people may just want to go for the environment and not care as much about the gameplay itself though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just win some damn games. I don't need bells and whistles.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 04:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Here I thought this was going to be the Bengals going the extra mile to develop a relationship with fans or making games more exciting to attend. Silly me.

I haven't been to a game in quite a while...do they put up the game stats up anywhere?
If not, It'd be a nice addition.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 04:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No doubt. I guess I'd rather see a winning product on the field over having "perks" like discounts, more party atmosphere, and pregame events.
I guess some people may just want to go for the environment and not care as much about the gameplay itself though.

They can do both and perks are nice also us season ticket holder
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 04:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No doubt. I guess I'd rather see a winning product on the field over having "perks" like discounts, more party atmosphere, and pregame events.

Of course you'd rather see those things; as they cost you nothing as you watch the game from the couch. 

I applaud the team for giving back to those that invest in the team 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

a t shirt,
a 10% pro shop discount

What do you mean EXTRA $400?

Season tickets are typically discounted below face for season ticket holders.

So, on top of that you get $80 in free food/drink, 10% off at shop, & a T shirt.

^ Where does the fan getting hit with an extra $400 come from?
Reply/Quote
To the people whining about the product on the field: What F is wrong with the logic part of your brain? It's like you're dogs, conditioned to *****.....

- THE TICKET SALES ARE NOT HURTING THE TEAM ON THE FIELD OR INFLUENCING FREE AGENCY OR THE DRAFT.
- THE TICKET PEOPLE ARE NOT PART OF ANY ON FIELD SUCCESS AND VICE VERSA. ZT, BURROW, TOBIN, etc. HAVE ZERO TO DO WITH THE TICKET SALES TEAM
- MORE BENGALS FANS AT GAMES SHOULD = MORE WINS OR A HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

The idea that ticket sales, perks and on field success go hand in hand or oppose each other is mouth breather stuff. Need more nose breathers here.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if those club seats would be worth it or not
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 10:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: Wonder if those club seats would be worth it or not

Love mine and looking forward to the additional perks!
Reply/Quote