Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals may lose out on Thuney; Thuney is intrigued by the Ravens
Since Zietler is off the table, maybe its because we are working on bringing Thuney back home. You know the Bengals, we wont know until its basically official. I certainly hope we get him. He would be the leader and anchor of the OL at this point. A presence like him on the field will help the OL play better as a whole.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Since Zietler is off the table, maybe its because we are working on bringing Thuney back home. You know the Bengals, we wont know until its basically official. I certainly hope we get him. He would be the leader and anchor of the OL at this point. A presence like him on the field will help the OL play better as a whole.

Apparently the Patriots are looking to bring him back, this is setting up
to be a disaster of a free agency
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 02:01 PM)Trademark Wrote: Apparently the Patriots are looking to bring him back, this is setting up
to be a disaster of a free agency

just because we dont sign the few dream scenario names you all came up with doesnt mean it will be a disaster of a free agency.

As long as we upgrade areas of need... its a step in the right direction...  1 15mil a year guard wasnt gonna turn around the OL himself.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 02:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just because we dont sign the few dream scenario names you all came up with doesnt mean it will be a disaster of a free agency.

As long as we upgrade areas of need... its a step in the right direction...  1 15mil a year guard wasnt gonna turn around the OL himself.

But we were going to sign Thuney, Ziegler, alex Mack, a big time WR, and resign all of our free agents then draft Sewell in the draft and trade back up to get that Florida TE and win the super bowl
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 02:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just because we dont sign the few dream scenario names you all came up with doesnt mean it will be a disaster of a free agency.

Problem is the # of available upgrades is quickly becoming smaller and smaller. XSF type signings are not going to move the needle much.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Problem is the # of available upgrades is quickly becoming smaller and smaller.

Really?

Who else that could be s significant upgrade for us has signed?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Really?

I believe he is talking about the guys who were tagged and that the expected talent pool is much smaller then expected.

Add on, that the Bengals have only really been linked to a few people, Thuney, Zeitler and of those two one is signed and the other is getting a lot of interest from the Jets and the Patriots.

So... yes, it is safe to say that this is not starting off well.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Really?

Moton, Scherff, Daryl Williams

Reply/Quote
There have only been a handful of signings so far in the first couple hours of legal tampering. There just hasn't been much action across the league as a whole yet. Sort of a slow start compared to past years.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There have only been a handful of signings so far in the first couple hours of legal tampering. There just hasn't been much action across the league as a whole yet. Sort of a slow start compared to past years.

The Bengals didnt sign DJ Reader until early evening last year. About 5 or 6.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm sure NE is interested in Thuney. So are the Jets, so is Denver, so are we, and so on. Just have to see where the chips fall. Free agents who play well would have plenty of teams interested. I'm sure we werent the only player to want Reader or Waynes last year. Just have to hope we put a good deal out there and that he wants to play here. His family certainly would probably want him here more than anywhere else but its ultimately a business. We'll see how this FA pans out for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:09 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals didnt sign DJ Reader until early evening last year. About 5 or 6.

Patriots just signed the Titans TE for 50 million so they may not be able to afford Thuney now.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:12 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm sure NE is interested in Thuney. So are the Jets, so is Denver, so are we, and so on. Just have to see where the chips fall. Free agents who play well would have plenty of teams interested. I'm sure we werent the only player to want Reader or Waynes last year. Just have to hope we put a good deal out there and that he wants to play here. His family certainly would probably want him here more than anywhere else but its ultimately a business. We'll see how this FA pans out for us.

Im thinking with the added FAs.. Thuney might be hard to sign for NE with cap space and they did trade for Trent Brown Oline...

Jets and Denver probably are in play... Ravens are not now that they signed Zeitler...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im thinking with the added FAs.. Thuney might be hard to sign for NE with cap space and they did trade for Trent Brown Oline...

Jets and Denver probably are in play... Ravens are not now that they signed Zeitler...

If I was the Jets GM my energy would be best spent going hard after Corey Linsley to put in front of their soon to have rookie QB.

Veteran Center is essential for a Rookie QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:09 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals didnt sign DJ Reader until early evening last year. About 5 or 6.

Yeah, he was in negotiations with the Broncos and Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:21 PM)Synric Wrote: If I was the Jets GM my energy would be best spent going hard after Corey Linsley to put in front of their soon to have rookie QB.

Veteran Center is essential for a Rookie QB.

Jets need a pass catcher something fierce.
They did just draft Mims last year in Rd 2 and have Crowder as a slot guy, but they need a true WR1. They could use a good TE too.
If I'm the Jets, I too would bring in Linsley to solidify the OL, but I'd be hard-pressed to stick it out with Darnold for one more year behind a good OL and get a stud pass catcher in Rd 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Patriots just signed the Titans TE for 50 million so they may not be able to afford Thuney now.

They signed the NT from Miami and Judon from the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Problem is the # of available upgrades is quickly becoming smaller and smaller.  XSF type signings are not going to move the needle much.

# of super studs is small (and expensive...)  but if our OL was as bad as everyone states finding upgrades across the board shouldnt prove very difficult.   Moving the needle in the right direction a little is still better than the wrong direction or not at all.

When not trading you have to give a guy incentive to come to your squad...  Bad squads tend to pay more.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They signed the NT from Miami and Judon from the Ravens.

They aren't messing around... right back into it in the AFC East.

Now they just need a QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They signed the NT from Miami and Judon from the Ravens.

Pats going bonkers right outta the gate. Hobson says we can't afford a gently used '87 Yugo. Go figure!?! Whatever
Reply/Quote