Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals merch
I have enjoyed watching local Cincinnati newscasts on YouTube showing tons of fans out there swarming the stores for Bengals jerseys (McPherson!), shirts, hats etc. I know a lot of it is just fans excited due to this playoff run but are a lot of these people local bandwagoners? It’s to be expected but have you yourself bought more stuff due to the way the season has gone or are you like me - excited but already having a ton of Bengals gear?

Who would’ve thought after the Jets game that at many stores Bengals’ metch would be sold out in January?
Reply/Quote
I bought a lot of gear over the years, but my only purchase in 2021/2022 has been a new jersey. I wore it to a few games but our record with me wearing it is 2-4 or something, so it will keep hanging in the closet for now. I'll just be wearing old stuff from here on out.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I just bought four new jerseys, so yeah.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 08:49 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I have enjoyed watching local Cincinnati newscasts on YouTube showing tons of fans out there swarming the stores for Bengals jerseys (McPherson!), shirts, hats etc. I know a lot of it is just fans excited due to this playoff run but are a lot of these people local bandwagoners? It’s to be expected but have you yourself bought more stuff due to the way the season has gone or are you like me - excited but already having a ton of Bengals gear?

Who would’ve thought after the Jets game that at many stores Bengals’ metch would be sold out in January?

I had wanted the sideline hat but just didn’t want to spend the $35 at the moment. Win a playoff game and pretty much all decent bengals merch is gone. And I don’t have anything but an old white hate and a chad Johnson jersey both of which I got probably 12+ years ago
Reply/Quote
I will be buying more after this season no question. You see Mikey Boy, success = more money Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:26 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I had wanted the sideline hat but just didn’t want to spend the $35 at the moment. Win a playoff game and pretty much all decent bengals merch is gone. And I don’t have anything but an old white hate and a chad Johnson jersey both of which I got probably 12+ years ago

I will be wearing my Chad Johnson jersey on Sunday, same as the Titans game when I thought we would win so I didn't 
think I could jinx them and I was right. I just underestimated how healthy the Titans got for our game, we got them at 
their toughest and still pulled out a win in their place. First road Playoff win in Bengals history. Yeah baby. Cool
Reply/Quote
You know I have so much that I did not add a single item to my gear this year.

But plan on getting lots of new Bengals Super Bowl Champion gear in the very near future.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will be wearing my Chad Johnson jersey on Sunday, same as the Titans game when I thought we would win so I didn't 
think I could jinx them and I was right. I just underestimated how healthy the Titans got for our game, we got them at 
their toughest and still pulled out a win in their place. First road Playoff win in Bengals history. Yeah baby. Cool

Oddly enough I don’t wear anything if I’m just watching a game at home unless someone else is watching it with me or if I go out to watch
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:31 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Oddly enough I don’t wear anything if I’m just watching a game at home unless someone else is watching it with me or if I go out to watch

Same here, but I will be watching it with my Mom and Dad so its all good. They are actually interested this year cause we are
finally good and they love our Defense and Burrow and namely Chase. Usually they could care less. My Mom's Birthday is on 
Sunday BTW. Hope it is a good luck charm even if I think luck is 98% work as Walker Texas Ranger says lol
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, but I will be watching it with my Mom and Dad so its all good. They are actually interested this year cause we are
finally good and they love our Defense and Burrow and namely Chase. Usually they could care less. My Mom's Birthday is on 
Sunday BTW. Hope it is a good luck charm even if I think luck is 98% work as Walker Texas Ranger says lol

Also I pretty much never not watch a game at home anyways which has led to my bare bengals closet. I have tons of Georgia stuff because we always go to a bunch of games every year
Reply/Quote
I bought my first merch in years this Fall. Just not as enthused about the Bengals til this year. 2005 and 2015 are the closest to the Boomer/Munoz years as far as my enthusiasm goes til this year. This is my favorite bengals team of all time. Perhaps many of the buyers feel the same as I do.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Speaking of my Merch. I not only have a Chad Johnson jersey but a mini Housh jersey I hung on my wall in my house a
couple nice Bengals hats, a nice Bengals beanie for when it is cold, my little Bengal Gnome with his #1 finger in the air
my Paul Brown Book of PB's history and history of the Bengals, my Bengals beer bottle cosey and have more that I will
add to after this season.
Reply/Quote
Game days are always the Chase (or Burrow but it has been all Chase since we got hot) jersey with a long sleeve Bengals shirt under it and a heavy Bengals jacket if it gets cold.

Also have Palmer and AJ Green jerseys.

I have a few Under Armour tight orange or black Bengals shirts that I wear to work out and a few other ones specifically to wear out or to the pool.

Lots of Bengals sweatshirts, sweatpants, and t-shirts.

Bengals pajama pants.

Bengals flag.

Bengals ball signed by the entire team (I forget which year but had to be between '06 and '08 because I was still in college).

Poster with Palmer, Chad, Rudi, and Marvin all with individual pictures and they all signed their individual picture.

Two Bengals wallets (use one of them).

Bengals mug.

A Bengals glass.

A Bengals bucket.

Bengals shoes.

Bengals socks.

Bengals hat.

That might be it Jerry
Reply/Quote
I did not get anything Bengals for Christmas this year for the first time in decades.
Always see stuff I want but don’t need which is why I ended up with so much of it.

I told my wife we are two wins away from possible bankruptcy because if they do win the SB I’m buying everything they offer that has Bengals and Super Bowl champions in it!
Reply/Quote
Only buy Tiger head merch, none of the generic B they try shoving down our throats. Sadly there’s been less and less of it.
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyshirts.com you are welcome
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
For the last 10 years or so, I´m visiting the US (Las Vegas) once a year, of course combinig it with a shopping tour. All I got in the last years was 1 Bengals Shirt, Shops didnt have any Bengals Merch. Guess it will be different when I´m in Vegas in April.

edit: my first Bengals Merch was a Jacket, late 80s/early 90s.
hard work ain´t easy, but usually easy ain´t worth it
Reply/Quote
My son got me two t-shirts a black & a grey for Christmas. The wife got me a Burrow t-shirt & a Bengals tank top (I spend a lot of time in South Florida).

I have a bunch of Jerseys & swore never to get another, but made the mistake of saying I love the white Jersey. Think she might get me a Burrow Jersey for Valentine's, since she expressed her frustration of not being able to find one online.
Reply/Quote
I have Burrow's rookie jersey (before the 2021 design change). I don't know the timeline, but it seems to have sold out in less than a month once the season started. Maybe I can convert my old Palmer jerseys with a Burrow nameplate?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, but I will be watching it with my Mom and Dad so its all good. They are actually interested this year cause we are

A Bengals win and team heading to the SB sounds like the perfect gift Cincinnati can give your Mother on her birthday.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote