Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals moving on from Del Rio
(02-05-2019, 07:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In fairness, he was head coach of 2 expansion teams. That's kinda tough to judge. He did have one of them in the NFC title game in their 2nd year of existence. 

That is true, and it certainly went better for him in Carolina overall.  Houston was a debacle.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: That is true, and it certainly went better for him in Carolina overall.  Houston was a debacle.

That it was. Terrible o-line got poor David Carr shell shocked. 76 sacks in 2002 IIRC. It didn't help their cause that they took Tony Boselli in the expansion draft, and the guy never played a down for them due to injuries.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Something tells me we are going to end up with Greg Schiano.

Mike Brown move all the way...
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Something tells me we are going to end up with Greg Schiano.

It's not gonna be a Mike Brown move.  It's gonna be a Zac Taylor move, whoever it ends up being.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
As long as nobody has been officially hired I'm going to try to remain open minded about whoever might be named. There's still a LOT of college coaches out there who may or may not be NFL material and a lot of assistants at the pro level.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Something tells me we are going to end up with Greg Schiano.

Schiano will head off to New England.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Man, was feeling all good this morning than this. Damn.

Wanted Del Rio, hope Fox is still in the cards, don't like Capers.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:45 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, was feeling all good this morning than this. Damn.

Wanted Del Rio, hope Fox is still in the cards, don't like Capers.

Let it play out.  We wanted a man with a new plan.  Well, we have one.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:53 AM)McC Wrote: Let it play out.  We wanted a man with a new plan.  Well, we have one.  

True, sorry McC, early and just heard the news.

Have to trust in Taylor here. Think he will do a good job.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:54 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, sorry McC, early and just heard the news.

Have to trust in Taylor here. Think he will do a good job.

He wants to do things his way and have the people on his staff he feels can help him implement his way.  I just think it's important to not judge each individual hiring and to wait until it all comes together and see how it works.  The truth is, judgment day on his decisions won't come until at least September.  No point in getting rattled in February.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 12:00 PM)McC Wrote: He wants to do things his way and have the people on his staff he feels can help him implement his way.  I just think it's important to not judge each individual hiring and to wait until it all comes together and see how it works.  The truth is, judgment day on his decisions won't come until at least September.  No point in getting rattled in February.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

Damn i care about this team too much lol
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 01:50 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Schiano will head off to New England.

I believe he is already on the Penn State staff..
Reply/Quote
Is Richard, Dallas's D assistant still available?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 01:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Is Richard, Dallas's D assistant still available?

Even if he was, I believe Dallas can block any requests for an interview since it's not for a headcoaching position.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 01:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I believe he is already on the Penn State staff..

Rumor has him going to NE.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-bucs-hc-greg-schiano-reportedly-will-be-patriots-new-defensive-coordinator/ar-BBTfkCK

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote