Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals kicker battle update: Practice Yesterday- "Elliot still struggling..."
Burning a pick on a kicker is bad press. Burning a pick on a kicker who can't beat a single scrap heap schlub and survive a single training camp is super not good.

Our GM must be sweating bullets over this gaffe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 06:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burning a pick on a kicker is bad press.  Burning a pick on a kicker who can't beat a single scrap heap schlub and survive a single training camp is super not good.

Our GM must be sweating bullets over this gaffe.

[Image: uncle-ben-spiderman-remember-pete-with-n...bility.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 04:21 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I hope Elliot improves because I have 0 faith in Bullock to make kicks when it actually matters.

This right here.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, but it is a bit of a concern.

Elliott isn't helping himself in practice that is for sure and Bullock is helping himself.

God helps those who help themselves. Mellow

It is...And I am more than a little puzzled. 
Reply/Quote
Keep Bullock.......Elliott PS ?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:56 AM)CincyKid Wrote: Keep Bullock.......Elliott PS ?

I could get behind this. But if Elliott keeps doing poorly, do we really need to use a PS spot on him? Isn't it likely he would be available off the street if Bullock tumbles?
Reply/Quote
Beaker......im with you all the way.......Jim Breech was a reject who was our best kicker ever
Reply/Quote
the NY Giants have Nuuuuuuug in camp right now
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is...And I am more than a little puzzled. 

Yeah, the one question mark from the draft. Loved every other pick.

In college this guy was 100% on extra points and was pretty much automatic. The reason Simmons said he liked him was
that he didn't let things get in his head. Sounds like it happens to nearly every kicker though and it sucks for us and Elliott.

Must be in his head, similar to the Nuge.

I would keep Bullock right now damn it.

Simmons said he wanted the next Justin Tucker, this guy don't seem to be it. You practice like you play.
Reply/Quote
Let's see what the kid does today against the Chiefs.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
My faith is not so much in the young kicker as it is in the coach who wanted him. I know faith is a dirty word these days, one that apparently means defending every bad move Mike has ever made.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 12:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Let's see what the kid does today against the Chiefs.

In the end it is about the games that is for sure.

I just always think the best way is to practice like you are in the game.

Right now it is a concern with Elliott, i like his form though. But i liked the Nuge's too.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 12:57 PM)McC Wrote: My faith is not so much in the young kicker as it is in the coach who wanted him.  I know faith is a dirty word these days, one that apparently means defending every bad move Mike has ever made.

Simmons knows his shit. Mellow

I have faith in saying this. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 12:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, the one question mark from the draft. Loved every other pick.

In college this guy was 100% on extra points and was pretty much automatic. The reason Simmons said he liked him was
that he didn't let things get in his head. Sounds like it happens to nearly every kicker though and it sucks for us and Elliott.

Must be in his head, similar to the Nuge.

I would keep Bullock right now damn it.

Simmons said he wanted the next Justin Tucker, this guy don't seem to be it. You practice like you play.

Yeah, but what makes me leary of Bullock is his age and his past.  He goes through funks, too.  I think if Elliott is 100% in the preseason, they will keep him regardless of the practice yips.
Reply/Quote
I've had a change of heart on this one. I say we keep Elliot and let him work his way out of this funk. Bullock or some other crapheap kicker will be there if we need to kick rocks on Elliot. Nuts to it.

I noticed the Bucs cut Aguayo and kept Folk. Apparently Aguayo has been spot-on in practice since and Folk missed an extra point and a FG in his first pre-season game as the only kicker. We shall see, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 05:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've had a change of heart on this one.  I say we keep Elliot and let him work his way out of this funk.  Bullock or some other crapheap kicker will be there if we need to kick rocks on Elliot.  Nuts to it.  

I noticed the Bucs cut Aguayo and kept Folk.  Apparently Aguayo has been spot-on in practice since and Folk missed an extra point and a FG in his first pre-season game as the only kicker.  We shall see, I guess.

I'm not sure bad practices equal a "funk."  He did well in his first game.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 06:46 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm not sure bad practices equal a "funk."  He did well in his first game.

He's performing below a scapheap kicker...regardless of the setting that's not looking too good.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 06:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's performing below a scapheap kicker...regardless of the setting that's not looking too good.

I think they were equal in the last game.  Bullock got an extra shot at a field goal that Elliott didn't get and got a very lucky bounce off the upright that I guarantee you would go the other way in a game.  People are this board are making this out to be a lot worse than it actually is.  Bullock's already missed a field goal that we needed to win an actual game (Cue the apologists saying it wasn't his fault).  Keeping him and letting Elliott go would be a huge mistake.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 01:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Simmons knows his shit. Mellow

I have faith in saying this. Mellow

He does.  He may be the best coach we have.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 05:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've had a change of heart on this one.  I say we keep Elliot and let him work his way out of this funk.  Bullock or some other crapheap kicker will be there if we need to kick rocks on Elliot.  Nuts to it.  

I noticed the Bucs cut Aguayo and kept Folk.  Apparently Aguayo has been spot-on in practice since and Folk missed an extra point and a FG in his first pre-season game as the only kicker.  We shall see, I guess.

I didn't realize til now that the Bears had picked Aguayo up.  
Reply/Quote